Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Hexugar the Venomous Viper of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120347
120347, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Hexugar the Venomous Viper of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 21 02:05:24 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Hexugar perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:402
120403, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Hexugar the Venomous Viper of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Lordamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, I don't consider myself as a very good PK'er, but I think I don't do bad either - nothing like that against you, though. No matter what I tried or did, it *always* ended up with my fleeing time and time and time (and time) again. In the end, I just gave up, really - I only faced you during raids.
In my opinion, you did a very good job. And seriously, dispelling critical hits is the schnitz, certainly against invokers - please take it from someone that was on the 'accepting' side. Good job, very well done (even though we didn't speak all that much, I still had good RP vibes from you), and see you around mister.
120396, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Hexugar the Venomous Viper of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Qintaris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a total beast to fight. Without the head you still took me to over half health gone, with it was usually pretty one sided in your favor. Good character and a great character for the Village. Enjoyed you slot
120370, Goodbyes - Short
Posted by Hexugar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll keep this short!

Thought I would try an untested build and make a successful scout. I have had extremely successful defenders and berserkers in the past. I had a mildly to pretty good successful scout, but I wanted to really push it.

I think I accomplished them both and felt that the build itself was and is a very viable build. The concept of it and what I had from cradle to grave is something anyone can build "out of the box". I did not have any extra legacies or anything.

Getting dispelling critical was a great addition, thank you for that. It was not grand in any way except if people used level 10 flying potions. Then it got dangerous. This was my role contest win prize.

Beyond that, thank you everyone for the fights. I got very busy in the last 3 weeks and with the complaining on other boards about "leaders not showing up" and then my terrible streak of dying 5 or 6 times in foolish ways and then losing everything to a crash. It was the final straw. I was hoping to ride this one out to con death/age death, but I'm not sure I'm in it for another 400 hours. I had 15 constitution and with leader time, it would have been forever.

Immortals: Thanks again for the fun time. I greatly appreciated the custom long description. The first I have ever gotten. Thank you also for the great interactions.

I intentionally didn't go for a tattoo or a religion (although my character was based around the Great Wild Beast concept of Scarab, just not aiming for it since aiming for joining a Temple kind of defeated the purpose of the Scarabs in my eyes). But I still got a lot of interactions.

Battle: Was great, hope I wasn't too much of a prick (I don't think I was at all). Wanted to lead by example, thought I did that.

Crraya: Good luck. Always had a dislike of women (part of my role) and you personified it. You fought well and we had an okay working relationship.

Ishuntal: I suspected immediately mainly due to the fact your dream was very vague and kind of unsubstantiated. I also knew Halifan was doing something and that it sounded like something he needed. Old Biddy did a very small hint that I ran with. From there I knew I just needed to prove it. I did load you with incorrect information at every turn to try to expose you. I told Crraya to test you about your spellbane since I did some questy stuff of my own doing to gather that information since it was hard to find you. I would have been the one to boot you but we just were not on at the same times.

Rest: Good luck. Nothing like an orc siding with the empire who sides with the nexus who is also raiding with the scions who then places the head at the orc village no matter who it was. Nothing like orcs following the same boring pattern as they always have. Ogrot was an AWESOME breath of fresh air.

Post and I'll respond.

120380, RE: Goodbyes - Short
Posted by Tolgrumm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll pretty much repeat what I said in my Iebela goodbye. I remember discussing what you were going to take as your second spec, and I thought polearm was going to be rough for you. Then you started plowing through people.

I thought you perfectly pulled of the arrogant RP without making it seem whiny or OOC, and in fact being incredibly helpful to a warrior noob.

Great character.
120381, Part of my role...
Was treating female characters poorly. You had a strategic purpose so I could not outright treat you terribly, but I had to let my "venom" drip through in our interactions.

You got better and better each time I saw you. Especially when it came to equipment. That is key to a successful warrior is your equipment choice. Usually that +1 hit and damage is not worth say that 3 dex or 2 strength you can get in the same slot.

Great job and thanks for being a good defender!
120382, That crash!
Posted by Vasatbegir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is what I feared. I was thinking that you are not noob enough to think we have full looted you. So possibly you have other things in mind. And yes you did.
Vasatbegir's most important goal was to kill hex. Well I didn't have enough courage to face you at all. Now what should I do?
120384, RE: Goodbyes - Short
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>
>Immortals: Thanks again for the fun time. I greatly
>appreciated the custom long description. The first I have ever
>gotten. Thank you also for the great interactions.
>
>I intentionally didn't go for a tattoo or a religion (although
>my character was based around the Great Wild Beast concept of
>Scarab, just not aiming for it since aiming for joining a
>Temple kind of defeated the purpose of the Scarabs in my
>eyes). But I still got a lot of interactions.

Thank you for participating (and winning) Serra's tournament in my shrine. You already had a cool title, so I thought a long desc and some CON was a good prize. I always enjoyed watching your fights.

Good luck with your next!
120385, I have to admit...
Commemorating statues of two of my characters was quite a treat :). Thanks to Serra for including me and for you for putting it on!
120391, Wow, I had no idea.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just another testament to your quality play.
120389, Yeah really well done
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nicely done. Now that its all over it looks like it was a good thing overall that you sniffed me out right away. Well done with that.

There were some times I was chuckling to myself whenever you'd feed me misinfo. The reason is because I was the one making it all up. So whenever I heard something different about what say Halifan was looking for I had to laugh because I knew it wasn't true.. I just didn't know how big of a role the Imms were playing in this. I never knew if they were adapting my story for a quest, it was just plain misinfo or if there was just a giant game of telephone happening.

In early discussions with Arvam we decided I needed to learn more about the history of the head but I couldn't just go ask Ysal or Thror myself because they'd see right through me. I needed a way to get other villagers to ask them for me. I know you talked to Ysal at one point, which you told me, but you didn't tell me everything except about the skull sword. That was a good piece of misinfo but it didn't answer the questions I thought I needed so I let you keep the sword when you offered it to me. I did tell Halifan about that who tried to kill you for it but you were just too bad ass of a Mage killer😉. Eventually though I disregarded that.

All in all it was fun. I hope you at least enjoyed something that was a change up from the typical villager life. You were a tough character too. I had no idea you had dispelling critical edge the first time we fought. I was thinking damn this guys a monster especially for mages. It would have been interesting had you been the one to give me the boot but my daytime playing dropped off a bunch at the end there and you weren't around in the evenings. I was glad it eventually happened. I wanted to get outted at some point.
120390, Tough git
Posted by Worogha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In the beginning, it wasn't much of a fight with low drow HP. But my gosh once you got into hero range it changed so so quickly. You were a nasty nasty foe and it was extremely hard to pin you down even with my paths. With the Empire gaining strength I was hoping the Village would be a good counter-balance but that will be a tough road for them with the loss of you and Frijer.

GLWYN
120395, Was this Gagxoy's player? nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
120404, revert;c word
Posted by Marlannan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really no other option for dealing with you with the forms I had. I appreciate that you eventually decided to leave me alone.

I wasn't going to post anything since our interactions mostly consisted of you kicking the crap out of me, but I have to ask...

That one time you found me burrowed in the plains after we fought... how?

I was laughing behind the keyboard though. You handled it perfectly and it was pretty hilarious.
120405, Jalim!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I deleted Bejhac you said you wished you had gotten a chance to roll with me some more when I got older. I assumed this was you...
120436, You were extremely skilled...
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A standout character from the start. Arrogant. Evil. Nasty. And just plain deadly.

I was hoping you'd stick around longer, but I guess it's not to be. Once you stopped logging in I figured I might see this.

Anyways, glad to have had you.

The village has a huge void now.
120517, Tough arsed Git
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After some gentle nudging on your arse with ma spiky boot to got to be a decent drillmaster.
It's tough at times when someone other than a zerker is drillmaster, for them to understand that they are held to the highest standards with parity ect.
Over all a deathful build once you slotted in pincer staff was fun to watch.
120518, RE: Goodbyes - Short
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
although my character was based around the Great Wild Beast concept of Scarab, just not aiming for it since aiming for joining a Temple kind of defeated the purpose of the Scarabs in my eyes

For GWB followers, I would agree, which is why their path is one of tattoo but not induction/Temple.
120368, loved to hate you
Posted by Evelinn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN
120351, Very Unexpected.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I almost presume that something else got in the way. RL, likely. I had you pegged as a first class player when I first spoke to you as Klibendon. I was surprised and intrigued by your build which I thought was both interesting and had the potential to be very powerful. Much to my delight and surprise, it exceeded even my own vision because the player behind it was very competent and experienced in the PK world. I had hoped that I'd get to fight by your side some but that didn't seem to be the case, so I had to settle for being your enemy. I'll decline to say which but I will say that even to your enemies you showed a fair amount of respect, even if it was tempered with that air of dark-elf superiority that you seemed to thrive on. In any case, very well done and GLWYN.
120349, Damn hard loss
Posted by Thorgan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lost one of the good ones, not a good time to be a villager right now. Only met you that one day, was sucky when you lost your armor to the 4 or so crashes in a row that night raiding. I figured that might be the nail in the coffin for you :(

Thanks for the quick induct and for rocking out as a fearless villager, Battle is down to being nonexistent now, you being gone is definitely a kick in the nuts. Very solid drillmaster, played your role well from what I could tell.