Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Balok al'iblith the Watcher of the Storms
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121058
121058, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Balok al'iblith the Watcher of the Storms
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 20 07:07:24 2014

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Balok perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:95
121059, Just never felt the role
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun, the build was absolutely solid for surviving as long as I didn't make dumb mistakes. Most of my interactions with folks were pretty awesome. I just couldn't get into it. I tried, oh how I tried. I was actually surprised at how well I fought outside the wilds, but not having built in DAM redux just make life soooo fricken hard. I missed my Sanc from my typical pally builds. It was really hard trying to engineer kills becuase for a long time I was pretty sure that I couldn't fight outside the wilds and survive. I landed at least one good kill in the Lands against Drem, but he gave i right back with a zillion trap explosion at the vanquisher.

Lots of folks out there I interacted with, but I don't feel like I really developed any deep relationships, all in all I feel the character was pretty shallow, and hence the Delete.

See you with my next.
121061, congrats on non-fort, for real. nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
121074, RE: Just never felt the role
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't get the vibe you hadn't developed the character, just maybe that it hadn't fully come to fruition yet.

Regardless, was nice talking when we did, brief though our chats were. A friendly voice from the trees some of those days was very nice.

Best of luck with the next.

K
121087, No relationships???
Posted by Wendo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm hurt... :(
121089, RE: No relationships???
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the few notable exceptions to that. It was fun having you around for sure. I think I will try the build again some day, but probably somewhere that I can buy preps. Outtie is fun for mots of the time, but it was tough having to learn where the easiest prep gathering spots were. I learned a few, but the randomness of an AI made it tough to rely on, not that I ever got it up that high. I might come back to the tree eventually with something, just not sure what.
121096, Try an evil?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's important to see the cf experience from the other side once in a while. Otherwise you develop a bias in most cases.

I remember hating imperials and scions until I tried them. Completely changed my view of how different factions behave, whilst recognising that players may shift and change how factions behave over time, and the impact on the game.