Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Frijer Heron the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120211
120211, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Frijer Heron the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 14 16:48:35 2014

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Frijer perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:168
120287, Glad you had fun!
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Condead in 168 hours... you must have done a ####ton of fighting!
120291, RE: Glad you had fun!
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really struggled for a long stretch, like lvl 30-hero I was just getting steamrolled. Fights that were winnable 1v1 quickly turned into 2v1, on top of the fights where I was getting pasted 1v1. I think I hit hero with around 10 con, after dumping all my trains into it.
120212, Fun while it lasted!
So Frijer ended up being my second hero (outlander shaman Chaile was my first). I wanted to get a warrior to a 2nd spec (and legacies), so that was a success. It was a pretty RP-light character, so I apologize to anyone who was hoping for more. Really enjoyed all my interactions with allies and enemies, except for one "neutral" Trib who is either RPing an ass or just is an ass (probably the latter).

Played this character balls to the wall and never backed down from a fight (thus the rapid con death), even if it ended up with me leaving a pile of corpses at the orc village. Ogrot was classy every time though, hah (and you even found ways to give me some tips on how to fight you, like the fact that orcs don't learn staffs).

I wanted to PK through the ranks, and started out pretty well. Then I managed to get inducted into battle and I felt like I went a *long* time just getting my ass kicked through the mid ranks. I don't think I really got it back together until my second legacy/hero. I was never really deadly, but I'd like to think I was at least dangerous at hero. I didn't get looted too hard, which made it easy to just keep coming--and I didn't loot too hard in return.

Anyway, thanks for the good time.
120213, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were certainly an interesting character. I took you a bit too lightly the very first time we fought and never did again. I'm glad that I was able to turn things around and put some fear into you in the end. Sadly, it seemed to work a little too much and it made it nearly impossible for me to get a decent fight but that's the way things go sometimes. Considering everything, I thought you were a fairly standup fellow and you had a pretty solid presence. Overall, I'd say you had a strong and well played character and I wish you luck on your next.
120229, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Sorry you thought I didn't want to fight you, I just knew I had to be careful. I couldn't go charging off into the water to fight an ABS shark, I'd seen how that ended up. So it was either trying to fight you on land, or at least only going in when you weren't 100% ready, like in Azreth.
120214, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Posted by Ishuntal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice work!

It's been so long, but, did I give you a recommendation? I know you weren't in the hero range when I was outted.

You did a good job keeping your head up and I could tell you were getting better as time went on as you got a lot tougher. I know you felt like I piled on your a few times so I tried to leave you be when you fought others and try to get you one on one. Since you were always looking to throw down, it worked out.

It sounds like you enjoyed it, so keep learning and good luck with what you decide to try next.
120228, RE: Fun while it lasted!
It turned out my first two recommendations were from scions! One from you and then the second from Sindy, after a long back and forth at the giant, in front of Hexugar, which I eventually won. I thought about trying to take it and RP with it (Frijer was born to mages, and now this scion connection...) but never really did.

Man you were tough, I got my butt kicked every time we fought one on one, so it was a little frustrating when you'd jump in with a friend (especially before I took Riddle)...but those are the breaks. You were a classy enemy, I just had no answer for you--not that it stopped me from trying.
120241, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Posted by Ishuntal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had I known I might have tried to "turn you to the dark side"!

I can't remember who specifically but I made a few feeble attempts at a few villagers and didn't get very far. With this char as the exception, people roll battle because they want to play battle and all that goes with it.
120217, Ugh, that's some fast one.
Posted by Einrai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were beating that nexus druid up, not vice versa! Then I trip you so he can get away, and then I see you're almost dead. Goodness.
120226, RE: Ugh, that's some fast one.
Haha, I think I mentioned it, but that was one of my worst fights as a hero. I lagged myself on the treant and ate a handful of sunrays, and then still decided I could win the fight--even with you on the way.
120219, Good to know you had fun.
Posted by Vasatbegir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For long I just had a komodo, as I couldn't change my Dire Wolf to something new. This is why I never fought back much. After getting my new form (Lion) I still had no wands for long. So again I tried to avoid you, or stay in dragon and play safe.
You already knew a dragon/lion fight method, so it was very hard to get you. But, at last you did make the mistake which ended with your last death. (Most of the job was done by Oogie)
I liked fighting you a lot, though as I said, I was not able to fight back fully till very recently.
GLWYN
120225, RE: Good to know you had fun.
I don't have much experience with shifters, but dire wolf seems like a good anti-rager form, with trip? Wolf or lion, both need barrier to avoid dying to a couple of deathblows. With you as the dragon, I felt like neither one of us would die unless we really screwed up.

The last fight, I thought I would be able to kill (or drive off) Ooglarr fast enough, but that wasn't the case. Probably should have dropped the spear and pummeled, given our previous fights.
120222, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Posted by Risdrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun character to watch, and even a had a mort in there that interacted with you (as an ally). Class act character. Keep them coming.

120230, Good Job.
Posted by Zeke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you in-game a good bit, that may have not necessarily "shown" as we were enemies, but I liked you.

That having been said, I hope you make another attempt at a rager. Felar spear/hand is a fun way to go. You should next try a rager berserker with more reliable ways to lag mages.

120292, RE: Good Job.
Thanks! I liked Zeke too. I went spear/hand since I wanted to be able to stay alive long enough to learn how to play a warrior, it was really nice having top notch melee defenses. I'll come back to battle eventually, but not with my next, I think.
120245, RE: Fun while it lasted!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely pulled off the balls-to-the-walls-ness of this character. Well done. It was a blast to watch.

=w=