Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Domingo Cortez the Mad Master of Puppets, Stagemaster of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121456
121456, (DELETED) [HERALD] Domingo Cortez the Mad Master of Puppets, Stagemaster of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jul 29 05:56:16 2014

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Domingo perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:30
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:45
121458, Ack!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't have any clue why people have this idea in their head that Heralds are excluded from PKing. I've been waiting for a savvy Herald PKer for a long time.

Really, the only thing Heralds can't do is raid.

Anyway, I was looking forward to some of the drama that was wrapped up in Domingo. Bummer you deleted, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers!

=w=
121459, A tough Herald PKer?
Posted by vargal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Won't be a Herald for long.

If you manage to win fights, the retaliation is going to fall immediately on your non-tough, non-PK oriented cabalmates.

Not that uninduction is necessarily a bad thing, but if you're going to PK as a Herald it should probably be part of a deliberate transition to being uncaballed, joining a new cabal or both.
121461, Not necessarily...
Posted by Moligant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I came up with a role awhile back for a herald AP. The purpose of Herald is to preserve knowledge. It could easily be extrapolated that taking souls is a means to preserve knowledge with the weapon acting as the medium of preservation (like a library) and souls acting as 'books'.

121462, RE: A tough Herald PKer?
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a Herald, you would NOT be uninducted for PKing.

Again, Heralds tend to stay away from PK, but that doesn't mean that they must. It has just been that they have in the past, but those are player decisions, not cabal decisions. Just because you are PK savvy doesn't mean that you can't also be RP savvy, too.
121463, I'll make a herald PKer, just not a binder please.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Non-thug thieves don't mesh well with the way I try to PK (i.e. charging at people and trying to overpower them).

But it wasn't even that, it was just a bunch of stupid mobdeaths, horrible lag and power failures that somehow manifested in July. Plus it was impossibly hard to get skills up... I wanted to just take a break until August but of course I got tangled elsewhere and ended up having no time to play at all.

I will return when I can.
121457, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Posted by Diri Dauntless on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who is going to TIE ME UP NOW?!?!

I've been waiting for you to GAG me for WEEKS. :)

You are SOOO boring. But GLWYN.