Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Aglaron the Weaver of the Elements, Drunken Scribbler of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117886
117886, (DELETED) [HERALD] Aglaron the Weaver of the Elements, Drunken Scribbler of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 8 00:36:14 2013

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Aglaron perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:330
117908, Closing Remarks.
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was an interesting run. I made Aglaron initially as a throw away alt. I was playing Toktok at the time and when I had had my fill of Cabal wars, I would switch over and play a happy-go-lucky young mage that just wanted to learn and adventure.

He joined the Heralds on a random invite to the Inn from Corlx and fell in love with the idea of it and the possible adventures he could have. He wanted to be the go to guy for an adventure and to learn everything there was to see. Before he was 51 he had nearly 50K combined obs/expl exp. (Which I found out doesn't buy many edges for an invoker.) He shared any and all knowledge he had with anyone and everyone who asked no matter their purpose. He also charitably gave gear away to anyone and attempted to use it as a starting point for discussion of adventure.

Along the way the character started evolving and growing up, as all characters should. He became less and less focused on adventure He focused on sharing knowledge, and gaining his own (mastering spells). After having His own unsanctioned trifles with battle he became more mage-centric.

Here is where my fun stick went down hill. I couldn't bring myself to write roles for this character. I thought he spoke well enough for himself with the populations of CF. Character then player grew to resent being called the "drunken scribbler". It was a title given to me in less than 100 hours of play and no matter what I (the mage) did, uncovered, or whom I did battle with... I was always known or called, "scribbler". The character uncovered and put together the mystery of the dreams people were having, and the return of gods. He mastered all seven paths even when two paths were 3, and 2 affinity. He aided many with knowledge and research from the "Lyceum". Still he was only called, and known as a drunken scribbler... He was never much of a herald in that he didn't put on events. I did drag many out on adventures though.

I had future plans of attempting to put together a mage only city that kept out all non-mages, much like an amplified consortium. I also was planning on a meeting with all the mages to discuss funding of this and I had at least one rich mortal backer. In the end I just couldn't gather any more steam for this character and slowly stopped logging in. I gave all of my gear to an mid-ranked mage and then deleted.

Goodbyes:

Herald:

Saersha: Lovely character and a true Herald. Loved the discussions and chats we had on the works and writings about thera, and how you inspired the adventure of the abandon siege encampment.

Corlx: You were a svirf-in-arms with me most of the time. Sadly you chose a rat over me. Ha! j/k. I can't tell you how many times I recklessly cast when you were around. Sometimes it was on purpose and other times it was a case of, "oops! I should have logged and gone to sleep sooner."

Captain Nelly: Thanks for the blessings and aid when I was searching for ABS/Exploring. I truly though it was old Whiysdan because you always struck me as the harsh task master. That is my experience with Gortanvil, and Aglaron. From then on I always playfully teased you and took my hail pelting that I knew were coming. Would have like to pursue getting to know you a bit more and your religion.

Whiysdan: We had one fun chat. You're a great Imm, keep up the good work.

To all the heralds that came and went: We had fun and I tried to make it a happy place for you.

Becaid: Thanks for the adventures as well. You might as well have been a herald for how you hung with us and traveled with nearly only us.

Battle:

To all of you: Thanks for the fights and the good sportsmanship. I never had a bad moment between any of you.

You do however show me that, unless I have ABS, there is NEVER a point to fight Berserkers as a mage. Scouts and Defenders are a hard fight but at no point had I felt that it wasn't my skill against theirs.

Thanks to the villagers that stuck around and let me really test all my spells out and attempt to kill you. You know who you are, and I thank you.

Orcs:

Ruk - I loved to hate you and enjoyed all our fights when I was younger. Our play times didn't match up as much when I had all seven paths mastered I think we would have had some good ones. Top notch Orc.

Yeg - I enjoyed being your enemy as Toktok and I enjoyed our friendship as Aglaron. I was always backing you and attempting to help you so that it would keep Ruk down.

There were so many of you that I interacted with over the 330 hours. That beat Toktok's hours by 100.

Reply and I'll respond.

Thanks for all the fish!

Perpetual_Noob,
Aglaron
Toktok
Drogdenbaryd
Gortanvil
etc...
117890, Lost the fun stick.
I'll post most later. I'll respond to any goodbyes in the mean time.
117893, RE: Lost the fun stick.
Posted by Klibendon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the fights that we had, although there weren't many. I try not to be a fun stick hider and did push for pure fights where you were ready and not running into the Inn, etc. As a previous, we had different encounters and overall, both were good experiences. I hope you're able to find the fun stick again and when you do, good luck with your next.
117900, You didn't take my fun stick. :-D
Thank you for the re-match and everything. I wasn't quite prepared for the first fight and I stuck around longer than I should have. The second fight I put everything I could think of, and in the end... #1 rule is you never fight RBW with out ABS. Ever! I never whined when I lost, I just took it on the chin and attempted to figure out what I could do. Sometimes there was nothing.
117888, Wait... Wat?
Posted by Faenral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww man... Say it ain't so... Push the undelete button!