Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Olddarund the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=119798
119798, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Olddarund the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 17 10:02:53 2014

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Olddarund perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:175
119802, Goodbye
Posted by Gorach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It had been some time since I last played an evil, so I did something out of the ordinary (playing a low int race), and I sure had a blast with Olddarund. Playing a low int race made me decide that I would not spend hours and hours on getting everything to 100%, and it turned out to be a rather good choice; everything went up 'fairly' easy until the higher 90s, and that was just fine. Maces are way better on a duergar than on an arial, and I for some reason I seem to think that whips are too. I should definitely have gone for something more offensive, both in terms of weapons and legacies. As all ways, Cry of Thunder remains one of my favorites, but gates was a complete loss - not in the least because I never succeeded in getting a full plate set (be that spiked or something else). It was a very utilitarian build, and as such I was able to steer fights my own way and do some nice stuff that I would have never thought possible (killing Dern with fairly ease, getting gold with the Aboleths, ...) All in all, I really enjoyed the duergar warrior build, surely something I will probably going to explore more!
As for my friends and enemies: you all seemed decent enough. I do hate the very one-sided paladin fights, even with a certain shield and protections.
Empire, rock on, I've met both newer and more experienced players and that's a nice mix to do stuff with. Destuvius, a special mention to you; the player interactions are greatly appreciated and inspiring. I personally think you're doing very good stuff with the Empire and act very well on player frustrations (like the elite related message you sent out a couple of days before; but also throwing around gold for various reasons)- your no nonsense style, I like very much. From what I saw, you're a stern, but correct Immortal - and that's just the way it should be. Blades, nice interactions and great fights - War Master, I didnt' see you much, I just hope our playing times didn't match - if not, clear the space.

Peace out,
Gorach