Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=119793
119793, (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 16 21:09:19 2014

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Draquade perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:101
119814, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Posted by Vulgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If anyone's wondering why I deleted, it's mostly because I was tired of not being able to log in for more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time without dying to my servitors. There is some kind of terrible bug affecting evil conjies right now which was introduced recently, which at least two or three of the current high level conjies have noticed.

All in all, I enjoyed this character. I will say I ate a lot of con from familiar deaths, though, so I can say if I play another conjie it'll probably be deleted and recreated if I get a wimpy familiar like quasit (unless it's raven, then I guess I can just keep it flying.)

I full looted and full sacced a lot of people, and in return I got full looted and full sacced a few times (fair is fair, yo.). If this bothers you, well, keep in mind this dude was a worshipper of Zurcon and wanted to indiscriminately destroy everything because he had voices in his head telling him to burn things, and because it made him happy.

It really threw me for a loop when some imm (I think Baer) switched into one of my devils and gave me a talking-to for fulling some magistrate, saying Zurcon didn't approve because it "showed weakness." Zurcon is a god of destruction, not strength. I can't think of a better god roleplay-wise to follow if you're going to behave the way my guy did. So, that happened, and all it really did was encourage me to stop trying to use the "pray" command as part of my RP.

Thanks to everyone who would actually mix it up with me. Special thanks to Frijer - win or lose, fighting you was a ####ing blast and I tried to roleplay Draquade developing a certain amount of respect for you since you'd pretty much always fight me, and it was always a super close, fun fight.

Ogrot, Kuul, try not to kill each other too many times - you two were basically the only two real allies my guy had so when you two started fighting my guy just sort of threw up his hands and was like "#### it, I'll just watch."

Also, special thanks to Mendos, I had a lot of fun RPing with you, and I thought our back-and-forth was really cool.
119815, That quasit was a downfall for you.
Posted by Kjax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew I could count on you having it out because it was the only way you could keep track of me/hunt me. A thief vs a conjurer is a really bad matchup, had you got me glowing even one time I doubt it would have been a good day for me.

So when it became well known you would just drop full loots on people, I decided I would just deal with your familiar and never really have to deal with you unless you pressed after it died. I picked a thief because I wanted to try to play a class that got to pick and choose his encounters, sometimes my old habits get the best of me though. I could always count on a nightgaunt coming on the second night, after you had time to prepare for a day with servitors so I just prepped up and stepped out on purpose to deal with it. If you had thrown the nightgaunt on say, night three or four, I probably would not have even had resist up. Low int ragers can't really stay ready all the time.

Familiars are dangerous. I wouldn't hunt with one unless I had an imm given upgraded one with the edges, I have played way too many conjies and lost way too many familiars to risk it anymore.
119819, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>All in all, I enjoyed this character. I will say I ate a lot
>of con from familiar deaths, though, so I can say if I play
>another conjie it'll probably be deleted and recreated if I
>get a wimpy familiar like quasit (unless it's raven, then I
>guess I can just keep it flying.)

Flipside of that is that if you're not letting it die, quasit is arguably one of the best / most useful familiars. It all depends on how you use it.

>It really threw me for a loop when some imm (I think Baer)
>switched into one of my devils and gave me a talking-to for
>fulling some magistrate, saying Zurcon didn't approve because
>it "showed weakness." Zurcon is a god of destruction, not
>strength. I can't think of a better god roleplay-wise to
>follow if you're going to behave the way my guy did. So, that
>happened, and all it really did was encourage me to stop
>trying to use the "pray" command as part of my RP.

Not Baer, or me for that matter.

I wasn't there but I gather the message you were supposed to get was less "Zurcon doesn't like you full saccing people" and more "Zurcon isn't that impressed by you killing the weakest person in your range 3 times in an hour, full saccing them each time. Why don't you try to destroy somebody else?"
119820, The conjurer stuff.
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The mercenary I use with my conjurer isn't acting right. Sometimes it just doesn't rescue or initiate the attack I'm telling it to. Never noticed it with any other class I've played with. It can work on say for example a lesser troll and then not work on another lesser troll.

Thought it might help you with what these guys are saying.
119825, That was me
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did the devil thing and Daev nailed it. You would gun for the weakest/lowest level person in your range and gaunt/full loot/full sac them each time and do this repeatedly. The devil was getting bored and wanted some more impressive prey.

It's one of those tricky philosophical things about playing an evil character and being a jerk player. Evil people do jerk things so there's a certain balance to it. IE: I'm not against the full loot/full sac in principle. However if you start repeatedly killing the same lower level dude over and over and full loot/full sac everytime? I'm gonna do something to nudge you away from it. It's treading a bit more into pure "Making life suck" for that player.

That kind of thing drives players away and makes new players less likely to keep playing our game. However if they take *ONE* full loot and full sac? Well, they probably weren't cut out for CF to being with. We're a hard knock place.

Anyway...it's a fine balance thing. If you had been hitting heavy hitter targets or not repeat killing and repeat full loot/full sac, even full sac'ing some dudes total crap gear? I wouldn't have done anything.

For what it's worth you played with it in stride and I was hoping to turn it into something fun for you, but you never did bag that kill on Hexaugr. :)
119827, RE: That was me
Not to pile on too much to my reply to Daevryn, but I really don't remember ever repeatedly fulling anyone back-to-back except that one incident with the shaman. FWIW I'd like to say I wasn't trying to drive anyone from the game, but instead to consistently roleplay a guy who is truly evil, completely without mercy who gets off on senseless destruction. As a player I don't always do this; for instance I recently was messing around on a level 15 necro and went 7-0 before deleting, and as far as I know I didn't loot anything but coins from people. I see your point, though.

Hexugar would have been a fun fight, but to be perfectly honest I wanted to milk being 40 human conjie with nightgaunts for a little while longer before ranking into hero :P. Plus, I was only able to find my sienna wand, and it would suck to be in hero without non-devil barrier.
119826, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Yeah, to be fair quasit is great, I'm simply not a skilled enough player to make proper use of it yet. I probably should have just utrsed it for mana regen during summoning and "fam who pk"ing rather than try to drag it around with me everywhere, I guess.

What you're referring to was a one-off situation with a shaman who, as far as I know, is the only person I killed more than once in any single login. For what it's worth the sequence of events was:

1) I gaunted him and killed him. Full loot/full sac. He proceeded to send me about a million borderline OOC tells about how I shouldn't have full sacced him.

2) I was walking through Galadon 20 minutes later and saw him. I was roleplaying my guy such that, if he saw a killable guy who wasn't already his ally (or sometimes even if he was), he would kill him. So I attacked. It's not really my fault he didn't immediately "co word" - he's a shaman, so I honestly expected him not to bother to engage after 1).

3) A few in-game nights later, I had a gaunt out, ready to gaunt someone else in my pk range, and then everybody hid as soon as night fell. As a player I sort of panicked, not wanting to waste the gaunt/night, and picked the only remaining dude in my "who pk" which happened to be that guy again.

Should I have full sacced him each time? Yeah, maybe not, but I really didn't want to break RP. FWIW I am like 90% sure I didn't full sac him at least one of those times.

I'd also like to point out that the devil interaction happened right after I killed some other completely random magistrate guy (who I had never killed before, afaik), not the shaman guy from the 3x multikill, so that's why I was confused. I was actually super proud of that magistrate kill, to be honest, because of the way it went down; he was a hider class, I flashed him out on Eastern, did a bunch of damage, he teleported, I teleported so I could get somewhere more secluded, and immediately sent a gaunt to bring him back to me and killed him. It felt like a cool engagement, which is why I prayed about sending his soul to Zurcon, and that's why I got confused when it felt like I was being chastised for it.
119832, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Posted by shaman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You killed me saced me once, I rolled with it, after I had entirely regeared with crap ####, here you come again off a death kill me and take all my #### for you to wear. I go regear again, same crap gear resting in Hamsah and here you come again same thing three nights in a row come on dude. And yea Ive played this game for years, and Ive never been that pissed at it. I do fairly well with death, just not three times in a row while regearing from the same ####.
119837, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
I have no idea what this is in reference to if you're not the shaman. Can you give me an idea of which char you are? I'm not saying you're lying, I just don't remember this and maybe you're misremembering.
119838, He is shaman.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the "NOT shaman" is because he tried to post anon as "shaman" and someone has already done that or maybe someone has that as a real username.
119840, RE: He is shaman.
Oh. Well, in that case, dude - I could have been nicer to you, but it would have also been breaking RP. You're a shaman. There is absolutely nothing I could have done to keep you around if you didn't want to be.

Am I being a douchebag and nightgaunting you? Hang out on weird continents so you waste my attempt. Hang out underwater. Chill out next to a healer with a tribunal in town so I get wanted. Also, have sanc up, and heal yourself while fighting the gaunt. Plus, I can only gaunt at night - this is a big indicator you can use to your advantage.

Did I catch you in person without a gaunt? Guess what, I have absolutely no in-class way to lag you other than lash and I didn't even practice that. I could use certain wands to lag you, sure, but afaik I didn't even do that during those fights. Even with all the damage my servitors pour out, I'm probably not going to one-round you through sanc. So, I show up and fight you, and you know you're gonna lose? Co word.

All I'm saying is that you're playing one of the most survivable classes in the game, there's no reason you should be eating multiple deaths from anyone if you know you can't beat them. I'm not going to curtail my RP just because you don't know how to type co word.
119842, RE: He is shaman.
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, something I have learned recently. Just because you role + it, and call it your RP, that doesn't make it any less crappy or douchtastic. As far as I know only imms have access to read your role, and as evidenced by some of their comments here, I think you might want to re-evaluate your stance on this. Just because someone is playing the most survivable class in the game does not mean they know how, or are skilled enough to do that. I have taken a change in the way I play recently, I used to want to pad my pm ratio with anyone I could, if you were someone I had a distinct advantage over you were hunted mercilessly at the expense of folks that might have been a closer match. I realized later, that it jus wasn't as fun. So a lot of times now if I get a newb vibe from someone, or tool them every time we fight, I tend to let them take the iniative. Does it make things boring? Probably ... But on the flip side I also spend more energy knowing what fights are mostly a no win proposition an avoid them more too.

Just saying, role +, and calling it your RP doesn't always mean it is ok.
119843, RE: He is shaman.
The way I play this game and the way you play this game might be different. I don't play "for" anyone. I don't play for the imms, I don't play for other players. I play because I enjoy a fully immersive RP situation. If I played to try to garner the imms' approval I would be rolling Fortress exclusively for the bonus imm rewards. Or I'd just never play the game - in the history of this char it got 400 imm exp, and that was for my initial role, and I didn't even get it until about level 40. I don't play for the imms, I play for me.

The implication here seems to be that I created a role simply so I could full or multi people. However this is obviously untrue since I have made a few lowbie pkers recently and looted almost nothing from my kills. As a player, my feelings on fulling/dying multiple times are in fact "get over it" but that doesn't mean I go out of my way on every char to do this.

FWIW I had plenty of chances to gaunt this guy later, and 100% of the time that I had other options, I took them instead. I wasn't trying to "pad my pk ratio", I was trying to be in as many fights as possible because that's what my character wanted.
119845, How you play in game reflects on the person you are.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People make concessions not to #### on other people. If you are fine with not doing that then that is fine. That is just who you are.
119849, Roleplay.
It's a helluva a drug.

Seriously, this game is about NOT being you. Not making a reflection of yourself.
119852, Every character takes some part of your own personality.
That is part of what makes it fun as it allows you to live out your best or worst attributes within a certain character. Some people can't stomach certain roleplay styles because it's too nice or just too douchy. It could be because you lack that demeanor or find it repulsive to play. What I do know is the reasons I do not play roles like this. Simply because I do not want to #### all over someone's day by multikilling and full saccing them because of role +. Also it is good RP for everyone to multikill and full sac everyone. We don't do it because we are decent human beings and have some semblance of caring about other people's day.
119853, It can.
Taking a bit of your own personality and magnifying it is certainly an option. My most recent character had no portion of myself in it. Roleplaying with some bit of yourself in the character is a good way to begin to learn roleplay. Roleplaying with the opposite characteristics of yourself is a step up. Finally, one learns to play something completely alien in terms of self reflection.

A decade ago, I would have agreed with you and said this was impossible. I've learned better thanks to CF. Now I can be whoever is needed at the time. I am the Matrik.
119854, Even if that is true.
It still comes down to what kind of person would intentionally treat people like #### and act with complete disregard to them. Participating in acts that he knows would waste their time and cause them grief (repeatedly). Back to concessions. We make them because these aren't JUST characters fighting against each other. It is PEOPLE playing characters for fun (they deserve a certain amount of respect). You shouldn't intentionally play a character that strips that fun from people constantly. Especially to the point where people don't want to play their own characters to avoid said person character. I am no longer simply talking about his character but RP in general.

I am in full support to full looting and multikilling to an extent. I am against it in excess and RP that is vitrol to the point of causing people to delete.
119855, Ah, I see.
Welcome to Carrion Fields.
119857, Except.
99% of us aren't like this.
119846, Just buy the PBF and let us see the role and pk stats.
It will be pretty easy to gauge then if you were just being a jerk to the less skilled people or if you actually had a solid zurcon role that that would have fit in with. It would be interesting to see and read.

About multikilling and griefing. Just remember that since the early days of CF, there has always been a what goes around comes around attitude. Remember when you weren't having fun because I kept one shotting the quasit throughout your life then not fighting you? Well, the guy regearing wasn't having fun either when he was stripped to the pies and nightgaunted again every night. At the end of the day, its a game and we all play for enjoyment. Just some perspective to think about. Always be prepared to reap what you sow in CF. Always.
119847, Just buy the PBF and let us see the role and pk stats.
It will be pretty easy to gauge then if you were just being a jerk to the less skilled people or if you actually had a solid zurcon role that that would have fit in with. It would be interesting to see and read.

About multikilling and griefing. Just remember that since the early days of CF, there has always been a what goes around comes around attitude. Remember when you weren't having fun because I kept one shotting the quasit throughout your life then not fighting you? Well, the guy regearing wasn't having fun either when he was stripped to the pies and nightgaunted again every night. At the end of the day, its a game and we all play for enjoyment. Just some perspective to think about. Always be prepared to reap what you sow in CF. Always.
119863, RE: Just buy the PBF and let us see the role and pk stats.
Posted by shaman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No it was three in one night.
While regearing inbetween both, First set saced second set looted third set just to do it if my memory serves. I could be wrong.
119874, It wasn't three in one night:
Actually, it was four.
119886, RE: It wasn't three in one night:
Posted by jaf2h on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh damn well I was wrong.
119870, RE: Just buy the PBF and let us see the role and pk stats.
>It will be pretty easy to gauge then if you were just being a
>jerk to the less skilled people or if you actually had a solid
>zurcon role that that would have fit in with. It would be
>interesting to see and read.
>
>About multikilling and griefing. Just remember that since the
>early days of CF, there has always been a what goes around
>comes around attitude. Remember when you weren't having fun
>because I kept one shotting the quasit throughout your life
>then not fighting you? Well, the guy regearing wasn't having
>fun either when he was stripped to the pies and nightgaunted
>again every night. At the end of the day, its a game and we
>all play for enjoyment. Just some perspective to think about.
>Always be prepared to reap what you sow in CF. Always.

Hey, I ate full loots (see my convo with Dheneb above) and plenty of people who would only engage my familiar, and happily took it in stride. I never bitched about this. Sure, it's annoying when your whole pk range is usually hiders who refuse to engage, but if that's the kind of character you like to play, be my guest. I posted on these forums solely because I thought (and continue to think) losing con for familiar deaths is unnecessary and sort of stupid, not because I was coming down on you for using those tactics. tl;dr, yes, I reaped what I sowed sometimes, and you know what? I didn't complain about it, because this is a hardcore rp/pk mud (or at least it used to be.)

FWIW, at the end of the day, you killing my familiar had about zero net effect on me because I didn't play this character to con death.
119850, RE: He is shaman.
This is a pretty weak attempt at deflection.

And I'm saying that as someone who believes people have gotten too entitled in terms of repeated kills and looting. Even I can't have your back on this one.
119858, I agree with Daevs statement here.
Posted by Anti-Hero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People nowadays ARE too entitled in terms of getting killed and looting.

But you can cross a happy medium without running off your fellow player. I don't think a single person playing CF isn't prepared to eat a full loot from time to time, but we are such a small community that making someones gametime so not fun they don't want to play anymore can hurt the mud as a whole. We need every player the mud can get right now, and it seems like there have been quite a few really really new players about lately. We vets need to be careful that we don't run them off, while still introducing them to the brutality that is Carrionfields.
119859, I think the problem is that truly evil roles just don't work in today's CF.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, I didn't even do half the things Vulgar did with my last real evil character and you guys ####ing murdered that character better than if Iunna had edited my pfile.

You guys don't want Team Evil, the playerbase in general doesn't want real Evil, so I guess we're all left with Evil Lite (characters that say good fight after losing and don't loot much or try to break their opponents will...basically, like a Deriveh evil character).

It's frustrating at times.
119862, RE: I think the problem is that truly evil roles just don't work in today's CF.
>I mean, I didn't even do half the things Vulgar did with my
>last real evil character and you guys ####ing murdered that
>character better than if Iunna had edited my pfile.

I don't remember who this was.

>You guys don't want Team Evil, the playerbase in general
>doesn't want real Evil, so I guess we're all left with Evil
>Lite (characters that say good fight after losing and don't
>loot much or try to break their opponents will...basically,
>like a Deriveh evil character).
>
>It's frustrating at times.

I think you can play a Real Evil character but if you do, the bar for roleplaying is inherently set higher because you'll end up doing some things that are indistinguishable from a player who is kind of a #### playing themselves.
119869, RE: I think the problem is that truly evil roles just don't work in today's CF.
>I think you can play a Real Evil character but if you do, the bar for roleplaying is inherently set higher because you'll end up doing some things that are indistinguishable from a player who is kind of a #### playing themselves.

And there you have it. You can say I'm deflecting, etc - but what I'm taking from your posts is an implication that I am a "player who is kind of a #### playing himself" rather than someone who was interested in playing a truly evil character. If your heart is set on believing that, then there's nothing I can do to change it, and this is exactly why I play Carrionfields for myself, for the roleplay, and for the fun of PK tactics rather than to try to appease or impress anyone. I know some people are going to take roles like this the wrong way and unfortunately some of those people might be the ones with access to commands like xpadd and history editing.

It is what it is. At the end of the day all I can say is that I did my best to roleplay Draquade consistently.
119873, RE: I think the problem is that truly evil roles just don't work in today's CF.
>And there you have it. You can say I'm deflecting, etc - but
>what I'm taking from your posts is an implication that I am a
>"player who is kind of a #### playing himself" rather than
>someone who was interested in playing a truly evil character.

No, that's not it at all, although I can see how you could get that.

It's that the kinds of actions you chose frequently come off that way. Another player whose pies you're saccing can't really tell the difference between someone who is roleplaying an evil #### and someone who is in the "kind of a #### playing themselves" category.

Thus my comment that from what I've seen, the rare "evil ####" characters that are well-received come from players who really put 110% into the roleplay so it's crystal clear to everyone that they're roleplaying a #### rather than being a ####.
119876, RE: I think the problem is that truly evil roles just d...
>>And there you have it. You can say I'm deflecting, etc -
>but
>>what I'm taking from your posts is an implication that I am
>a
>>"player who is kind of a #### playing himself" rather than
>>someone who was interested in playing a truly evil
>character.
>
>No, that's not it at all, although I can see how you could get
>that.
>
>It's that the kinds of actions you chose frequently come
>off
that way. Another player whose pies you're saccing
>can't really tell the difference between someone who is
>roleplaying an evil #### and someone who is in the "kind of a
>#### playing themselves" category.
>
>Thus my comment that from what I've seen, the rare "evil ####"
>characters that are well-received come from players who really
>put 110% into the roleplay so it's crystal clear to everyone
>that they're roleplaying a #### rather than being a ####.

Okay, sorry I misunderstood then. I did my best to put 110% into my roleplay as often as possible. Can you give me any advice on how I could do it differently/better if I ever wanted to play a "real evil" character in the future?
119895, Roleplaying tips...motivation.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So let's define for a second a "real evil" character.

Our real evil character full loots down to the pies because? Is it because he feels that to utterly destroy an opponent is the only way to respect them? Is it because he feels that all things should burn under the might of his power? Is it because he wants to cripple them so their retaliation is weaker?

What is our motivation?

Let's say our motivation is "I want the world to burn under my fingers." If that's the case, surely you're not *only* doing that in the context of PVP. Your character interacts with many. Does he treat NPCs the same way? Does he frollick through Emerald forest killing brownies and RP a session of sacrificing their corpses to the demon gods before the alter west of there? Maybe he sends a missive out letting the world know that it shall tremble in his wake or maybe he terrorizes Galadon while yelling that all shall honor the demon god? How does he go about leveling? Whom would he choose to level with? Is it consistent with his beliefs?

You see where I'm going with this? If a man is motivated he's motivated beyond simply where he's interacting in the context of a player versus player engagement. If someone is 'immersed' he doesn't really distinguish between Joe the Paladin and John the Paladin NPC. Roleplaying is about putting on a show as much as it is about being your character. Put your show on and no one will have any qualms with you destroying their pies.
119899, RE: Roleplaying tips...motivation.
>So let's define for a second a "real evil" character.
>
>Our real evil character full loots down to the pies because?
>Is it because he feels that to utterly destroy an opponent is
>the only way to respect them? Is it because he feels that all
>things should burn under the might of his power? Is it
>because he wants to cripple them so their retaliation is
>weaker?
>
>What is our motivation?
>
>Let's say our motivation is "I want the world to burn under my
>fingers." If that's the case, surely you're not *only* doing
>that in the context of PVP. Your character interacts with
>many. Does he treat NPCs the same way? Does he frollick
>through Emerald forest killing brownies and RP a session of
>sacrificing their corpses to the demon gods before the alter
>west of there? Maybe he sends a missive out letting the world
>know that it shall tremble in his wake or maybe he terrorizes
>Galadon while yelling that all shall honor the demon god? How
>does he go about leveling? Whom would he choose to level
>with? Is it consistent with his beliefs?
>
>You see where I'm going with this? If a man is motivated he's
>motivated beyond simply where he's interacting in the context
>of a player versus player engagement. If someone is
>'immersed' he doesn't really distinguish between Joe the
>Paladin and John the Paladin NPC. Roleplaying is about
>putting on a show as much as it is about being your character.
> Put your show on and no one will have any qualms with you
>destroying their pies.

I fully agree with this post, but to a great extent this is what my character did. 90% of the time that my character was alone, he was having full on conversations with the voices in his head. I don't know how much I "interacted" directly with NPCs but at the same time my guy saw adventurers as more important, since are often the ones often directly influencing the world. As far as leveling goes, my guy took what he could get since he was trying to manipulate people in order to gain power as quickly as possible.

Plenty of people walked in on me talking to my character's voices (sometimes about the person walking in, hue), so it's not like this was totally invisible to people. At the end of the day I'm convinced that playing a character which is this caliber of evil is going to make people #### on it, no matter how well it's roleplayed. I can live with that, but I just think it's sort of unfortunate.

If I were playing a good aligned character, I would absolutely want this sort of force in the game, because it's something I'd be able to point to and say "See that? This is what we're striving against. This is the reason we fight." Actually, this is probably 80% of the reason why I DON'T play goodies - I think most people who play evil are too invested in everybody else's feelings to get it right, and if I'm rolling up on some guy with a paladin, I want to feel like I am a shining force for good cutting down abject evil, not Barney dressed up in some necromancer robes.
119905, So did you those in the cabal you wanted?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No? Why not? For mechanics reasons?

You talk about evil being too fluffy but a number of my chars have killed current and future cabal mates. But these weren't multikills and full sacs, and they each had specific purposes that, once killed, would be achieved making future killings unnecessary unless they did something new and serious.

Did you attack scarabs? Or was that not your will?
119883, That hurts my ego (since you were the only IMM who had my "back").
It's not a truly salient point though.

Just a biased observation that "truly" evil roles have kinda disappeared from CF.

I mean, we have characters like Mharlndarn though, and while not really "eeeeeeevil" he was a great villain archtype.

Basically, I miss characters like Yagig and Maztriel (getting a cabal-mate permanently crippled because they were an ass and forgot they were evil). I miss characters like Palmer (who was a crazy sort of evil...but awesome).

It is what it is.
119894, Real evil would work...
...if it was *real evil*.

The thing about being *real evil* is it gets you lots and lots of enemies. If you want to get some respect as a 'really evil dude' then you're out playing the badass and you're not going to delete at the first hint of trouble. If you're really all abouts the arpee then you have to prove it. Otherwise, we won't consider you "real evil", we'll just consider you a ####.
119864, You were a cock
You chose to rp something that makes for a #### game experience when you could have rp'd something that didn't.
119872, RE: You were a cock
>You chose to rp something that makes for a #### game
>experience when you could have rp'd something that didn't.

I could also choose to RP barbie horse adventures and play serial gear locker heralds and only annoy the people who want to actually use said gear.

The thing is, it's up to each individual to decide what kind of character they want to play. I thought of a cool role involving a guy who heard the voices of fire&destruction demons in his head. I wanted to honor this role as best as possible, so I was consistent in my RP and did things that maybe some people didn't like.

If getting looted makes you have a #### game experience, I don't know what to tell you other than that CF hasn't become barbie horse adventures yet, it's not against the rules, and maybe you should learn to regear. When I got fulled, I was generally fully up and running within half an hour. It's the game.

What you need to do is learn to separate your character from yourself. That's what roleplaying is all about - immersing yourself in the role of someone who isn't you.
119884, At the same time...
...you should also understand that roleplaying a complete evil prick asshole is probably not going to make a ton of people like you.

Sure, people like me won't have a serious issue with it, but we've gone the way of the Dodo and been phased pretty much out of CF. In general, the playerbase you are playing with is not going to like those types of characters.

And you know what, that's alright. You just seem surprised people didn't like you and I'm not sure why that's the case.

(though, the issue of equating your player with the actions of the character is stupid and a whole nother issue that is plaguing CF)
119887, Understand this
I haven't had a character in months. I almost never get heavily looted when I die, because I generally make the game fun for enemies, even if they die to me at times.

You say I can't separate roles from real life? I can. But I also consider how the roles I choose to play will impact on other players' fun. Apparently, you either don't or you simply don't care; that's reflective of your real self.
119888, A more considered reply
You could be the same guy who plays out destruction without thinking "I must destroy this pie more than anything else" and instead limit yourself to destroying things that are significant, which also allows you to skip the multikilling. After all, if pie destruction is inportant, you could have spammed buy pie 3 sac pie sac pie sac pie for hours.
That, however, clearly didn't appeal to the player as much as saving the pies of the guy you were multikilling.
119893, Bit of a hypocrit aren't you?
You deleted because of a mechanics change in devils and complained about an Imm suggesting maybe you chill out on the multi-killing the weakest guy thing.

If you're going to do that you can't exactly write a post about how CF has become barbie horse adventures and people need to roll with it better.

Practice what you preach - if you're really all about the RP then you wouldn't have deleted because of a game balance tweak.
119898, RE: Bit of a hypocrit aren't you?
It wasn't a game balance tweak. It was and continues to be a bug which was very recently created, likely in the small conjurer tweaks that happened recently. Before deleting I talked to at least two of the high level conjurers in CF that can verify this.

I am all about RP, but I also enjoy PK, and if a glitch is making it fundamentally impossible for me to play for more than 30 minutes without dying to my own servitors, you had better believe the character is getting trashed.

Tell me all about game balance when you dump multiple 1000-mana dismissals into an angry demon/devil and watch it fail each time. Or when you flee into a room with a thaumaturgic circle, and your devil just doesn't give a #### and attacks you anyway. Or when your servitors show up pissed at you 100% of the time, and are unable to keep happy no matter what you do. 80% of my character's functionality was being hosed by a bug, so yeah, I didn't feel like playing it anymore.
119822, RE: (DELETED) [None] Draquade the Master of Conjuration, Disciple of Zurcon, Iterative Sacker
Posted by Frijer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah sad to see this, loved our fights. As soon as I saw you log in, I knew I was going to have to keep on my toes--especially at night. I considered succumbing a couple of times to the nightwalker, but always figured you would be in some locked room or otherwise obnoxious place (like Eil Shaeria...).

Sorry about the servitor thing, sound pretty rough.
119824, Your Scarab application
Posted by Quarissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, just letting you know I didn't really get the vibe of a true scarabite from you. Don't know what Scarabaeus thought if anything, but I did warn you it was difficult before you pledged. GLWYN and probably you'd better off in something not Scarab.
119829, RE: Your Scarab application
Honestly, my plan with the character was to go uncaballed and just be a spooky Zurcon guy that nobody trusted. Trying to join Scarab was a late-hour decision - basically, around level 30 I realize it would be cool to try to roleplay being the bridge between demons (represented by the lord of all demons Zurcon) and devils (represented by the father of devils, Scarabaeus), so I can see why it came across that the character wasn't super invested.

I did enjoy roleplaying with you, fwiw.
119834, My only advice is try to be less annoying.
All and all. I'd rather drag my nuts 15 miles through glass than have to deal with this character again. This was also me putting it nicely.

Simply said you rubbed me the wrong way something fierce.

What I disliked.
Your constantly tells even after I told you I didn't want to deal with you anymore.
Being such a loud mouth even though you ran away and avoided fights like the plague.
Never died to you or got a fight out of you so I didn't have to deal with full loots.
119836, RE: My only advice is try to be less annoying.
I never avoided fights unless the matchup was such that I felt there was a 90%+ chance of me losing or being permalagged to death. Ask Frijer - I even stupidly knocked on the Village door at one point just to get his attention, and got myself killed that way. This character rapidly sought fights constantly, even somewhat stupid ones.

Getting advice from Tesline on how to not be annoying is like Chairman Mao telling me how to avoid committing genocide.
119844, Dismiss what I said. Protect your fragile ego instead of improving.
Suit yourself.
119871, RE: Dismiss what I said. Protect your fragile ego instead of improving.
This isn't about my ego. I'm dismissing what you said because you're a compulsive liar, and it's goofy to take advice on "not being annoying" (lol, what?) from the kid on the playground that no one likes. Draquade absolutely didn't "avoid fights like the plague". I can't think of anyone I consistently ran from unless I was caught without servitors, or I was trying to level.
119875, RE: Dismiss what I said. Protect your fragile ego instead of improving.
>I can't think of anyone I
>consistently ran from unless I was caught without servitors,
>or I was trying to level.

Just to play barbed devil's advocate, you understand this would amount to a huge chunk of and possibly a majority of your life, right?
119877, RE: Dismiss what I said. Protect your fragile ego instead of improving.
>>I can't think of anyone I
>>consistently ran from unless I was caught without servitors,
>>or I was trying to level.
>
>Just to play barbed devil's advocate, you understand this
>would amount to a huge chunk of and possibly a majority of
>your life, right?

That's a fair point, but at the same time anybody who expects a conjurer to fight without (at least) an elemental is probably drunk. That's like asking a sword spec to drop his weapons before a fight. What do you want me to do, magic missile or zap them to death?

If you were playing a high level conjurer, how often would you engage people without servitors?
119879, RE: Dismiss what I said. Protect your fragile ego instead of improving.
Yeah, I'm more referring to the trying to level bit. Just saying I could see how both you wouldn't think that statement was true and someone on the other side of you could honestly think it was.
119880, Actually my characters are well liked.
My forum persona is disliked. There is a difference. Tesline (the forum persona on QHCF) was always meant to get into fights. That being said.

I'm not a compulsive liar. When I'm drunk I am *which is rare*. Also most people get along with me. Funnyone, Frosty, Matrik, and the conspiracy crew (orb, Odril, ect) don't like me.

I'm content with what Daevryn said. He might be right and I don't care to argue with you over petty things. It isn't worth my time and likely isn't worth yours.
119821, Dang it...
Posted by Zeke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember when I found you in barovia with my komodo (I didn't have grizzly yet) and you were all "Oh! I see you don't hold a grudge!" Well...that is mostly true..more true is I am very very patient, and I was totally gonna jump on you with the grizzly @ some point when I came across you again. I wouldn't have looted, because thats how I roll.

Also, I would've totally helped you hero! Darkness seems to tip a lot, but there are periods (fort O' clock) when it doesn't. And you seemed to be around during those periods some of the time.

Ah well...no revenge for Zeke the gnome!
119818, First conjurer, yeah? (nt)
Posted by Dheneb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
119828, RE: First conjurer, yeah? (nt)
Sort of. I've played conjies before but it's also been like four or five years since I've played this game.

Our fight was fun but frustrating for me. Manacles are hard to play against, and I made a really stupid tactical decision which cost me; I put up deny summoning to mess with you and make you waste mana, which ended up letting you seal the kill when I couldn't teleport away once you got the upper hand. Regardless, you did outplay me and you seemed to know what you were doing with a necro, so it sort of surprised me when I saw you deleted.
119831, RE: First conjurer, yeah? (nt)
Posted by Dheneb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I pretty much had to full loot you since you had just been slaughtering fellow Tribunal and full looting them. I made up for it when I deleted Polymnia and handed you some of the best gear in the game :P

Pretty sure you can cancel deny summoning. But you can't teleport when manacled anyway AFAIK.
119839, RE: First conjurer, yeah? (nt)
Oh, absolutely no hard feelings on the full loot - I was fully expecting it and I was trying to roleplay my character in a way that gear completely didn't matter to him. Roleplay-wise, you did him a favor - he wanted to see everything burn. As a player of course it sucks a little to eat a full loot, but otoh it's not exactly hard to get up and running again if you know what you're doing. Plus, a few days later a certain tribunal friend of Draquade's ended up giving him that Animus axe back, heheheh.

You can cancel deny summoning and I was desperately trying to while I ran from you in Arkham, but it kept failing. Thanks for the Polymnia gear, I had a whole lot of fun with that for awhile before I deleted (actually still had 90% of it when I deleted, so I dropped it all in Hamsah :P).

The no-teleport manacle thing is a 'sequester' effect that goes along with it but I think that it ends a long time before the manacles actually fall off. Not 100% on that.
119817, Damn you.
I had just spent about 30 in game hours trying to kill a healer mob for a quest. Thought I was safe where I was but oh no, here comes mr. nightgaunt. Was blind when it happened too. Was so confused and decided to forget I had a teleport potion all up and ready in my inventory...

Ah well, hats of to you. Anyone that full loots/sacs the hell out of people is ok in my book!
119841, RE: Damn you.
I was pretty surprised that worked too, when you told me. FWIW I really wanted to RP out our "alliance" more, but I never saw you online again. For Draquade killing people was like saying 'hello' so I thought it would be really interesting if we actually ended up working together after that. Given your class we could have done some pretty nasty things gaunting people together.
119810, You were fun
Posted by Rhamon_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When we discussed the ways of the Empire it was clear you were just ####ting,
but it was fun and Ashmon is kinda gullible, so I let it slide.

It turned out great as we got some fights later and Ashmon got involved in some
politics over it.

Come back and stir things up one way or the other.

119813, RE: You were fun
Thanks, I enjoyed our fights. Fighting a shaman can often be really annoying because they're so hard to land a kill on if the player knows what they're doing, but on the other hand it made our fights really long and more interesting tactically.

And yeah, Draquade was a huge ####ter in general but ####ted imperials especially. Actually tried to convince most of the imperial leadership that he planned on joining the empire at level 40, so I'd be left alone more until I had nightgaunts.
119809, This sucks.
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the conniving, evil roleplay. The rabbit pasty was completely unexpected, but it was fun.

It probably didn't come across IC (as you would expect between an Elf Outlander and an evil Conjie) but I actually really liked the RP sessions.
119812, RE: This sucks.
Thanks! I was trying to play my guy as insane (hearing voices etc), but also manipulative and mostly interested in destroying or hurting everything around him and playing everybody against each other. But despite being a mastermind wizard guy, he was really afraid of gods, so I was trying to play up "appeasing" you in our interactions as much as possible.

I actually really enjoyed our interactions too, so thanks for posting.