Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120456
120456, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 23 16:26:57 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Ooglarr perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:198
120488, OH NO! We suck again!
Posted by Jalrandar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you ever play villagers? Might be entertaining to see someone get 400 pks and con die in 150 hours, well except for the 400 ppl who got pk'd.
120483, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Qintaris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I very much liked this character. An excellent fighter and a top notch War Master. You really brought a lot to Empire and I'm sorry to see you go. Sorry if you thought there were too many restraints put on you but I'm not sure what you were hoping for from a civilized orderly leader of Empire. Treaties happen. Just so happens you could have killed all the nexus you wished. But that's neither here nor there. You had an excellent character and sorry if you didn't think your input was given its due notice. I promise it was though I can understand how it could seem that way and there was a reason for the way I acted. I won't go into it here. Really nicely done. GLWYN.
120471, Longevity
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit, Ooglarr! You were supposed to be my arch nemesis for many log ins to come. Though I never agreed on the statue built in the loser's honor, I did in fact win our "duel of longevity" though I did not expect this so soon :)

I am sad I could not land a killing blow on you those chances that I had. Ah, those battles were quite fun. They were absolutely nerve rendering. That last counter raid. Whoa. You brought me down to 10 hp. Closest I have ever been to death without dying. Our burgeoning tactic talk was welcomed and refreshing.

Much respect to you and sorry to hear of your bad thoughts on Fort. Until recently, I have not matched times with many hero range allies but it seems you have developed a bad taste. Come on over to Fort and help grow it as you would like to see. I have bested you in longevity and, I assure you, I will be around to enjoy whatever you bring next!
120472, Ah you already have. I was Avalusci. nt
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdfs
120473, I knew it
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a suspicion after I compared you to him in our last conversation. Then I spotted your user name and bonked myself. As you can tell, you do leave a mark. Well bloody done.
120466, We had some good ones
Posted by Kwoalewei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Going to miss fighting you.

You got me good the first time in Imperial Lands, definitely ballsy-- I kind of panicked running into the Centaurians, with broken throat and no recall potion. Had so nearly killed you and you got me. Good times.

But I got my revenge later. Muhahaha!
120459, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Oogy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was down to 6 con and had never truly been happy with the Whirlwind legacy. I sucked it up for a while because I knew Empire really needed the boost but I really, really disliked my legacy choices. Ooglarr could have been 10x tougher if I wouldn't have tried to recreate Urgraj and had instead created Ooglarr. Ooglarr was the exact same build as Urgraj, just arial instead of felar, and in Empire instead of Nexus. I regret either not tailoring Ooglarr's legacies to Ooglarr, or choosing felar as Ooglarr's race, because the dual wielded claws, the pimp felar only gear, and the extra HP are really the difference makers in those builds.

I liked basically everyone I interacted with. Ooglarr was never intended to be an Imperial, he was intended to be an uncaballed evil mercenary who was all in it for the gold. I was going to try to start an IC merc group who could be hired out, or at least be a merc who could be hired out. Like Nexus, but going to whoever paid the best. Ultimately though that failed pretty early on. I had both Outtie and Empire gunning for me really hard in the late 20s/early 30s with notes from both cabals basically saying they'd reward whoever killed me. So I talked to Qintaris and got a pretty sweet gig. Qintaris paid me a pretty nice sum of gold to get my donations started and then I started rolling. On to the goodbyes:

Niji- I really liked you 95% of the time. But ####ing A if your shadowy, meddley, schemey RP didn't get bothersome sometimes. I just wanted to PK and whip ass in the name of the Empire damnit!

Qintaris- I really, really wanted to like you. I can tell you're an excellently roleplayed character. But I did not like how many constraints you put on me. It seemed like every time you logged in it was another character or cabal that Ooglarr couldn't #### with. Don't touch nexus, don't touch heralds, don't touch this trib. I'm just glad I managed to kill Corlx for that sexy 50,000 gold payout before you forbid me from killing Heralds (I cheated it a little bit because Mak is a ####ing tool.) It was equally annoying that you have a COUNCIL (an advisory, deliberative, or legislative body of people formally constituted and meeting regularly.) who you absolutely do not let advise you. I very ICly, very respectfully raised two issues with you, both of them were immediately shot down with "Its my command." That's a legitimate strategy to play Emperor I guess, but when you're already hardly around it would have been nice for you to receive input from people who had their finger on the pulse of the cabal a bit better.

LOVED Jarlduz and Nizrili. Loved you all so hard. Can't even put into words how much love I have for you two. Badass blades through and through. Both of you are just standout and amazing.

Loved Lysufany and Maligor as well, just wish I saw Lysufany some more. It was great running with you all.

Mak- Grow up man. Spamming someone because they dusted you is annoying. Your whole character concept is IMO super annoying. I'm glad you got busted by the Imms that one time mid-spam of me. You're one of those Heralds that makes me really hate the cabal and there was a time when I really liked Herald (I've had a number of Heralds).

Herald - I really disliked you all. I hate the camp in the Inn, camp in the broken lyceum rooms where we won't get kicked out mentality. Killing you all was super satisfying. Play the game, don't hide in a broken room inside the Lyceum spamming EQ.

I'm not even going to mention Fort because the absolutely absurdly synched up logins just disgusts me. It's absolutely disgusting. Glad I stripped Caldysias of his super suit, glad I punked Baelen multiple times. Either one of you solo was just a speedbump, but you all have a pretty good, if predictable, tandem plan set up. Keara/Andira's synched up morning login makeout sessions were equally disconcerting. I'm super bummed the one time I got the drop on Keara I didn't seal the deal.

Loved/Hated Amatrysti. You're a great healer and it's really frustrating how high you bring up Fort's game.

I had mixed feelings about Nexus. Grilbo was ####ing awesome, Guargoux and Alanrias were pretty cool. Turmi, you're one of those gear-hordey super conservative warriors I dislike. It's a legitimate way to play CF, but I'm glad I nailed you. I didn't strip you, regardless of what you told your cabal. I did take a ####-ton of your gear, but I also left you with all of my gear (which wasn't ####ty, it just wasn't a warrior super suit.)

Battle- Someone needs to bring you all out of the doldrums. I don't think any of the current hero ragers can or will, but someone has to.

Oloice- I really liked you, you were excellent to run with. Sorry you got assassinated last night.

Yarazuthra- You landed two sweet kills on me in the wilds with some sexy snare + timing action. Good job and I hope you get a bit more aggressive because you're fun to play against.

I've never been good at good byes, and if I forgot you just reply and so will I.
120460, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Maligor Torwin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure do know how to pk and taught me some stuff.

I am glad we got to roleplay some last night as you usually just wanted to fight fight fight and you did it.

The enemies of the empire will be happy to see this.

Well done.

GLWYN
120461, You just gave empire a hard kick in the junk.
Posted by Yarazuthra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From an outsider's point of view, you were everything the warmaster should be. After our first encounter in the imperial lands I knew that assassambush was the only way I had a chance against you, and you were both powerful enough and enough of a gambler to give me a chance. Thanks for the bit of fun.

Superb gear and ability to regear, effective in pk, gracious in defeat and victory. I thought I had you pegged as Twist. Whatever clan you join next will appreciate your presence.
120469, RE: You just gave empire a hard kick in the junk.
Well, thank you. That's high praise.

I'm still kicking myself we had an organized retreat plan to deal with your snare but once Oloice got assassinated, I just forgot all about it. I knew the second the snare hit I was deadzoes.

Good character you've got going.
120462, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Play the
>game, don't hide in a broken room inside the Lyceum spamming
>EQ.

We have a bug board for these things, you know. :P This is the first I've heard of it.
120463, Love and Hate.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had a way about you, pretty rough, very forward, and always seemed to be looking for a fight unless it was on the water. I'm glad that I managed to take you down a couple times because it certainly was a pain trying to defend or retrieve from you. Bleeds really hurt shifters, not to mention, any malady kills the ability to "swimto" before the person has the chance to run off. But still, I thought you did a pretty murderous character that wasn't afraid to mix it up and sometimes that is just what a cabal needs. Good luck on the next one. I'd like to suggest trying something you haven't done in a while, or never, usually helps to clear my way out of any funk from a char.
120464, Well played.
Posted by Jashua on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I said it on qhcf but when you have a player that can build off of momentum and go go go, things change really quickly. Glad to see it happen, kudos on rocking it out like you did.

I liked that you pushed it, played hard, and played to where it was fun.

Forsaken/Dal
120465, Two thumbs up
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun to watch you whoopin ass here there and everywhere. See ya next time.
120467, Bad ass
Posted by Pliclic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun shaking up things in the lands with ya, but you and that duergar together were boss. Not to mention at least one shaman at any given time. Good rolercoaster char.
120470, Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed Destuvius this time around. I appreciate the compliments. nt
fsdf
120476, phew
Posted by Worogha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man you were just such a menace. What made you scary is the ability to not only kick but solo, but to then rally the troops and fight in an effective manner. Staff vs shaman is rough it's even worse then the staff chews you up and the player knows how to space attacks and moves accordingly. You brought a lot to the empire and I can say that I for one am glad you are gone.
120509, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Ooglarr Bloodbeak the Insatiable War Machine of Conquest, Imperial War Master
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I probably watched this character more than any other character in the last 6 months or so. You had that balls-to-the-wall mentality that was respectable and just a ton of fun to witness. Well done.

Also, I really appreciate that fact that you posted logs of your exploits. Those are always fun to read and are generally a boon to the game. Thank you for that.

=w=