Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=118635
118635, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 3 19:26:32 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Yvain perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:151
118650, I'm very disappointed, I know some downright evil things were in the works.
Posted by Mirozah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN.

118648, This sucks.
Posted by Zerliae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt once everything worked for me, we could've done so much. Oh well, I really liked you. Sucks we couldn't get that sword blessed, though.

GLWYN!
118653, RE: This sucks.
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Trying to help you through the tough spot was one reason I didn't delete sooner. Don't think the sword would have made too much difference as it wasn't that special but it was an interesting problem and makes me wonder about the mechanics of how to do it (I didn't realise until recently that paladins need to bless their weapons)

Would have been interesting to see what happened to your character if and when you get de-gimped, but maybe I'll get to know eventually even if I don't see it myself.
118647, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
Posted by Eumridae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, Yvain. You'll be missed. Wasn't a secret that you were struggling yesterday, but I hoped that you would stick it out. Had a lot of fun RPing with you. Thanks for all the time spend scouting for me and keeping me amused when others were off being boring. Hehe.

Good luck with your next!
118654, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
Repeating my own previous character's words back to me was sort of a "hey! maybe she really doesn't know I'm the same player!" sort of moment. I wish you luck but I don't think I can play Empire again on my next (because three in a row is too many and however much I love black circle I hate donations more. Maybe. I do love black circle lots though)
118641, Whoops.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't want to reveal who I'm playing but I'm curious as to why?
118644, Single digit con and an empty corpse
It had been clear for a while that the character wasn't quite performing as well as I wanted them to, having my pies gone sealed the deal.
118660, You sure complain about loot a lot. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
118661, Next time someone asks me why I deleted I should lie?
Because I would be lying if I said seeing 'nothing' in the corpse wasn't a factor in my decision.
118664, But that's the reason you've deleted like 3 times before...
...as well.

You seem to have a lot of heart, the ability to fight fights you only have a 50% chance of winning (which makes me like you already), and a decent bit of RP/PK prowress.

However, you seem stuck on the fact that your success/failure is tied to wands/gear, when it's tied to how much fun you are having.

I don't know, the game has kinda passed me by (odd to say only playing since 2005 but still), but when I used to get fulled, I'd be regeared with a better set than I started with within a few hours.
118665, Regearing isn't fun.
After I've gone through it often enough on a character, and my con is low enough that I start feeling it, I would no longer be having fun going through the same process, so it's time to end the character.
118666, RE: Regearing isn't fun.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
YMMV, but I actually think regearing via PK as an A-P is pretty fun. Give me outfit gear (or the cruel battle axe and orcish shield if you want to old school it) and there's bound to be someone in my range that I can kill.
118667, Quickest way to regear: PK some fool :)
Seriously, you have a ton of inventory space for MOAR LOOT!!!!
118640, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
Posted by Graekogar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WHAT! NOOO! You were like my mortal enemy, I loved the fights we had! Why the delete?

GLWYN
118645, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Yvain the LightSlayer, Imperial Black Magician
See above for the reason. I thought it was great the way you transformed from easy pickings to a seemingly unstoppable juggernaut who survived everything I could throw at them.

Honestly it was unlikely we were going to fight again soon, given you'd levelled out of my range and I wasn't going to level back into it without vastly more charges than I'd currently earned.