Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Mavado the Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120926
120926, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Mavado the Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jun 3 01:04:51 2014

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Mavado perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:159
120927, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Mavado the Shadow
Posted by Purmodin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. I just assumed you had the drive to take the guild. You were certainly pushy/cocky enough about it...
120929, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Mavado the Shadow
Posted by Mavado on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was basically a placeholder character for me to keep my other character alive. Had no interest in the timesink involved with getting enough gold to be the guildmaster, been there done that more than a few times anyways.

Wanted to test out some arcane stuff and was a bit disappointed with that one thing that lets you hide your aura. I figured it would be auto and it only lasts a few hours which imho makes it alot less valuable in practice than it sounds on paper.

Mellinone - I apologize for my true intentions, I wanted to kill you so bad but I just didnt have the heart!

I rolled Mavado up with one sketchy goal in mind. Use that aura hiding skill to play at being 'good' while in actuality evil. I wanted to be a scarab but the complexity of my angle was too much for for a placeholder.

In a nutshell if I were evil enough to do what I envisioned, and if everything had worked out exactly as I had envisioned, one day I would have garrotted you and you would have woken up in a no-recall cell with myself and Quarissa who I would have invited to show exactly what embracing darkness is all about.

Unfortuanetly one thing after another kept interfering with this vision. First my discovery that the aura-thing isnt auto (after solo-ranking for the most part up until that point so nobody would know my alignment!) Then being told that hiding my nature isn't a good way to get into scarab (should have figured this on my own) and also the fact you can't hide the fact you are a scarbite.

Plus the foundational idea - evil pretending not to be for the sake of committing an even greater evil - was shot down from early on.

Some decent interactions but overall, I just didnt have my heart into it.

120943, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Mavado the Shadow
Posted by Mellinoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for not having the heart to kill me. For an evil, that is very sweet. You will definitely be missed. :)