Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120887
120887, (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 1 07:23:32 2014

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Dehcu perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:118
120899, RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From QHCF: "This was before the interactions with 'An immortal' started. It didn't start off accusing me, but said that it looked fishy. I told the immortal that was dumb, as I can see the who screen from both characters, and it wasn't like I was a duergar/assassin with another character, and could see all the hidden people. I was an invoker, and a transmuter. I could see the exact same thing from both windows. The immortal told me to maybe log in my other character after 15 or so minutes. I told them that was fine, but there were sometimes where I'd only wait a few minutes, and log in. I don't know why, but whatever I was doing, it was done, and I just forgot. If I wanted to be a hard ass, I'd say there's no rule being broken for me logging on another character. That's what the immortal said as well, but with my history, I'm always getting ####ed with by someone."

The last sentence made me laugh the most. Thanks for that. Truth be told, I (An immortal) brought you up to the ROTD and tried to talk to you about a perceived issue that could have become a rules violation if it persisted. In fact, you had Dehcu, Lasaat and a lowbie imperial kicking around that you would switch back and forth between. Maybe you weren't scouting for your other characters, but maybe you were. I took _no action_ (read: no "punishment") other than to take you aside and try to explain how your actions might look.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt more than once, but I see now that I was wasting my breath on a guy who plays the martyr.
120889, RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a pretty effective counterproof to the idea that we relentlessly stalk your (or anyone's IP) that the people who gave you talks about staying in character after dying and the talks about not logging this character off and logging your Fort character on when you don't like your PK range weren't aware just how many times you've gotten those talks in the past.

You complain about people who get things you don't, but don't want to consider that it might be because they're not logging on a different character when the going gets tough while simultaneously complaining about the same behavior.

GLWYN.
120890, Your pimp hand is still strong.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad to see you guys notice this stuff sometimes.
120891, RE: Your pimp hand is still strong.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's crappy when people do it, but it's crappier when people like to put on airs like it's something that other people do when they're currently one of the biggest offenders.
120937, Any chance you guys noticed Baelen/Caldysias? NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
120940, Not sure what this has to do with Dehcu's goodbye.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But as for me, I did not.
120945, But you guys issue a perma warning on me that was pretty bogus?
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

That hindered my characters btw
120946, Wrong thread, wrong head
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. This is the BF thread for Dehcu, not Baelen, and not the currently active char Caldysias.

2. When we speak to player(s) about rule breaking and/or warnings, it is generally meant to be between the immstaff and the player(s). Most of the times the playerbase hears about it is when the player(s) have issues with how they were treated, in one shape or form, and make it public.

3. We do notice things, and when appropriate, take action, such as we've done in the past with you. Sometimes, incredibly enough, the player(s) simply say "All right, understood." and go on their merry way. Sometimes the behavior changes, and everything is fine. Sometimes not, and further measures need to be taken.

4. Just because you don't hear about something like that, doesn't mean it only happens to you.

5. No further discussion on this topic on this thread, nor about any currently active characters.
120949, I'm still waiting for you to make a real religion and participate with the playerbase. nt
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
120950, He is quite active.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not his fault nobody makes a decent attempt to follow him. He tatted someone not that long ago, someone who well deserved it. He plays mortals often, and those mortals tend to be very good at showing other people the game. I can't begin to catalog all the useful stuff I've learned from Twist's mortals from either direct interaction or even logs. He also does a lot of OOC for the game. Did you see what he did for the christmas season last year since there was no santa zulg?

I understand what you're saying though. There's a lot of times I see other IMMs on and my head sags in sorrow as I try to remember the last time I saw Twist in game, being all Twisty and shaking stuff up. Though that really does make it a special treat when he *does* show up.
120934, Ditto
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This kind of behaviour is exploiting ooc means to gain ic advantage.

Pick which char you are going to play for a session, and then stick with it.
120892, What are you even talking about?
Posted by Babalubagini on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, you really ought to use punctuation. That first sentence of yours belongs in a marathon.

>It's a pretty effective counterproof to the idea that we
>relentlessly stalk your (or anyone's IP) that the people who
>gave you talks about staying in character after dying and the
>talks about not logging this character off and logging your
>Fort character on when you don't like your PK range weren't
>aware just how many times you've gotten those talks in the
>past.
>
>You complain about people who get things you don't, but don't
>want to consider that it might be because they're not logging
>on a different character when the going gets tough while
>simultaneously complaining about the same behavior.
>
>GLWYN.

Uh huh. How is that a pretty effective counter proof? It doesn't seem like an effective anything to me.
120932, Looks like he's implying
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that if he was checking funnyone's IP on this character, he wouldn't have just got a slap on the wrist for borderline rule breaking.

In any case, its just Daev's opinion on the character. Cheer up broseph.