Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maligor Torwin the Passionate Beacon of Dark Order, Imperial High Priest
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121018
121018, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maligor Torwin the Passionate Beacon of Dark Order, Imperial High Priest
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 16 19:25:20 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Maligor perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:300
121019, Goodbye Note
Posted by Maligor Torwin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this was my followup character to Gilut. Other notable characters were Polmier, Bevrolmex, Marcalius, Ezrail, and Deevak.

This was my first shaman since I rage deleted a dwarf shaman empowered by Thror and Rio proceeded to trip me a zillion times until I died. It was seriously like 30 trips.

Shamans are really fun. Since I consider this, my first real shaman I do not think I did to bad. I do have an attention/distract problem that reveals itself from time to time. That usually results in my death. Fire shamans have real survivability, but have some mana issues. If I was better and more experienced with Shamans, I think I would have done better in pk. My paths were breaker and pain. I was originally hoping for breaker and anger. I found that I really liked pain, but did not like breaker that much.

As for people in game, I will keep this brief but will response to all posts.

Arvam: Thanks a bunch for the empowerment. I know you have had better followers, but I just hope I was decent. I enjoyed our interactions though they were brief. I think at the times they occurred, brief was what we both needed.

Destuvius: Thanks for taking over empire. While empire is not my personal favorite, you are doing a great job with it. Sorry about that oath incident that one time. I was rushed and let stupidity get the better of me.

Thanks to whichever or you or whoever of you gave me the cool title.

Quintaris: Thanks for all your help. The coups were all about seeking emperor for me. Which was a failure. The other issue was as emperor it did not seem you were around enough and you certain never sought council.

Niji: Well done. Despite what some think of you, I think you are one of the best played character around. Certainly deserved emperor over me as you put more into it. Sorry to leave you, but the passion for the shaman was gone.

Amarysti (spelling not right): Awesome character. Always impressed. That one trap Vree and I and the tribunal tranny set for you and hughli at the centurions was one of this characters highlights.

Thanks to all foes and friends alike.

I will still be around in a different form. In fact, I active currently with another.

121020, Seemed like a good char.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only saw you a bit as the various chars I've had lately - most often with Althamael. We didn't see a lot of each other, but when we did we were pretty strong together.

Hope you're enjoying the one you moved on to. You're a good presence for CF.
121021, RE: Seemed like a good char.
Posted by I appreciate the kind words on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appreciate the kind words.

I wish Althamael and Maligor had more time together. We caused pain when we did get together.
121023, I will echo twist
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw, this was a great character.

I could tell you were feeling out the class when I watched you fight, but overall you did a good job and did not embarrass the office of High Priest. :-P

Good luck with your... current?
121025, RE: I will echo twist
Posted by polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Certainly did not understand shamans that well, but the revamp is awesome.

I am currently playing someone that everyone knows.

121060, Pain path question
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish I kept logs.

I thought I noticed as Daltheis that Embrace Pain would sometimes would clear enemy lag toward me. Like, if I was bashed by a RBW who did an ***DEVA*** deathblow, my lag would clear and I could flee/enter a command immediately.

I could be totally mistaken, of course; I'm no coder.

Did you notice the same?
121064, RE: Pain path question
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fromwhat logs I've seen, embrace pain looks like it's pretty heavily "inspired" (copied?) off of masochism from shig-rus. Since masochism does that, I wouldn't be shocked if embrace pain does it when you get a "jolted" echo.
121068, RE: Pain path question
I used reject pain 90% of the time.

I should have use embrace pain more. I did not notice this, but I did try my best to not be easily lagged.

It would make some sense.
121024, classy enemy
Posted by Llaryin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always enjoyed our interactions, even though it was a tough matchup for you. Thought you were a well-played competent imperial who wasn't afraid to mix it up at times, but (generally) avoided being suicidal against the tough odds that Outtie has been throwing around lately.

I did always think you went too quickly to direct damage, and it's hard to seal kills that way as a shaman. Some more regular use of plague/poison could have gone a long way, especially since outlanders can't word+heal disease that easily, and you can catch people without a stash of preps.
121026, RE: classy enemy
I enjoyed our fights. I was lazy in most encounters with you as I really needed a high resist mental and for the most part I never got it.

You were a tough fight with zero resist mental.

Your character I enjoyed a lot.
121027, Definate improvement
Posted by Yegrut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First few years of fighting you:

'Oh tis just Maligor, no worries'

Last few years:

'Concentrate on Maligor, he is a threat'

Always good to note progress :)

121028, RE: Definate improvement
There is a certain tact to playing a shaman. I might figure it out if I played a few more.

We did not fight to much, but I enjoyed our fights when we did even though I always lost.
121029, RE: Goodbye Note
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aargh! That trap was spectacular! So well executed I actually grinned ear to ear (bit of a masochist, s'pose)

My annoying machinations got you a few times but they were mere tidbits compared to that trap.

Classy character and it is too bad you did not win through to Emperor. Hope we are able to roll as allies one day.

121030, RE: Goodbye Note
I hope so as well. Hell we probably have. I have been playing since fall of 1994 with a few years off.

Sometimes I tried to seek you out as your roleplay was always top notch.

You did get me some and with anyone else you are real issue.