Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Hughli Rose the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121035
121035, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Hughli Rose the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 18 11:41:11 2014

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Hughli perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:455
121046, Thought for sure i was dead in Balator
Posted by Cionadh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was honestly shocked you held back after Tralgdar died. You certainly had the justification to attack me for helping the elf trib . Good on you to change it up after Nkgeh as far as paladins go. However I still never knew when I saw you coming and tried not to provoke further. Daevryns comments to gear make it clear that was in my best interest. Curious to see your role as to the comment about knowing who you were.

GLWYN
121043, Very well done. I loved rocking with you.
Posted by Sivane Crenslaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My game knowledge is decent and yours is even higher.

Well done and GLWYN.
121039, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Hughli Rose the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Note that this comment is not a knock on Hughli but more a rebuttal to the "OMG W-E OP" brigade:

Despite having Chameleon at a time that Outlander was generally in power and didn't really lack for the Fetish, which allows for a lot of latitude to pick your fights, Hughli racked up as many PK deaths as kills, until a phase later in life in which she managed to assemble what was unquestionably the best set of gear held by any character of her era and then picked up steam.

Being the kind of person who is proactive and relentless about assembling allies to get the highest end gear (and has the knowledge to do it) absolutely is a CF skill and is something Hughli's player clearly does extremely well, so as I said, this is not a shot at Hughli -- but there aren't many melee builds which don't look very good an enormous damroll and a dozen pieces of unique gear including strange bracers and stoneform.
121040, A niche skill
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you play in the hours when others don't, and for an underdog cabal.

Not much you can do to get gear if you don't have bard, healer, paladin or Invoker among your allies and are unlikely to assemble a group of more than 3 even if you take all comers. It's one of the things that exacerbates pendulum swings.
121041, Not hating on highlights though
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given that my last char was also a sword spec, albeit Arial.
121038, Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by Rockeano on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's right Poison. Way to rock it.

This was a very fun character.

Inducted early by the Huntress. Way cool.
Able to get to the hero ranks fast. Way cool.
Had clear enemies coming up. Way cool.
About deleted and my Thunder Buddy talked me out of it. Way cool.
Granted edges and tatt'd. Way cool.
Assembled the zoot suit. Way cool.
Killed the White, Black, Green, Red. Learned the Red lair and how to get there. Way way cool.
Had fun, almost had a heartattack when I first lost the suit. Way cool.

This character had it's highs and lows. Coming up I was taking a beating and I couldn't find any good weapons. Almost deleted. But Ooglarr and Vree kept it real. The druid from the Nexus talked me out of dropping the Character. I have to say Hughli wasn't what some would call a successful PK ratio'd character. But for me and my playstyle. I was overly pleased with my success. And would say Hughli was way way more deadly than Nkgeh. Thanks to everyone.

Mendos. You rock man. Keep up the good work.

Imp. You rock too. Thanks for the good stuff. Our conversation in the swamp felt so much like you wanted me to ask for con. But I didn't want to. I was screaming inside though, "Please give me con!". I'll take the tat and be happy any day.

Outlander imms. Keep up the good work guys. The currently active Outlander Quest that is running is awesome. This is what will keep me coming back. New area's not so much as the interaction. That's what I like.

*** Heads up everyone! Quests are happening. Imms are giving it their efforts to keep CF great. Come check out what they have to offer. ***

Goodbyes.

Outlander.

Foedett. Always a painful pleasure.
Llaryin. Cool.
Yara. Missed you. Almost rolled a wood elf ranger for an assassmbusher!
Ereke. I can't say how much I enjoyed our interactions. Thanks for following me.
Azzael. Evil.
Donatian. Awesome forms. I felt the shift when Vree left too.
Sunwarden. Ewww...
Sivane. I honestly believe you were having as much fun as me sometimes. Not together, but in your own way. That was refreshing. Keep rocking man. I loved this cycle too. Damn you BLUE!

Empire.

Qintaris. I admired your commitment to come to the Tree despite any odds. Well played.
Niji. Glad you ate it twice. You must do something good with that tongue of yours. Note to self. Drop codex and quaff!
Ashmon. You were so active when you were coming up I really was looking forward to fighting you. Then after the first encounter you seemed to back off dramatically.
Ooglarr. You and I were on a path to destruction. I knew you were mean. But I thought I could be mean too. I was sad when you left.
Rahzeez. Been admiring your character since it was invented back in 92'. Just kidding. Was fun to beat you down. You play it well.
Drem. You scared me. And are the true threat to Imperial forces becoming untouchable. I'll be watching to see what happens.
Maligor. Fun. Fought for generations. One of the reason I took mace over flail this time.
Nizrili. You my friend. Are a bad ass. Only Imperial I thought twice about fighting alone at the council.

Tribunal.

Vree. I have said it before on many death threads. I admired Vree. The lets fight mentality on a thief, and the balls to back it up. I been playing thieves serially since I started CF. Few I have interacted with made it look as smooth as you. Can't say enough. Well played. You should have said goodbye on the Graveyard thread for Vree. I know I'm not the only one to share this admiration for your contribution to CF.
Rylium. I said it IC.
Ruakao. Tough. But not as tough as Hughli. Enjoyed our talks.
Dwarves of the Spire. Sorry.
Dert. Good luck man. Good luck. For every good character I have, I see the name of ten bad ones of mine on logs and in PBF wins lists.

Herald.
You all know who you are. Chef. Chef. Chef. Chef. Mak!

Fortress. Tried to make friends with you folks. Didn't take a stance to hunt Paladins.
Amatrysti. Loved it. Our interactions were just common place for the solid RP I was gonna get out of every talk from you. You hold out if you can.
Resdrenn. Thanks for that one parting block.

Thanks everyone.

ps. Mellinoe rules!

pss. Scarabs all rocked. Enjoyed talking to both the Eye and the Voice. Good talks.
121042, Another chance gone.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My Lord did I begin to think you were the luckiest wood-elf that existed until I met Erighan. You were certainly crafty but no where near the threat as him but both of you have some genuine talent. In most of our fights you managed to find some unique ways and great feats of timing when it came to surviving and I don't think I ever got you.

Overall, Good job, I don't think anyone with a really successful PK character ever makes it without having some people saying they're OP. I wish you the best with what comes next.
121044, RE: Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by Strienat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed watching Hughli. You would tear it up and you weren't afraid of getting into fights at any point in time. I wish that you had had more time, but that's the way it works.

I wanted to say, thank you for being involved yesterday. It made my day to get that started and am glad that you seemed to enjoy it. I hope that you come back soon although I am a little disappointed I did not get a shout out like the others did. You even mentioned Mendos by name!

Good luck with your next, I hope it's in Outlander, but if it's not, I know you'll be back.
121045, Well done
Posted by Charade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't mind fighting you as Qint since I could usually get away. You were gutsy and would follow me right to Hamsah to keep going, which was pretty awesome. But when you had another, any other, you were deadly. And I mean that as a compliment. You know how to play, and you know how to synergize with any other character. Well done.
121047, Well done!
Posted by Voszoad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another awesome wood-elf and solid character.
From what I could tell on my end you came into
your own as you always seem to do. Great Job!

Crooooooaaaak!
121048, RE: Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew it was you from the moment we first interacted. Your crazy lengthy/consistent log ins gave it away. Not a knock. Players like you keep this game so very fun. Such an incredibly skilled player.

We have been friends/ frenemies for three characters now. Would you hurry up and roll a clear cut ally soon before I croak?!
121049, RE: Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by Llaryin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man you were awesome, and it's not a surprise looking at your past characters (who I also had great interactions with). I had no idea you were so low on con! This will be a big loss for Outlander, you were such a powerhouse, especially toward the end where you were rocking that incredible suit--and even without it, your CF knowledge was really impressive. I felt that whenever you logged in we were pretty much unstoppable together**. Thanks a bunch for showing me around some, and for the gear donations. Llaryin really looked up to you. GLWYN!

**Sorry for that bit near the end after the imperial raid (and sorry to the imperials), I literally had to go catch a flight...one of the few fights that didn't go our way.
121057, Aww...
Posted by Mellinoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hughli rules! Going to definitely miss you.
121062, RE: Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Been an absentee dad lately with a lot of rl stuff. But, I saw that you had earned the tattoo and I was glad that the other stuff helped make you what you wanted the character to be. And yes, I was hoping that you would ask for some con so that we could have "negotiated" a deal for more fun. It's part of the whole deceptive/chaos/wisdom dogma (gambler). If I am vis and you are interesting, I will speak with you. Of course, if you aren't interesting, you may not want to speak with me...
121085, Take it as a compliment.
Posted by Ashmon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I looked forward to fighting Hughli as well. And then you beat me soundly. Again, and again and again. I had a few things left to try on you, but they required that we didn't get interrupted too much, which didn't really happen.
So yes, a lot of the time I would avoid you.

Then I had to go traveling for a few weeks and the chance is gone. Too bad.

You were a real powerhouse. Well done.

We didn't really interact besides fighting, mostly because your comment about
going fishing really made me go mad ;-)

121091, RE: Every Rose Has It's Thorn!
Posted by XbaineX on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man you are truly one of the people I loved and hated fighting. I was just happy when i could land a Bone shatter on you i just have to say Damn. You were the only outlander I could stand and could somewhat reason with. Good Job and hope to meet you again but next time on the same side.

121037, This will..
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
probably be quite a controversial thread because of your build but I took a shine to your character early on. Based on your number of deaths it was pretty clear that you were on track for a con death. I had a brief period where I was bogged down in real life stuff and I thought you were probably done for, so I was pleased that you managed to hold out for as long as you did.

Toward the end of your character I am told you managed to hit your stride and started to really get tough so congratulations on that, and kudos for making it to con death.

I also enjoyed our interactions. I think Outlander will miss you.

Good luck with your next,
Mendos.
121036, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Hughli Rose the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Yegrut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So was I right, rebirth of another wood-elf warrior I knew and loved? :)

Either way, this is a blow for the Outlanders because having a damned scary tank like you around always bolsters the cabal.

Didnt get to hang out alot because im not awake as much as I used to be but the interactions were 'as always' (nudge nudge wink wink) enjoyable.