Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Eudessa Frostborn the Spectre, Advisor to the Chancellor
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120936
120936, (DELETED) [SCION] Eudessa Frostborn the Spectre, Advisor to the Chancellor
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 4 14:51:41 2014

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Eudessa perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:262
120954, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Eudessa Frostborn the Spectre, Advisor to the Chancellor
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After running around with you as Ishuntal I really wanted to try necro. In fact, it's high on my character "to do" list. I had quite a bit of fun helping you search for your graveyard pets.

I saw you took over the Advisor spot. Well done on that. A shame you deleted. I was wondering if you made any headway on the wight quest. Sorry the wand system was just unbearable to you. It's really too bad.
120955, Thanks for the complements.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, I did make quite the headway on Wight. I pretty much know exactly what to do, now, but there are reasons why I didn't actually 'become'.

Ishutal was awesome, and I appreciate all the help you gave.
120953, Not about Eudessa:
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact, and this is not about your IC actions.

But I cannot fathom how someone who has played as much as you, and even a successful mage like Onya, can have so much trouble with these hints.

I've seen some of them. They're really not that hard if you have any area knowledge, and I KNOW you do. You've had gear I've never seen.

I simply cannot fathom how you feel so #### on here. Yes, you lost an easy sleek black. That SUCKS, and I feel for you there. But chances are you'd get that location again sometime, and some of the other easier blacks at some point too.

I of all people should not come down on someone for deleting a successful char, but my point here is that you have area knowledge. Try the wand system again - maybe as a goodie conjurer. Keep a list of what hints go where. Its...not that bad.

Just my $.02
120947, Sad thing about this
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that Necro is so good at getting wands that you would have been able to figure out where they all were with this char, use that knowledge with every future char, and thus never have a hunt again.

Sounds like an easy location is something you can't live without, and I'm not sure we should be catering for that.

I know your pain about the odds you face as a lone scion having been the lone scion on many occasions. Easy barrier is not the solution though. Instead we need something to encourage people to raid before it gets so one sided.
120948, Re: raiding
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

People only raid when they overwhelm or when the cabal is undefended these days.

A lot of people stay in power because they do not die as frequently due to changes in dex/evade/edge enhancing them.

People just need to die more. It needs to be common again. You know, putting a little carrion back in the fields.

Anti-gank, evasion abilities, edges, and this 'solo battle' mentality has destroyed this multi-player game.
120938, It is what it is...
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is frustrating…

I had big plans for Eudessa. Not like it really matters to anyone else, but it mattered to me. Eudessa was just a lost soul, like all the rest of us. She was born to a time of great chaos and evil. She was born within the very core of that evil and had a great love for the darkness that berthed her. The darkness that gave berth to her was defeated a long time ago, and she and some of her other associates slept beneath the ground for thousands of years. When she awoke, the world was much different and much lighter, and this very much disturbed Eudessa. It tortured her to not be able to feel the deep darkness that was all she had ever known. Thus, she did the only thing she could… Strive to bring it back…

I’ve been trying since I was about 10 years old to do a successful necro. I’ve had more than I can count, but none of the others made it past lvl 40. And they were terrible to boot… Eudessa was coming along quite nicely, which is why this is so frustrating. I just don’t have the desire to do it. I just don’t have the ####ing strength to continue like this. I feel like a fighter who took soo many punches from his opponent, and was still on his feet, then takes a cheapshot from the ref and get knocked down. But this time, I can’t get up. Damn man… This sucks…

I just don’t have the patience to do it all over again. The constant wand search is too much to bear. It’s a hell unlike any I could imagine. It wouldn’t be so bad if I hadn’t already gone through it. But I feel like I paid my dues. I went on my wand search, and was successful. So to be thrown into a constant wand search just feels wrong. Like I’ve been violated. I just don’t have the patience or the time to put in 3-6 hour log ins each time. Which is what I would need to do to keep this character going with the recent changes.
At the risk of using too many analogies: It’s like I was struggling to ride my bike up a steep steep hill, and just as I’m nearing the peek and about to coast downhill, some asshole throws grease all in my path, and I slide all the way back down. That’s the frustration I feel right now. Right now, with the current mud situation, Eudessa is just a punching-bag and she deserves better.

Goddamnit, I had such big plans on rebuilding Scion and kicking ass and such. As I sit here writing this, I’m having second thoughts because I know I *could* still get it done, but the time-investment is just too much for me to bear. I have so many things going on in RL I just don’t have the time to be thrown into the wand search marathon. I just don’t have it.

To the Imm who was trying to help me as the NPC. Many thanks. I don’t know if you care or not, but I care. And your help was much appreciated. And furthermore, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to complete the objectives we were working on. I just don’t have it in me… Even if you are the Imm who made the wand change. I still want to say “Thank you” for your words of assistance.

Thank you to all characters I interacted with as Eudessa. I can’t really think of anyone who was a real prick. The vast majority of my interactions were positive. I’m so disappointed right now, and busy with RL I’m gonna take a break for some time. I honestly don’t know how long it will take to get the sour taste out of my mouth, but I like to think I’ll be back… I gots logs I’ll be posting on Dio’s soon. Toodles!

P.S. Sorry to the applicants I left floating for a while. I had plans on inducting a certain drow shapeshifter, but alas it wasn’t to be. Hang in there, you’ll make it.

Eudessa Frostborn, Aiyade, Danntruso Bonegnaw, Onya Stargaze, blah, blah, blah, etc.

-K-B
120941, I undertand your frustration because I am living it as well....
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but I am thinking the new wand system won't seem so bad once two and learn all the spots.

I've had the rug pulled out from me a few times when I played wand dependent characters before, but this was by far the easiest fall.
120942, So...
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I deleted a Scion recently-ish, because it's a tough life and I was having issues, despite taking aura attunement, finding my amber and black.

Biting the bullet, I rolled up another wand user and I have to say that I have one wand, and know exactly where the next one is.

I have never had this level of success with wands at such a low level (not that I've played a ton of mages.)

I completely understand your frustration, but from where I'm sitting this new system seems to be an improvement over the old one.

Just one player's POV.