Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Landrov the Grand Elder of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120525
120525, (AUTO) [None] Landrov the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Apr 27 15:08:51 2014

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Landrov perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:123
120577, I was pitiful
Posted by rathamon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first shifter, and I haven't played in about 6 years. New areas, preps, etc whooped me. I had zero PK wins, and probably 25 losses. Plenty of those were when I was out of form. I used to play back in the day when 65+ was the normal player load at any time, and I thought that going uncaballed would be easier to avoid cabal fights and deaths. With the lower pbase now, that wasn't the case. People have nothing else to do, and I didn't have many IC friends, so pretty much everybody attacked me. Oh well. Back to not playing for a few more years until the itch strikes again!
120578, RE: I was pitiful
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Welcome back. I will agree that some folk seem much more centered on PK than they used to be but CF has always had that crowd. It's too bad though that you departed right at your top tier forms... That is where most shifters really begin to catch their stride. I'd like to suggest, maybe a tribunal, herald or acolyte to really get back in the swing of things, from such a long departure, before doing too much in the way of PK. There are lots of people out there that have enormous game knowledge for you to feed on, if you decide to give it another go. Good luck with whatever you decide.
120579, RE: I was pitiful
Posted by rathamon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had orangutan and pachyderm. I think I had solid forms, but nothing that was going to wow anybody other than a gnome. Of course, I've got no experience with shifters, so maybe I was doing it wrong. Also, shifters are boring as hell. You have one tactic: murder XXX;bite;!;!;! There isn't great strategy in it. I've got a long history of playing invokers, but I didn't want to subject myself to the spamming. Invokers can be fragile, but you've got tactics to use. And you're not effectively mute most of your life. I did like that I could solo plenty of stuff as a shifter, whereas an invoker without a pile of wands can't.

I'm a decent PK player...or was. It's just been too long. I've had a leader character back in the day. I can't see myself ever playing a Herald. That sounds terrible. Same with playing a cop/Trib. If I pick up the game again, it'll be in the fall. We'll see what I do then.