Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=119572
119572, (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 3 17:48:56 2014

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Saersha perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:699
119635, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Becaid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never saw anyone so good at standing there and getting hit.
I actually had an alias set for rescuing you. Good times.

All the nicknames you kept throwing at me were great.
So long arch nemesis.
119646, LOL!
Posted by Saersha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed by that. She was actually a decent tank with shield block if I didn't carry 17 tons of unnecessary junk around. But who would ever do that?

Becaid made Saersha so mad at first, being rude when I was trying to help you out. Then I noticed you were like that all the time and I was like, Becaid is awesome! I thought you were really a blast and the nicknames seemed to come naturally.
119593, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
I had a lot of fun as Saersha and got a lot of good exploring in. I was probably the weakest hero in Thera, even with some great gear from time to time, but it really didn't matter much to me. I was really great at chickening out of fights and running though.

I made Saersha to explore and see what was up with the thief guild politics, thank you to Corlx and Gedunthos for making things interesting there. Never planned to keep her too long, but after a while I wanted to age death her. I kept either having internet problems or running out of time to play. After this latest hiatus, I just didn't feel like playing her anymore so I decided to hit the button.

Goodbyes:

Corlx - My best friend. Guild politics, quests, exploring. We sure saw a lot together. I may have helped you get Kingpin, but you owned the position ever after. I always enjoyed the bickering too. Two peas in a pod, we. Snippy, grumbling peas.

Gedunthos - My best enemy. Wheeling and dealing to try to hold Galadon against the hoards of Imperial thieves was something else. How many darn thieves did you have working for you? Mustachioed bastard.

Sehdara - My scariest enemy. Thank you for making things so interesting. The fake bounty on the dwarf was spectacular.

Whiysdan - First tattoo! What a great guy you are, I leave your temple and before we even get a chance to talk about it, you jump into Olin and make me a bartender over a conversation I was having at the bar. I felt so guilty about leaving, I had so much fun drinking in the shrine with you and Corlx.

Arvam - Second tattoo! I really enjoyed being part of your return. I was sulking as a player knowing you were giving dreams to people about your return and I wasn't a part of it, then I was a major part! I feel like I wasn't the greatest Arvam follower, but I sure felt proud to be such a big part of it all. I uh.. never got a role entry in about it. So lazy.

Neltouda - I thought about trying to get onto the crew a few times, despite first being a priestess of Whiysdan and then of Arvam, but I didn't need to really. You're always a great presence and I loved the conversations. The CF stars aligned quite a few times for me after that conversation about fate we had, especially regarding the pipeweed fiend Aster, whom you hinted at during it. We ended up being great friends after that.

Those are the only people I really remember. J/k, waaaay too many people to wish goodbye to. Write and I'll respond!

My favorite moment was the Tiamat hunt fiasco/triumph when the impatient dwarf confused me into thinking someone was fighting Tiamat alone and I ran up there by myself. Longest seconds of Saersha's life. Then when Tiamat bit the cloaked Akresius, it was over the top. You only get that kind of experience in CF.
119600, Janstina.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Saersha. She was understanding but distant towards evil. You were well RPed and elf like without being stuck up which was enjoyable.

Thanks for the phoenix costume. People seemed to enjoy being killed while wearing it. Also I liked how you tried to be understanding but seemed like you disliked necromancy. Also sad face on the no recommendation. :( (I didn't expect one but Janstina did...she was planning to have you killed).
119611, RE: Janstina.
Saersha was raised by halflings, so I tried my best to try to at least be curteous to most people and hear them out. I think there were a few times I was outright rude to orcs, but they're orcs. Greenish no-gooders.

Having me killed for not recommending you would have been perfect for Janstina. I liked how Janstina seemed ignorant to the fact that she actually was evil.

Of all the costumes I put together that night, I think the phoenix took the most footwork to put together.
119603, You too?
Posted by Belendithas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now I am starting to feel old. Where are all my old Tiamat hunting buddies? The whole Akresius situation was funny, hard to not get a certain newfound respect for Immortals after witnessing one of them brutalizing Tiamat.

Not seen a lot of you lately but you will be missed. GLWYN.
119610, Geezer
You should have felt old a long time ago! It's a shame we didn't get to adventure more often, but the dragon hunts were a lot of fun. I always liked seeing you around, and you were always a pleasure to shoot the breeze with.
119614, Turrible
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Worse elf thief ever in existence. Just the worst.

Since you were a Halfling and not an elf. You jerk, stealing my "raised by halflings" role and playing it at the same time as me!

Oh wait, I meant:

"Hi, I enjoyed our interactions"
119619, Don't forget dragon
Although.. that might have been after Aster. She turned into a dragon like a coy fish swimming up a waterfall... or she claimed that she was a dragon until a couple of people started to believe her. It's too bad Arvam never saw people asking her if she really was a dragon, he always said she was a terrible liar. Hogwash, Saersha lied so well that the moon crashed into mount Kiadana. It's true.

I was so excited to meet another halfling raised adventurer. Hanging out with Aster and Corlx behind the Inn was far too rare an occasion. I really wanted you there with us when we killed Tiamat so that I could get some Tiamat steaks. But you just had to go and do your duty and die in the process. Sheesh!

I was so happy to find that glass jar, I immediately stuffed it with pipeweed and ran off to find you.
119615, Nooo
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, was really hoping for "one more interaction" though we said that to each other the last 5 or so times we interacted.

Loved Saersha, from the time we met on the Hamsah Docks (people do really RP while waiting for ships, or at least we did) and for every interaction after that.

Not sure about weakest hero...

Best of luck with your next, whatever it ends up being.
119620, So hard to get a good leotard.
Keara was so great. If I could curse my shifting playtimes for just one reason, it would be for seperating Saersha and Keara. It seems like I saw everyone else more often when my playtimes shifted. Stupid RL, doesn't it know Saersha and Keara had epic deeds to accomplish?!

I laughed and laughed to myself when Aster addressed you as.. (Serrah? I forget the word you two used) to say something really nice about you, and I was like, "My name's Saersha, actually."

Major props to you for walking in on Arvam and I when he was supposed to be still stuck in a mirage and RPing that you didn't see anything. I thought that was really classy.
119626, RE: So hard to get a good leotard.
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your sense of comedic timing wasn't lost on me. A lot of what happened was really funny for a variety of reason.

As for Arvam, I didn't expect to actually see him there, to say the least. Besides, it was fun knowing the truth while still getting to tell people you were nuts for talking to the bushes.

119621, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I absolutely loved Saersha. I also loved giving her crap after she left my religion for the birdman.

Glad you had fun.
119627, Short Round
Whiysdan is too much fun. Entering the temple, lip trembling, asking if I could drink with you and Corlx after I left was unavoidable.

I didn't intend to keep Saersha around as long as I did, but after getting into the Temple of 13, it wasn't hard to keep up the enthusiasm. Thanks for everything, and the title consultations. I always took a lot of pride in that. Take good care of that boulder bait Corlx for me.
119630, A shame.
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't get too much of a chance to interact properly as morts, though I did interact with you and Shamise a bit in passing. Despite the limited window that we did have I was a big fan of those brief RP sessions.

I think the Heralds and The Inn will miss you a lot.
119631, Thank you, Mendos!
It is true, we didn't get that much of a chance to interact, but I enjoyed every moment too. It tugged at my heart strings both to hear about the outcome of the Dryad thing and also to see Mendos' reaction to it. I remember when you came into the Inn just sloshed after. I had to remind myself it was a game and not to be really sad about it. Great RP.
119632, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will post more after i get black out drunk and punch a hole in the wall. Heart breaking.
119647, I'm sorry!
I wanted to keep Saersha even when I lost interest at least until Corlx went, but I logged on and lost loads of stuff to the anti-hoarding code, which was no big deal, but then I noticed I had a ton of limited stuff left! I just thought it was time to stop hoarding and rekindle the CF spark with something else.

Corlx is really the best. After a while, when bickering started to occur naturally between us, I made it a point to get on your case about the little things. Those two really were like siblings.
119664, RE: I'm sorry!
Corlx wouldn't be half as successful as he's been without Saersha. I remember when you first got on me for being mean about Aeede until you realized where I was coming from. I have never found another character so easy to play off of, our role play was seamless and almost effortless. I tried REALLY hard to play a major schism when you left the Thirteen, but I liked you too much to pull it off. We were basically two sides that when put together made the perfect Herald in my mind. Gonna miss ya, lass, I can' believe yer friggin' leavin' me! Ah, well, the Lucky Whiskey Breath will be flowiin' like water now. Good luck with your next, and I hope we get to interact again. By the way, who the hell are you?
119665, RE: I'm sorry!
And I still say you were half kobold...
119667, RE: I'm sorry!
I grabbed your PDF, by the way.
119673, Thank you!
I probably should have made more role entries, but I just got so enthralled about the simplest things with Saersha that it kept slipping my mind.
119670, RE: I'm sorry!
It really did seem effortless. It was almost like watching a cartoon or something. When Corlx was mad at Saersha for leaving the Thirteen, I was devastated, even if it was half hearted. My jaw was dropped at the unpredicted consequence, it was like even though she was dealing with Gods, Corlx had more of an affect on her life.

Who am I? I am ♪♫ The shadow that dances with the flame.. deep in your heart ♫♪
119671, Who is that?
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eternal goofball, Swordsosaurus. On qhcf I post as MiyagiYojimbo.
119633, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Saersha Cloverkiss the Bright Star of the Diamond, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Andira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Old friend! Saersha always really puzzled Andi. You were such a fun, big talker. I enjoyed all of the time we got to spend together. Good luck on your next!
119648, So many cookie crumbs
I loved Andira, such an interesting character. Talking big was fun and a good way to blow off some steam for being a total wuss. I didn't win one pk or arena duel that wasn't against an opponent 20 lvls lower than myself, I don't think.

I really wanted to go exploring more often. I was devestated when Andira left the Tiamat expedition after the raven fiasco. Poor Poetry! Get her some cookies for me.
119643, Hey Saersha.
Posted by Deaerax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha ha ha, you are OLD now! I miss your crazy tales. I was hoping you had a few more that I never heard about you. I wanted to ask you if you had different iterations of the Tiamat killing story. I am glad you had as much fun as it seemed like you were having.
119649, What?! I retired at 230 years old!
I had a million stories, most were somewhat true! I lost track of who heard what and got into the habit of telling the really big ones over and over. I was bummed out I missed becoming more of a part of your last story, I was planning on trying to butt in, but I had a lapse of playtime right after my feeling the situation out period. I should have been a better Arvam follower and just jumped in feet first.

I did have a ton of fun, and while I'm sure there was some unenjoyable parts, I can't think of a single one thinking back about Saersha. Thanks for helping to make it that way.
119674, Nice run!
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great Herald and a great follower. When I first came back and was just watching and getting to know folks I noticed in some random conversation you had you knew an awful lot about ole Arv so sorta pegged you would be fun for the re-intro. Everything else fell into place and that whole quest I was really just shooting from the hip and kinda writing things as you and Sehdara played stuff out. You both certainly did a stellar job and wrote that story just as much as I did.

Herald's quieted down a bit but it's definitely a cabal that has its up and downs, but when you, Corlx and the gang were hanging around it was usually a great time. Watching you all adventure was usually pretty entertaining.

...don't worry about the role entry. I'm not a stickler for that stuff at all. ;)
119676, Phew!
I always had this nagging in the back of my mind that I was a terrible Arvam follower. I just had a tendency to overthink things I think.

I definitely got ahead of myself when you appeared to Saersha, I remembered that Arvam had a human face, so I was like.. you have wings and a human face... are you an angel? Then I noticed you were supposed to be all blurry. Oh crap! I really appreciated everything, and being part of your return was more than I could have hoped for. Arvam returns, huzzah!

We really didn't see each other much in the last years of Saersha's adventure, but some things can't be helped. My play times shift quite a bit. Thank you for everything, you helped make this the most memorable character I've played.
119692, RE: Phew!
Posted by Tykanis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All of my favorite heralds are dying off. -.- Good luck on your next.
119713, Thanks, Tykanis!
Hope you're romping around with a new char yourself.
119714, RE: Thanks, Tykanis!
Posted by Tykanis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was, I sadly had to delete due to lack of play time and such. Curse you work. 😝