Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Aqageneus the Uki Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=118240
118240, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Aqageneus the Uki Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 5 16:41:20 2013

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Aqageneus perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:91
118265, Well done. Sorry to see this deletion.
Posted by Gilut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN.
118286, Maybe not very soon..
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But probably before Gilut leaves the village, I will have my next villager! Do not forget to induct me again.
118254, Another try to PK.
Well. How many I did? 3? 4? Very few kills I got. But this time, I saw that my PK skills are much better and actually working.
Most of the battles I lost (except half two of my deathes to Sek who just bashed me and I could do absolutely nothing) was because of my connections problems. I also could have much more PKs if I had a better connection too. At last I can say that I can do well in PvP, at least with a delf/assassin/scout.

edges: I picked the edges related to hand to hand fighting mostly. I saw the difference, but in the future, I won't take that path again. (Maybe I would do it with a felar though)
Scout: Very good of a choice for an assassin. I do not remember how many times I safely dodged revelation spells, or area attacks.

Villagers: I do not name you here. But I had a very interesting interaction with you all. All berserkers I interacted with were balls to walls, as they should be.

Empire: Aqageneus was a fan of Empire. I liked any of you I interacted with.

Saguntius: You are the only one I name here, because you are the one I interacted most in Aqageneus's life. I loved our fights. The few times (two?) you got me when we had our head, I was so slowed in my connection, which upset me very much. But still I had not endure up, so you can hit a spell. With endure, you never landed anything on me, which was not much fun even for me. You know, with -71 svs and 100% spellbane and also spell evasion of scouts, you didn't have a chance, did you? Once I was running after you for about 20 real minutes stalking, and when I had about 12 continued stalks, when I was going to assassinate you on eastern, the magistrate bard jumped on you! :(

I should think of a build which is playable with my CRAPPY connection. Maybe a lagger or another stealth with huge damage output (Just rangers?).
118257, This is the ideal build for crappy connection.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you focus on assassination.

You can stalk, stalk, stalk, and then all you need is a few moments of clean connection when you strike.

You're all but unfoggable or revealable by area spells which decreases the likelihood of you unlagging and finding yourself dead.

Think about giving it another shot.
118276, The problem is..
I like to play an assassin like a martial artist, not like an assassinator.
Your point is totally valid though.
118277, Enjoyed what I saw.
Posted by Klibendon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to seeing what you'd do as you got older, but alas.. it shall not come to pass. Anyway, GLWYN.
118285, I wanted to see how it goes too.
But as I said, I couldn't play a martial artist with a laggy connection, successfully. If I was an assassinator, it might have worked.
118278, Quite impressed that this was you. You've come a long way
Posted by Saguntius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it's worth though, two of the times I killed you it was with bash spam, so I really didn't notice anything was up because from my POV you shouldn't have been getting in commands anyway. The other one you didn't have the head and were at centurions and went down fast - I'm not sure that a good connection would have saved you.

But you were among the most difficult of the villagers to deal with because of spell evasion and ridiculous success with spellbane. Since you were an assassin I couldn't even try a dirt/disarm/bash sequence- very frustrating, but I appreciated the challenge.
118284, Thanks.
My svs was -71 with endure/bane as I said, and I had 100% spellbane. I never ate any spell from any chars when I had that -71 up.

About my deaths, I do not ever blame you, and I am sure that you have had avoided fighting if you knew I am getting big lags. Probably I could get a vanish between those bashes, probably not. So It's wrong to say that I lost two of them to my connection. But I lost one of them to my wrong decision, and your good show.

I have come to this:
My connection has about 500ms average ping time to CF, but at times I get about 2s ping time average over a minute. I also have packet drop of about 7% average toward CF.
In PKs (and some vs mobs) the lag gets much worth. I think it's because there are huge amounts of text which causes the packet drop and delay show themselves much more.

Anyway, I loved to fight you and learned from our fights.
118287, I feel your pain.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Try to experiment with packet size maybe. Smaller ones tend to be lost less often. Have brief mode on.

I liked what little I saw of Aka Genius.
118302, I have tried packet size to no avail.
Also Window size and such. I cannot ping 8.8.8.8/4.4.4.4/... well enough either. So it's my network problem.

I also use brief mode and small prompt.

With which char of yours this assassin interacted?
118309, Sorry. Still active. (n/t)
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
118241, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Aqageneus the Uki Goshi
Posted by Morrow on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. I liked your character.
118252, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Aqageneus the Uki Goshi
Building a good relationship with Empire and especially shadow was one of Aqageneus's goals. Though I couldn't find any other mages to hunt, other than the black sect.

I liked all the Imperials I interacted with too.