Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Bulga El'Ham the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117882
117882, (DELETED) [None] Bulga El'Ham the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 7 21:12:37 2013

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Bulga perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:599
117895, A paragon of gnomes
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117903, Just because someone ranks you and gives you gear....
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..doesn't make them a good RPer. Yes they are a good person and helped people with stuff, but this character was awful in so far as RP is concerned and mostly just hoarded and distributed upper end gear while ranking newbies.
117904, As Judge Smails once said
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"The world needs ditchdiggers too."
117905, Doesn't have to be what you call a "good RPer" to be a net positive to the game
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least, as far as I'm concerded. Furthermore, they weren't "awful" in RP - maybe there wasn't much by way of 'unique' or 'creative' in their speech but at the same time there was nothing jarring. Which puts them above many others, in fact.
117909, This attitude, that every character must be "the best" or "a best effort" should go away.
Posted by vargal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF is already hard. We really don't need an elitist community belittling anyone who isn't exactly good at the intellectual aspect of the game, whether that be for language reasons or simply lack understanding/maturity. If that means having to suck it up and do your best to remain in character while someone "seems/sounds OOC", then you have to suck it up because you're the better player. Period.

That said, it seems like we (right now) have a very very bad hoarding problem going on in game.
117910, RE: This attitude, that every character must be
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It isn't like I went OOC on them IC to discuss their poor RP. This character caused me a lot of frustration because I had him as an ally and an enemy and never really got a good interaction out of him. I'm not sure thats part of being in an elitist community or just trying to be like...yo dude, you would be a better player if you tried harder at X Y and Z instead of just logging in and quitting, not RPing, and spamming eq and locate object in your guild...now I mean obviously the guy really loved those things because the character was around for a while, but I've always figured people won't change unless you point #### out to them. If you want to say 'this guy doesn't need to change' that is fine, and I really would be fine with CF if he didn't change at all, I just felt like the player would benefit from it and probably have more fun, I know I would.

I don't really have a problem with people hoarding the good gear if they're actually using it to do things other than guild/inn sit.

tl;dnr....I want shinies too and with the code changes that prevent good gear from showing up based on player count hoarding is more noticeable/detrimental to me having them.
117911, People who play shapeshifters should be banned anyway.
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a terrible class played by terrible people.
117916, RE: People who play shapeshifters should be banned anyw...
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
LOL. I wouldn't call the guy 'a terrible person' because he doesn't speak English well.

Hording is a part of the game btw. You don't deserve a piece of gear more than anyone else. The only time I find it a real problem is when you're talking about good-aligned gear, where you actually have to *WAIT FOR THE GUY TO DELETE* to get it...lol. That kinda sucks...
117953, Your statements are illogical and irrelevant
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If the character was actively distributing gear, I'm not sure what "hoard" means. Does hoard mean it was wearing something you wanted and you couldn't kill it?

Whether or not the character was P vs E, which is a perfectly fine way to play the game, or helped newbies rank, is about as irrelevant to the quality of his RP while doing so as whether they were a good person.

Moreover, if he's mowing down some of the toughest NPCs in the game in order to get said gear, he's obviously doing far more than guild sitting. Nor is guild sitting exactly safe when you've got random scion shifters and ragers around, amongst others, unless his RP was good enough to really be friends with everybody. There's a few Heralds who can tell you about how safe inn sitting is against orcs and ragers.

If you couldn't interact with him, consider that maybe your supercilious attitude leaks into the game and makes characters who are actually focused on enjoying their time uninterested or uninspired by you.

I will say that this character was a fine gnome. Random, whimsical, spoke well for a flighty gnome, and above all, actually neutral -- not your garden variety murdergnomeshifter. He could have been a Herald with very little change to his RP, I think.

Hopefully, Bulga, you try again and do a Herald sometime :)

117914, RE: A paragon of gnomes
Posted by Bulga on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never wanted to be someone special in this game. In fact as I said on another note I was here mostly to help me learn english better as Im from Quebec. If I used a lot of shapeshifter its because it was simplier for me to interact with others and see how they were writing english. It was hard for me sometime to keep the line of the play using my online translator to be able to continue without losing the line of the fun I was also searching. Roleplaying on higher sphere (hero and such powerfull players) is not so easy. I used a lot of time locate object and generosity to interact with others. This Bulga had a lot of interaction with succes. From the Empire to the Chasm or the Fortress . You cant immagine how it was funny to get good only equipment from an Imperial friend and 3 or 4 days later giving this piece to a young elf... I did try my best with what I can do. I know my syntax is not great or my vocabulary is simple. But This game was a good way to upgrade it.
I also was during all those year more others... I forgot some... of course I was adective

Poluikanthik Neutral Arial Conjurer
Einor Good Arial Conjurer Fortress
Wraol Neutral Felar Ranger None
Eoal Good Arial Conjurer Tribunal
Pioche Good Drawf Fighter (flail, polearm)None
Morkam Good Dwarf Fighter (flail, polearm)Tribunal
Erasmus Good Arial Conjurer Tribunal
Rochefort Neutral Cloud Fighter (sword, hands) None
Ventdunord Neutral Cloud Fighter (sword, hands) Tribunal
Soctophoy Good Arial Conjurer Tribunal
Torpkarnork Good Arial Conjurer - 35 -
Fokzopxowboq Neutral Gnome Shifter (offense, air) Nexus
Thonkly Neutral Dwarf Warrior (flail, sword) Nexus
Yohnerk Neutral Gnome Shifter (wolf,Komodo) Nexus
Wraowl Neutral Felar Fighter (staff, hands) None
Tordoak Neutral Svirf Ranger Tribunal
Jokanioetiq Neutral Gnome Shifter (lion,diamondsnake
Wvarm Good Human Conjurer
Tockerah Evil Fire Warrior
Galopin Chaotic Gnome Shifter (jaguar, pachyderm)
Hoklemthurg Lawfull Gnome Shifter (rhino, vulture) Tribunal
Bulga Chaotic Gnome Shifter (komodo, wolverine
Traqux Neutral Cloud Ranger - 40 - Nexus
Beija Neutral Arial Ranger (bedoin, animist) Nexus

Thank to you all.. Im sorry if I did something wrong but I did try to survive in this game and never remembering to try to get some fun too...
117917, I liked this char
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And seriously, playing Carrionfields to learn English - I commend you, that's some nice dedication.
117932, I didn't know this one.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I've enjoyed several of the characters on that list.

Keep it up.