Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Alauviel Tar'Monaghan the Half-Dryad
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117995
117995, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Alauviel Tar'Monaghan the Half-Dryad
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 15 06:40:36 2013

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Alauviel perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:131
118012, Well done.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really hoping you'd be the one to pick up where I left off as Azhelak. Though I know how real life can get in the way of the fun all too well.

As I think I eluded to in my death thread I was apprehensive about the whole angle when it was first presented but you ended up being a crucial part of all of our story lines. Many moments stick out but the way you struggled with the morality of the Warden path in light of all the bloodshed really stood out as an excellent approach to the rp. It also gave Azhelak a lot to think about in terms of how he approached the never-ending war and battle.

I hope we cross paths again.
118016, RE: Well done.
Posted by Agraemas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You played a great father figure. You were quiet, stern and had an extremely solid grasp of your morals which helped me to better form my own. Thanks for everything! ("You never have a need to thank me, Alauviel.")

See you in the fields!
118006, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Alauviel Tar'Monaghan the Half-Dryad
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a real shame the character tapered off like that. The Alauviel quest was good fun to run with Ama and Azhelak et al. There was a point where we weren't sure if your character would be a good-aligned druid, or something evil and very Reaver-esque.

The option was left in Amaranthe's hands as I tentatively waited to see what the outcome would be, and I had some role specific ideas in either outcome. As it stood the good-aligned route brought Mendos back from the brink of madness and despair.

It's a shame the heroimm process took me away from potential interactions, there was an interesting dynamic going on between our "family." As it stood though, my con was dwindling rapidly with some sucky odds, so I think the imm team moved to avoid con death.

I hope you enjoyed the brief character, the role and the opportunity. I understand RL getting in the way of gaming, I think most players do.

Take it easy and hope you liked the name which I gave you, as part of the quest line.

Mendos.
118010, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Alauviel Tar'Monaghan the Half-Dryad
You picked the name? Nice! I thought it was awesome and often thought a silent "Thank you" to Amaranthe, thinking she picked it out for me.

You inspired a lot of the rage for Alauviel's search for duergar. It's a shame I was so terrible at pk. I almost dreaded the idea of meeting up with any actual duergar because I figured I'd botch the battle if I did.
118003, I will miss our conversations
Posted by Leyras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Flawlessly RPed character. I greatly enjoyed our conversations.
Leyras confided in your char like no other mortal; you really got past his reticence and defensiveness. The contributions you made to the dynamics of what was going on were invaluable; Cavani is a great Sunwarden, but I disappeared partially to help ensure you'd get it if you were trying.

118009, RE: I will miss our conversations
Thanks. It really means a lot. I wasn't totally sure where I was going with my character at times and those conversations really helped me gain some direction.
118001, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Alauviel Tar'Monaghan the Half-Dryad
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a shame when your hours dropped off. The outlander imm staff was eyeballing you as the next Sunwarden. GLWYN
117998, Death thread
HUGE thank you to Amaranthe. That role contest was by far the most amazing time I've ever had in CF. If you ever want to do another and want help please let me know. I loved it. kingdavid127@gmail.com

I'd never done a druid or a female character before much less a good female druid, but it was amazing. Loved the politics within Outlander and met some really amazing characters.

As far as goodbyes go, if you post I'll reply!
117997, Little Sister
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great, great character, saw nothing but good RP from you every time. You were a lot of fun to run around with, and the first interaction we had is easily at the top of my reasons to play CF; couple or three or four hours of RP while exploring, playing off the environment and each other.

Was nice to interact with another character, rather than react to it. Best of luck with your next if there is one.

K
118000, RE: Little Sister
That quest was a blast. We ran all over and treated an automated quest like it was the real deal. I added you to my role after that little adventure btw.

You did an amazing job. Sadly, I went to Mongolia for several weeks right at our peak and then afterward I spent most of my time trying to catch up. Loved all our interactions though!
118005, I still have the sprig. STILL ~
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
118011, Hahaha. Sorry about that... (Impressive though!) (nt)
No text
117996, You will be missed!
Posted by Andira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you so much for letting Andira play the part of Alauviel's life that she did. It fit perfectly into my role and somewhat hilariously into Azhelak's. You were flawlessly RP'd and my only regret is that I didn't see more of you.
117999, RE: You will be missed!
I had a blast roleplaying with you. You were a solid character and honestly one of the best role-players I've ever seen.

Really amazing.

Favorite part: Hunting in the Whistlewood for the flowers you pick up off the ground. I loved being in such a terrible area for such a trivial reason.