Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rynir Kalrend the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121128
121128, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rynir Kalrend the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 28 14:29:23 2014

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Rynir perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:88
121130, What happened?
Posted by Cionadh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This surprised me as you just hit hero. Mind sharing your thoughts?
121139, RE: What happened?
Posted by Rynir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fort people are awesome, as they generally have been. I really hated to delete for the sheer amount of help I had gotten from people like Cionadh and Amatrysti.

The overly short answer is that I don't get giant tactics. I keep pushing myself to play them every once in a while, hoping to figure out what I am missing. For each giant I have played, it felt like 15-25 I was awesome, 25-35 I was okay, and 35 on I was just lackluster.

I was fairly happy with mace, though I didn't hit nearly as much as I would have hoped to and started to wish I had gone axe at the end. Spear defended better than I expected and impale was more reliable than I thought it would be. Cry is as powerful as it always is. Calming is where the issue began. Before I reached 48 to take it, I was getting destroyed by transmuters. I might as well have walked away from the screen because I would spend 8 rounds + just frozen (I guess this is from the 17 intelligence?). I started trying to gear for saves and svp and took calming, and the exact same thing happened. Granted, I am not claiming to have been geared greatly. I think I should have just geared for damage in the end and tried to run them off before dying myself, but that really meant I just wasted a legacy for little effect.

In general, I am not sure why everyone hates on goodies and gear. I'd much rather play a neutral or evil every day of the week. At least then I could kill anything that held gear I wanted without having to have all the moral dilemma's. If it wasn't in, I could kill it then check if it came back. If an "ally" had it, depending on the character I would wait for them to fall or potentially kill them for it.

Overall, I just ended up as a character who could be very useful to an ally but by himself was more or less a chump. He could have developed into more, but I didn't see the power ceiling raising much. I didn't have the numbers to roll around with an ally non-stop and everyone I was matched against had me outclassed so I deleted.
121142, Thanks for replying
Posted by Cionadh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad to hear it was game mechanics, sorry you didnt find giant fun enough to stick it out. I enjoyed our times together. GLWYN.

121180, RE: What happened?
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed to do well and was looking forward to hunting by your side while we could. I loved leading you to your foes , stepping aside, and watching you work.