Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Jurloah the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121537
121537, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Jurloah the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 3 17:07:18 2014

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Jurloah perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:112
121570, Goodbyes.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As always, much respect to the imms and players. Fun game, glad to be able to mix it up and enjoy the rush of pk.

I've played too many burn-out, frustrated Nexuns the past 3 years that it was great to finally get one that was resourceful and could be deadly in the right situations. I still hate Nexus powers, btw. Bond is annoying for a lot of builds (like ranger) and vanguard just doesn't add much in the way of how I like to pk.

After I deleted Keijrai, I remember Sam and Zoskia talking about doing a marsh/hunter instead. This was that attempt.

Hunter is still fun, neat, and has a good place if underpowered across the board.

Marsh should be awesome, and it is great in its hometerrain, but managing to find a fight there is frustrating and futile. Honestly, no one goes to Ysigrath anymore at hero. Why would you when you can buy non-rot enlarge/reduce at 2 safe enough different cities or barter for better invis in silverwood? Not ONE time did I track a hero level char's steps in Ysigrath. Not once. So other than the rare hope of catching someone in High Lord's Keep, I got nada swamp action. Not even sitting in Veran, just never right place/right time. No one could be baited into swamps either.

Nexus: I like to play because there should always be something to do. Even when balanced you can go out and pk. Granted, most Nexuns don't play that way which is annoying. And in all honesty, most Nexuns would rather hands-ass-sit than mix it up for fear of someone coming to kill them later, or grudges, or ruining in-char 'friendships'. Current leadership that just got the boot was bad about that. But so was Turmi (Turdmi). CF has no place for pacifists! I'm glad Rayihn booted current leadership for prioritizing dragon-killing over cabal dogma. Not that I dislike any of the Nexuns, I just fundamentally disagree over the soft approach to pk. PK = fun.

Gougof - have fun buddy. Get that bow now :) I was there when you got changed to a dwarf. I gave you a nice set at 10 that I think you lost half of because it was limited. Glad to see you doing well. I figured I'd delete now (for totally different reasons) than compete for Rhyme spot and me get it only to delete 3 weeks from now. Glad you play with a bit of an edge to you too.

Guargoux - meh. We just play too differently. Glad to see you getting after some ragers at times though.

Glandiun - dude, pick your battles! Too soft to be Rhyme, I don't know how you even got it in the first place other than maybe because you play at night when the other Nexuns are on? I'm a day time player, rare to see anyone other than Gougof.

Ummos/Mattha/others - best of luck.

Empire

Ilune - you know I dig it. Keep your pants on :P

Daphrdan - I like a thief willing to play the angles. Can't believe you survived the other night. Was fun reclaiming the Codex, only to then be at you guys 15 minutes later trying to get the Fetish back for Outlander.

Jarlduz - wish you'd give me a serious fight other than that one.

Ulamette - us working somewhat together always went poorly for you. Maybe things in general just go poorly for you? Necros are hard to play.

Ghulrat - definitely a fun and good player. Wish we had 50 more of you in CF.

Outlander

Foedett - wish we could have talked more but was in a mess of pks. Traps, ugh. 10 hour immolation, super ugh.

Carriil - nice kill, was a great series, I knew it'd take me pressing too much to get you to fight, thought I could sneak that kill in but that was a heck of a call lightning. Don't be such a turd knobber though. But you're another example of someone unwilling to roll the dice.

W-elf druids - only combo that a hunter, much less a ranger, simply cannot overwhelm. Bad matchup for me, but hey, give it a go.

Battle

Erighan - well rp'd and super dangerous but dang, another dude unwilling to risk a little skin in the game.

Hrast - 4 and 2 over two different characters. I'm winning.

Elandael - fun to fight, dangerous, but you're the only person that's maybe a bit too zealous for action :) I almost raged when I had you dead to rites and Kordahzor fuggled it up. Glad no one was on CB at the time to hear my tirade.

Fort

Cionadh - was a sweet kill getting you in the dead vale. You're strong, that + over-prepping makes you very nasty. Nice revenge kill, dumb of me to not prep and eat over -400 hp in one strike of faith.

Others

Diri - cool dude, always active. Glad to see you doing your thing well.

Anilsanatne - two super lucky fights for you. Your blindness was a pain to cure with potions. Rooting for a lich though.

Kwoalewei - keep rocking. Glad we got that device with my other char, fun to see things moving and changing in the game.

Orcs - once you guys realized I was meat without a bow, the tide changed. I like orcs and tend to root for you all.

Peace out. May be back around Christmas, may not. But I want to fast from CF for a while, focus on work, do some things at home, etc.
121572, Yeah, best druid killers are warriors who know how to get natural weapons.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So w-elf warrior should pwn w-elf druid all day e'ry day.
121579, RE: Goodbyes.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're completely right about me, as the character, being a little
"soft" when it comes to many fights but a lot of that stems from
hundreds of hours of not being able to land any kills on land, at
all. Not to mention, it isn't overly easy to do now. So, I adopted
and evolved my life this way and took more after Turmi. For what
it's worth, I liked your take on killing and the balance. It is one
I've done a few times in the past myself, although I've never done a
hunter.

I would have liked to see you stay around a little longer but I can
fully understand RL commitments. So, I'll just say, take care of
yourself until CF sees you again.
121565, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Jurloah the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah! I was hoping you'd come back after that first interaction.

I actually did do a lot of watching you and liked how you were never scared to get out there and mix it up with folks.
121568, thanks. didn't seem like we'd mesh.
i'm a big whiysdan fan, btw. but jurloah had zero happy-go-lucky/comedic/story-telling aspects to him. he was a hunter and serious about it. he wanted to be courageous and always out doing something. so i just felt better off not wasting your time forcing my square peg into your round hole...uh...nevermind.
121541, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Jurloah the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was a huge fan of this character. My favorite part was that you made hunter look like a viable expertise to play, which was awesome. Great job all around and I hope you come back with something else that is just as good.
121547, thanks big'n, very kind.
I'll post some goodbyes tomorrow. And some logs, I think I have all my pks logged.

Big kudos and thank you to the imms (especially one in particular, argh, rage!).