Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Mliansref Tol'Nadir the Redeemer of Chaos, Funny Old Lady of the Inn
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=118448
118448, (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Mliansref Tol'Nadir the Redeemer of Chaos, Funny Old Lady of the Inn
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 17 11:28:29 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Mliansref perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:472
118539, The Long Goodbye
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Farewells

So where to start....I think I would have age died in about 20 hours if I hadn't ate the con death, so lot of people to say toodles to.

Mlian was rolled because I had never played a bard in my 15 years of CF and I figured it was about time.

She was pretty open ended in path save that she wasn't ever going to PK. Part of that was the bad taste the usual petty whiners had left with regards to my last, which was pretty PK aggressive and surprisingly enough the same folks still found some things to whine about.

Heralds:
Shamise, Saersha, Corlx and the rest. Man did we get into some shenanigans! Corlx was the reason Mlian ended up a Herald as I ran into him in the Galadon bar RP with the bartender and we hit it off. He wore me down and into Herald I went. No regrets, because, hey! I'd never played a Herald either! Mlian is the most traveled and explored char I have ever played I think and I got to see a whole bunch of things in the game that I had never seen before.

Whiysdan - top notch as always, if I hadn't just had two successive followers I might have ended up in the cavern again, but I managed to hold off.
Arvam - so happy to have you back and glad to have been part of it all, although I think I carried a green party dress in my pouches for about 350 game hourse in anticipation of this party in the mansion!
Lyriston - another one I was happy to have back, glad I could be part of your return and move things along.

I tried to get as many people involved as I could.

Forties
Most of you who came to the Inn especially Rydell, who Mlian had a soft spot for, were great to travel with. I mean we killed Tiamat twice! Not too shabby. I just wish there were not so many gear grabbers who tagged along, there were somethings I didn't even get a chance to appraise.

Empire
Though Mlian was good, she didn't have too may problems with the Empire, save for Merf and on occasion Ged. Mlian got her revenge in true bard still by eviscerating Merf in prose. The desire for Merf to stop on me was tangible every time he got close, but in true Mlian form she would just say "nanny nanny nah nah!" and he never caught me.

In case no one caught it Mlian was supposed to be quite the child like spirit, wide eyed and filled with wonder. Always up for an adventure and never disappointed when chaos visited. I tried to keep that spirit shining through even as she slipped into old age.

Scion
Apart from Zhenyen you were all of the 'Kill all Heralds' mentality. Zhenyen and I had a nice chat about me killing Sehdara at one point who constantly caught me with my breeches down! *Fistshake* Birdforms!

Although she only successfully got me once in the high lords.

Battle
Most all Battle were cool except those who tried to kick down the door to the Inn to kill mages. Sorry but killing a Herald bard because she 'interfered' after the Herald invoker another villager was trying to kill hit her with a rain of stone, is just tres lame. Yeah yeah I know you wanted to show off your Striking legacy. I should have just shut up and run instead of thinking I could talk sense to you during a fight.
Even Mikhian the Barmy who pulled some crazy crap wasn't so bad. Rusti and I had some good interactions too.

OK man this is getting long, this is the problem with long lived characters!
So with that Merry Christmas, chime in and I'll give my thoughts. I also have almost all of Mlian's life logged if anyone wants to see any fun stuff.
118541, RE: The Long Goodbye
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey that's cool. I've had two Ysal followers and both times I ended up interacting with a Ysal mort and didn't have a clue. So much fun. I find it so entertaining to find out things like this. I had fun interactions with you, I just wish I could recall them better being they were so long ago.

I have to ask, did I do a good job RPing what Ruosti was supposed to be about while seeing me from a different perspective? It's one thing to RP with Ysal in the shrine, but, it's another thing to be able to continue that RP with someone else who seems to be just another random person. I hope I did well.

I have to also ask, were you the herald bard that Bujoch killed for no reason? I can't remember if I spoke to you about it or not, but, that was one of the things that was going to push me to boot him had I not deleted. I love jerry, dont get me wrong, but he puts battle leaders in tough spots sometimes. How do you deal with that as a Battle Imm? Such as seeing a character do something against cabal policy, like you mentioned in your goodbye, as a mort? It kind of seems to me like you imms give the morts quite a bit of leeway with this and hope that mortal leadership does it's job. Is that the way it goes? Do you have conversations about it in immland?

Anyways, great stuff and Merry Christmas!

Ruosti, Inger et al
118547, Hey!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to post this on your death thread, but...

Check your email, homeslice!

118556, Now I get the complete failure to get your attention for empowerment.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My lowbie shaman saw Mlian on a lot at the same time.
118526, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Mliansref Tol'Nadir the Redeemer of Chaos, Funny Old Lady of the Inn
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job! I liked having Mliansref around the Inn. Thanks for all your submissions, too.

=w=
118464, The best!
Posted by Rydell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mliansref.

Absolutely the best! I really enjoyed our interactions as Rydell. One of my favorite heralds of all time. Rydell had a super wierd relationship with you after Rachiel died. Good stuff.

118453, Was hoping for one more visit
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wonderful character, enjoyed the interactions we had, and was fun going places with the Herald crew. Even if y'all ran around like madmen and I didn't know what was happening half the time.

Like Arvam said, the original poetry was great, and the Merf one is one of my favorite player written things ever.

Great job, good luck with the next!
118451, Great Herald
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were an awesome Herald. Always up for an adventure and I got a kick out of the stories and poetry you'd write. That part was actually really what impressed me. It was all original stuff and it all related to stuff that was happening in the game and to you. I got a huge kick out of your poem mocking Merf.

It's really rare to see original works like that which are so well written and incorporate so much of what is actually going on.

Great presence in Herald, great job showing the character age too. A playful woman going to a nice funny old lady curling up in her favorite chair. We'll miss you, GLWYN.
118450, Glad we got to hang out in the end-
Posted by Faenral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would have loved to meet you earlier in life, though our play times rarely ever matched up.

Good luck with your next.
118519, RE: Glad we got to hang out in the end-
Posted by Arthren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll miss you! A shame I couldn't have more interaction with you. Good luck on you our next!