Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Donatien the Grand Elder of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120823
120823, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Donatien the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 26 23:40:39 2014

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Donatien perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:183
120850, Thanks for playing
Posted by Ashmon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seem to have the same attitude (somewhat reckless, but not suicidal, always up for a fight) with all of your chars, so it was fun to be against you for once!

Our first encounter I got lucky (perhaps you were just requipping or something) and killed you with plague and energy drain and I thought to myself, guy seems kinda new, I will leave him alone. Ho ho.
Then you started kicking my ass all over the place with that commune dodging, hard hitting cheetah. I changed hometown just because of you, not that it mattered.

I think we had some good fights. We certainly had a lot of them.

Take care. I look forward to see what you come up with next.
120852, RE: Thanks for playing
Posted by Donatien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't feel to bad about going outlander after you gave me permission to on my last death thread :).

I was pretty unprepared for the first fight, and don't think I was inducted yet so couldn't just run into the tree to ditch disease even though I was right outside, plus I was still kinda use to not having to carry cure disease preps.

Cheetah was huge for RNG either way, either something would hit it right off which left it crippled, or it would evade a few things and we would get into flee pounce pretty quickly. If I wasn't so lazy I would have started gathering curse scrolls, but I am.

Keep on trucking!
120838, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Donatien the Grand Elder of Changelings
For some reason I had been reading about mosasaurs quite a bit which gave me the itch to play another water shifter. Also, around that time, I was involved in a disaster response exercise which was pretty busy for my section for the first few days, but had us relegated to being a response cell for the rest of the time. So I had time that I couldn’t focus enough to really play, but could spend pseudo afk ranking. Also, I didn’t want to push getting into outlander very quickly because I had another character I wanted to play out first, but couldn’t play during the exercise. This worked against me later on after going afk in civilized areas many time and water not counting toward wilderness time, but I eventually got over that.

So with a combination of this not being a very well thought out character and the disintegration of Trib, I lost interest in Donatien. I always had someone to fight and was racking up a decent kill total, but never felt that comfortable being in the dominant cabal when it was already in that position when I joined it. I was looking forward to Fajl and Ssheran forming a decent trib core along with Vree, but they all deleted along with Vuhjal (I don’t blame them). So it is probably time for me to start banging my head against the wall as an Imperial, Scion, or Orc again.

Lyristeon - Thanks for the edge love. That is by far my favorite cabal edge I have ever received.

Vree, Niji, Ashmon, and Jarlduz were my favorite enemies. I like the way you guys were always mixing it up even though typically outgunned.

Jero – It seems like we kinda grew up together. Thanks for giving me someone to fight when team order wasn’t around.

Anyone else – Post and I’ll respond.
120841, You will be missed...
Posted by Azzael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had some great times. Sorry about the missive about the Orcs, I had a flame on my ass and had to respond somehow. RP and all that stuff.
120844, No worries...
Thanks for all the help and the patience with my wilderness time.

My only annoyance with the missive was that the huntress had addressed it with me shortly after it happened, but it was taken to you to address again, but I do get keeping cabal leaders involved and establishing expectations for all to know publicly. I didn't get any penalty for it it though, and actually got a little IMM xp out of it.

From my discussion with the huntress, my conclusion was I had reaver/orc relationships about right before orcs were declared "Natural". Before dwarf/orc "changes" if there was a paladin and an orc around, I was going after the paladin first, then the orc if we killed the paladin, and I let orcs know that so they could plan accordingly.
120846, Ahhhh, good to know...
Posted by Azzael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did not realize you had the IMMteraction, I am glad you got some XP out of it.

The whole Orc thing was confusing because I never saw anything in writing that differed from the bark in the Tree, yet everyone was talking about it as tho it was said to be so by the Ancients, so I too rolled with the whole Orc tool concept.

Ohhh well, we sure managed to exploit that confusion into being remedied.

As for the water wilderness issue, I sure hope that gets fixed or if it is as the IMMs choose, others learn from your annoyance. WATER does NOT cout as wilderness for all those wondering!
120831, man, cheetah is a nasty form. nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
120840, Yeah it is....
It coupled really well with ignite and pyromaniac. With elivens and cabal powers at times it felt like I was dodging like a lemur and hitting like a jaguar.
120824, Sad to see another of the waves depart.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a good enemy, almost always up for a scrap. It was fun joining in on several battles. You spiced things up on more than one occasion, I'll admit. Well done, and come on back soon.
120839, RE: Sad to see another of the waves depart.
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having a shark around definetly made things interesting for another water shifter that wasn't a shark. I actually ended up liking barracuda a lot on the way up, it's just was to slow. Being able to dish out five DISMEMBER's at level 28 was pretty nice though.