Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Yarazuthra the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120863
120863, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Yarazuthra the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 29 14:57:03 2014

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Yarazuthra perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:308
120881, Goodbyes and build.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yara was made as a casual character, one that I could play and go wander off while camouflaged while my wife called me for some honeydo list or I had to go pick up a kid from practice or grade a paper in another window. I deleted her so that I could focus entirely on grading papers during finals week. I did enjoy her, once I accepted her limitations.

Yara open to going Battle, Nexus, Outlander or uncaballed. Nexus was out when Yara was in her teens and an orc with a gnome shapeshifter tried to reveal Yara and bash her down. Thus began Yara's insatiable appetite for killing shapeshifters (and orcs, although she had few opportunities). Nexus has more shapeshifters per capita than any other cabal, and I thought attacking fellow Outlanders would make for a more interesting dynamic than being another "a mage burned my village" ranger, so off to Outlander Yara went. Donatien and Yaire were not amused, but after Yara had seen them defend the huntress a few times, she quit attacking them on sight, although she still would not group with them.

Hunters are somewhat better now, but their money skills (aimed shot and timed attack) still miss far more than they should if they are to be powerhouses against any build that can dodge. I did not get any kills until my damroll was up over 60 (at the end, I was routinely at 76 dam with a spear, 60 with a bow), and of course with that kind of damroll and a 33 dam spear or a 26 dam lightbased bow, waylay was a little bit scary. I killed more cabal leaders with this character than with any previous character.

Foedett - Seeing you as an ally I grew a better appreciation for your character. Thank you for indulging my animosity toward shapeshifters.

Hughli - We have seen several hero wood-elf powerhouses now, and you certainly have joined their ranks. I think that your existence may soon require that all well-equipped wood elves should be fully-looted every 15 days, for you are too strong. God how I loved running around with you.

Ereke, Llaryin, Azzael, and Yegrut - Diversity such as this is what makes Outlander have tremendous potential. You were all competent allies, and your companionship was truly appreciated.

Vree & Jarlduz - you bore the brunt of my waylay madness. Thank you for making my logins fun, and I hope Yara was able to up your adrenalin a little any time you ventured into the wilderness.

Guargoux - Shark is a wonderful form. I don't care what the helpfile says about rangers vs shapeshifters, but I dared not fight you without prepping up with aura, stoneskin, and haste or jumping on you with a good ambush. Nice character.
120902, RE: Goodbyes and build.
Posted by Llaryin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always meant to try to dig into your shapeshifter hatred, oh well. Going to miss you in the tree, you were deadly and fun. And with your set, you made hunter look pretty scary. Learned a lot from you, GLWYN!
120864, So long, fare well.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a few good fights back and forth. You seems to do the outlander thing pretty well. I was sure surprised in a couple of our encounters. How did you enjoy the build?