Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Iebela of Grig'Agali the Fervent Knife-Dancer, Executioner of Magi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120183
120183, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Iebela of Grig'Agali the Fervent Knife-Dancer, Executioner of Magi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 11 12:05:16 2014

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Iebela perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:344
120184, Disappointing, but fun.
Posted by Tolgrumm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wrote a role to take me towards being an Arvam follower, but it took me so long to get used to this kind of PK-style that any talk of greatness seemed really delusional. :P So instead of engaging him half-heartedly, I just tried to focus on getting better at PKing.

There were a vast number of hours where there would be no enemies on in range, so I got to do a lot of solo exploring. This wasn't the best combo for that, but I sure felt a lot less like an glass cannon than Tolgrumm did -- more like a glass pistol with some nice dodging. :D

Whiysdan - thanks for the RC rewards and the title. I apologize for kind of wasting an RC win, but at least I stuck it out.

Hexugar - thanks for all of the advice. Props for playing an arrogant character without making it feel like OOC bleedthough -- that can be tough to pull off.

Serra - we clicked pretty well on the fairly rare occasion we fought together. Awesome job.

Ishuntal and Nizrili - you guys demolished me every time. Dang dexy-builds were the ones I had the most trouble with.

Ogrot - sorry about that time on the Mount, but we got to be pretty good pals. Hope you find Oloice on sometime. :D

Surprisingly little to say about my other enemies -- I just wish there were more who were willing to fight, even when I was raiding solo, instead of waiting for a lowbie to come retrieve. But there may have been circumstances I wasn't aware of.

I'll be back soon.
120186, Didn't happen often but..
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed most of our skirmishes. You were one of the few that I fought and never killed but we did have some very close calls. Having a competent defender around makes the opposition much much tougher so, well done over all. GLWYN
120191, RE: Didn't happen often but..
Thanks! Yeah, "skirmishes" was definitely the right term... you trying to get me to stay on water long enough and me trying to get you to stay on land long enough. I wish we could have clashed until one of us won at least once, but them's the breaks. GLWYC.
120187, RE: Disappointing, but fun.
Posted by Ishuntal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our times didn't match up too often. Well done, nonetheless. Yeah, I did seem to match up well against you but you were always a good sport about it and I never saw you shy away from a fight. I also enjoyed the times we were on the same side of the lines. Glad to see you got some recognition for sticking the character out til con death.
120192, RE: Disappointing, but fun.
I remember dark-elf assassins seeming particularly squishy when I played Tolgrumm, so when you turned betrayer I figured I'd do pretty well against you. Nope. Those two times your confusion darts got us Villagers fighting each other at the Chasm were just embarrassing.

Keep up the great work.
120189, RE: Disappointing, but fun.
Posted by Ogrot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's all roleplay :) That incident on the mountain was almost the thing that pushed me into mass murder of battleragers like previous orcs, but instead offering me 'tribute' was one thing that led to my current lack of conflict with battleragers (that and most of my mage allies deleting).

We spent a lot of time as the only heroes logged on together and certainly the only ones spoiling for a fight - though I imagine they wouldn't have often gone your way very often if you'd have been fighting me without powers in the orc village.

Having said that, the two duels we fought were great, that one I posted on dio's was everything I could want in a PK - drawn out, tense dramatic and incredibly close. There was really no reason for Ogrot to give you hell raiding or hunting you down, since he got the combat he wanted without needing to.
120193, RE: Disappointing, but fun.
Yeah, I wish I had won that second fight. That spinebreaker really broke my heart.

I'm sure I would have been dead meat at Tremblefist without resist, so I had a good incentive to "pay tribute" in my not-quite-groveling way. :D
120190, We had some good fights
Posted by Kwoalewei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I appreciated your aggressive style, especially toward the end. Spellbane being the bane of my existence, I rarely could do much to you when you maintained the head and the Veil was in fair shape. You were well built to be a very successful defender against most magi.

The log you posted on the ocean was a good lesson for me about the dangers of accelerate. And that wasn't the only time you stood strong against several other magi. Well done.
120194, RE: We had some good fights
I don't think I appreciated how much spellbane was working for me until you smoked me on that one retrieval. :P

I did get really aggressive towards the end; I've only deleted one hero before and didn't want Iebela to drag on for too long, so I took a lot of fights. Trying to get you and Unathelese inside the Temple was probably one of my dumber moves, but it sure was fun while it lasted. It also made me wonder if the "leader" Scarabs get better revenants, because I could usually kill Thombury's and Unathalese's pretty quickly.

Thanks for the fights!
120209, To condie a villager is a great way to go
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought you were a consistently strong villager for quite a while and although our playtimes didn't seem to mesh much (especially towards the end) I hope you had a good time.

Come back to the village. I'm sure I'll be dead pretty soon and there will be another scramble for the Rites.
120247, RE: Disappointing, but fun.
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad you stuck it out! Thanks for the entertaining role. It was a fun read. Hope you had fun. Remember, that's what it's all about.

=w=