Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ilune the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121633
121633, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ilune the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 9 17:50:19 2014

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Ilune perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:94
121634, Well darn.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You came up the ranks very fast and surprised me the first time we actually did battle. You were right, in part, during our conversations but I've faced so many dex builds that are incredibly hard to kill with this character that one more didn't do much in the way of scaring me. The earlier conversations that we had were much more tempered and cordial that I don't really know what happened that one time but after that things calmed down a tiny bit again but there just seemed to be a bitterness that I didn't understand as a character nor player.

However, I was looking forward into speaking with you more and learning more about you and maybe finding out how or what I did to slight you. Also, you seemed to have that snotty, holier-than-thou, drow rp on lock down but weren't completely obnoxious about it. I'd say second only to Hexugar but he did evoke fear in my character. Sadly though, our next interactions will have to be another incarnation. But, whatever it is, I wish you good luck.
121635, Still baffled
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As to how this guy got war master from funnyone's bard.

84 hrs including the time at war master? If this is the result of code for checking if someone's playing enough the code feels like it could benefit from some tweaking.
121636, I'll make an explanation for people who wonder
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Odara had been on a steady and constant decline of hours/playtime for approx. 2-3 weeks before receiving the spot of War Master. After receiving War Master, Odara would go multiple days without logging in and those log ins were generally very short, (sub 15 mins). During the little over a week that Odara was in the spot of War Master, she logged a grand total of less than 2 hours. During this same window of time where Odara was becoming harder to find, Ilune was one of a few blades around and putting in a lot of hours.

So when I made the decision to have Odara dropped down to Elite from WM, she hadn't even been logged in within the last handful of days. And then when you throw in the constant decline in time played in the weeks leading up to it? Yeah, I wasn't okay with what was looking to be turning into a non-active character holding onto a council spot without using it. Espeically when there were MULTIPLE other people in the Blade sect who were in the 40+ range that were around all the time.

There is no wonky code work here, its purely me keeping tabs on things. If you are in a limited spot in Empire and know you are going to hit some sort of weird lull or have a pending vacation or something, a simple note to me or an email so I know makes any of these potential headaches non-existent. If you do end up SO busy that you can't even shoot an email or make a 2 min login for a note then I feel bad for you having such a hectic time in your life but its not fair for the rest of the people who are trying to get a hold of that limited spot for you to not use it.
121637, I get the principle
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the response. Just strikes me as easy to manipulate, at least in the short term, by those who change their practice to benefit from a slot coming free. But it's good to know that an email will at least get taken into account (eg if someone is on holiday for example).