Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dwunot the Self-Proclaimed King of Silverwood, Cold-Hearted Gnome Murderer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=118564
118564, (DELETED) [None] Dwunot the Self-Proclaimed King of Silverwood, Cold-Hearted Gnome Murderer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 30 08:19:27 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Dwunot perished, never to return.
Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:224
118658, Second strangest Goblin I've met-
Posted by Faenral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it's a pretty close second to the first. After the incident in Grinning Skull, I got to being pretty paranoid when I sensed you in the same area as me. I was half expecting you to leap at me when we had that chat during the Night of 100 Players.

Good luck with your next, and keep it strange. I tend to enjoy the strange ones. See you in the Fields.
118668, Damn, I would have hoped for number 1
Posted by Dwunot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, he was in the GSV, so I knew you were there and would maybe not be on guard enough for me to kill you and get a few coppers off your corpse. I thought about going for the trip at the monastary to be honest, and if I cared at all about PK I probably would have.

Dwunot's whole purpose was to come across as a bumbling fool, so that every time he left an interaction the other people either laughed at him or said WTF just happened.
118591, Ah, my King...
Posted by Mirozah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed our interactions.

We had a super unique relationship, one that existed inside it's own little bubble. By far, one of my most favorite. We had so many little side stories. It was one of pure give and take. Loved it.

I believe the ONLY reason that this was able to continue as successfully as it did, was that you were actually outside of my PK range. Therefore, I was unable to kill you. :)

You were Mirozah's one little (maybe) chink, in a way I cannot reveal, but lets just say that there was something special about Dwunot. On a positive note, at least there will be one more spot in my inventory now. You know what I'm talking about.

You will be missed, good luck with your next!! Awesome job!!!

118669, RE: Ah, my King...
Oh, you could have killed him 50 times, in or out of PK, he still would have responded the same to you. I'm surprised you actually never did ask him to kill himself for you actually, cause I would have in a heartbeat.
When I wielded the Sword of Darkness I could bloodsteep endlessly and kill myself with it (that led to some fun RP in the Inn one night where I acted like the sword was sentient and hated me and so stabbed me all the time)

But the queen never asked so I never did.:)
Keep kicking ass out there, I'll look forward to hearing about what comes next for Mirozah down the road.
118575, Loved to hate you...
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I really wanted to get you back.. But really enjoyed our interactions.
118578, ditto
Posted by Evelinn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough but didnt abuse the power you had. Probably could have stomped me pretty bad when I was ranking up. Didnt really understand why Dwunot would not, if your pbf isnt purchased when I go out I'll pick it up.
118565, Thanks for the fun
I created this character because someone challenged me to do a goblin, and I had no idea he would ever even last this long. He was really just there to hopefully make other people laugh at him.

I have no idea how Dwunot (I figured Doughnut or Dunot was too obvious for a name) came across to others, but he was designed as a copper obsessed complete idiot with delusions of grandeur that was supposed to get killed constantly. Mostly successful except I found out hide + high hp + wargs equal insane survivability for a goblin.

To all the people who were willing to go along with this silly character, I thank all of you (players and Imms alike) for making him fun to play, especially everyone who got conscripted into his kingdom, hope you had fun interacting with him and hope he didn't get on all of your nerves too much.

A special thanks to Mliansref for finally giving him coffee to allow me to do the coffee obsessed thing- I tried unsuccessfully for a long time to have someone "introduce" him to coffee, since coffee and dunots just made sense.

And to the Imms, thanks for looking at the bugs I posted, I appreciated it.

Lastly to Mirozah, the one char that made me regret that I wasn't able to go into hero range to better serve as your lackey, even if he always thought in his own mind you were his.
118568, useful feedback
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
BTW, thanks for the bug reports. Field testing reveals all the wonderful problems that testers don't stumble across, and your information was very helpful.

Glad you had fun with Dwunot.
118570, thumbsup!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked watching and interacting with this character. Well done.

=w=
118589, Thanks, and I had one last question/possible bug
Maybe this was a bug, or maybe it was something put on the character, I have no idea. I looked at the PBF and didn't notice anything that I could attribute it to.

I would randomly get an echo at times that stated the following:

Your thoughts become slightly more muddled.
< 1005hp 616mp 929mv civilized 8 AM sober >

Eventually I would get an echo saying my thoughts got clearer, but there was never any adverse effect that showed up and I couldn't think of anything that would be causing it.

I wondered if that was maybe an invisible flaw, as I didn't have any significant piece of gear that I hadn't had with previous chars that I could attribute the effect to, outside of the custom ring. So just wondering if anyone might know what was causing it.

I always assumed it was cause my role said I was a moron suffering from dillusions, but just wanted to make sure it was not a bug or anything else.
118595, a somewhat vague answer
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what your gear looked like, but I can say that it is: (a) not a flaw; and (b) your thoughts becoming more muddled was the result of something wearing off, not starting up.
118596, A less vague reply
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps it was the 'clarity' affect wearing off after scavenging an eyeball?
118610, Scavenging would make sense
And since it was an effect wearing off echo, no wonder I never saw an affect after the echo.

Can't believe I didn't realize that, the full log shows I had the clarity affect that would have fell on the tick when I saw that.
Thanks.