Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Naldigar Zun the Scarred Sentinel of the Palace, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117719
117719, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Naldigar Zun the Scarred Sentinel of the Palace, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 30 03:40:12 2013

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Naldigar perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:153
117787, Good fights
Posted by Dwybaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Great fighting you. Alone I always knew it was going to be a strength game. Who could sap each others stats first and by how much.

Have to say it was quite the surprise to me as well when I was standing there watching you and Gharzal inspect the #### you looted from me only to have Trenloch come in and wax you both.

I don't mind dying to see something like that happen. Hah.

Just like everyone in Empire though. Combined with a another power combo profession which Empire has a plethora of..you are all very dangerous. Thanks for the fights.
117800, That fight would have gone much differently.....
Posted by Naldigar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I had pincered Trenloch instead of Gharzal :( . Both of those fights were pre-coffee that day so the whole sequence was just overwhelming.
117806, Pincering Gharzal
Posted by Dwybaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I was unaware that happened. Classic.

Anyways, good luck out there.

117772, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Naldigar Zun the Scarred Sentinel of the Palace, Imperial War Master
Posted by Gedunthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to con die in a little over a month. A fine example to future generations of run in front of everything that attacks blades. Too bad about not being able to kill those attackers terribly often. I'm sure other players gunning for leader positions would agree too, good to have one that goes like fireworks. Short lived, and causing a big raucous.

All of this is honest to god compliments, I'm with Destuvius on this one. Largely a fan of blades who just keep on getting up and coming back, even though it looks cooler when you just barely ever drop. GLWYN
117799, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Naldigar Zun the Scarred Sentinel of the Palace, Imperial War Master
"Too bad about not being able to kill those attackers terribly often"

With fights that did seem to kinda go my way, I think if I had gone Mace instead of Axe I would have had like 12 PKWS instead of 6. I know for next time now.
117720, If you play a combo that kinda sucks.....
Don't be surprised when you suck.

Anyway, this wasn't a true con death, but I wasn't gonna have much time the next week or so, and as heavy as blade was getting around hero ranks, I thought it best if I just went ahead and got out of the way. Plus with a record of 6 and 73 (or something like that), I wasn't really sure how qualified Naldigar was to be War Master anyway, he was just coming up as Empire was bottoming out this cycle. The build was ok in a few situations (axe/flail, ward/ forsaken), but really bad in a lot more. Fort lost a lot of numbers right as I was ranking up. I tended to be around quite a bit when village had high numbers, and I just got smeared.

Goodbyes

Destuvius: I think you are exactly the presence the player base has been saying would have people flocking to Empire. Hopefully, having everything you do second guessed on forums doesn't turn into burning out quickly.

Gedunthos: Gratz on Emperor. I feel like I bailed on you a bit, but think overall it was better to let things get moving in the sect. Good luck with everything.

Gharzal: Thanks for being cool about that incident :(.

Merf: Thanks for War Master

Anyone else post and I'll reply.

117721, How did you like Forsaken Thoughts?
Posted by Xermn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN you masochist.
117723, RE: How did you like Forsaken Thoughts?
Left alone I could solo the Watcher in a reasonable amount of time even with axes. With 60ish + saves, I did really well against shaman. with 30ish saves, Shaman had their way with me. Paladins still hurt.

I was planning on calming, but I was still face tanking with ward, so since there weren't any mages I was worried about I took forsaken instead just for the extra damage reduction against weapons I thought I might be seeing quite a bit.
117722, I was a HUGE fan
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even if Merf wouldn't have made you War Master, I would have. In my opinion, its not a presence like me that helped turn around Empire. It was a presence like you. You would go forth and rock it out pretty much non-stop against the good, the bad and the ugly odds. Those are the things that I flock to as a player and I think other people did as well. I hope that you had fun with it, and I can't wait to see what you do next.
117724, RE: I was a HUGE fan
Thank you! I tend to always have the same play style PVP regardless of what I am playing. Some of my builds can handle that kind of abuse. Some can't. I would put Naldigar in the second category.
117749, How dare you not recognize my charity!
Posted by Aglaron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN

Damn, sorry was meant to be under goodbye thread.
117752, Thanks for the stuff!
Helped me out a lot early on.
117726, Thumbs up
Posted by Ishtugar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Naldigar and think you were a good leader.
You asked about your blades coming and goings.
You set clear goals.
You gave feedback.

Thanks for promotions. I would have liked to meet again after the vote, but
things don't always go to plan. The report I had prepared will go to waste, but
then again, Ishtugar isn't really supposed to be that literate.

GLWYN.
117735, RE: Thumbs up
Sorry I didn't get to see you some once you got your legacies. Making room for you and Xermn to get back to elite was part of my reason for deleting though (That and I was dieing 8 times a login).
117727, Easy to say, I liked you from the Start.
Posted by Klibendon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As everyone has noted, seeing you face some tough odds later in your life, I was impressed. To me, you were darn tough. Those overheads were just brutal. I recall taking an obliterate through my resist and I don't think you were even using a blunt axe at the time. Needless to say, I feared those attacks.

Something else I liked was the evil RP, slaughter villagers until it lay in ruin, a nice touch to our conversations.

I think I have a couple logs of is fighting if you'd like me to post them, I can, but most of my deaths I didn't save. And good luck with whatever you do next.
117734, RE: Easy to say, I liked you from the Start.
Feel free to post. The last time we fought, I wielded an axe with an acidic attack instead the crushing one I meant to after I got you entwined, so was busting out little letters instead of the demos I was expecting :( . I enjoyed our talks.
117728, I enjoyed our fights a lot.
Posted by Fidengumg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You took them well and then ranked up beyond me. You were a solid Imperial and possessed a depth to your character that other current imperials don't.

GLWYN
117737, RE: I enjoyed our fights a lot.
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are some pretty good Imperials, they just may not chat with enemies as much as I tend to.

We had some good fights that you handled exactly they way a thief needs to.
117730, You were difficult
Posted by Cav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

It got increasingly harder to land supplications on you and you hit a lot so it often took many attempts.

Can i ask if you discerned any affects from Havoc(usually the supplication with red text that appears) or any difficulties from wrack?

From our battles they seemed to do very little but costed a lot of mana.
117736, RE: You were difficult
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember noticing things more directly from things Gaxgoy landed. The time you landed those, I was more interesting in running away, so didn't necessarily pick up on what they did, and fleeing around in prosimy with insects and a beast chasing made me even less observant.
117731, RE: If you play a combo that kinda sucks.....
Posted by Dalenvyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our late night/early morning fights. I tend to keep random and weird hours so it was fun to have an opponent that wasn't Soviatos for a change. Our fights were pretty good. You were usually a couple hits from winning before I'd figure something out and get a kill.

It was definitely refreshing to see someone always willing to come at you even if you took a beating. I like that fearless attitude and having no real worry/fear of dying. Good luck with your next!
117738, RE: If you play a combo that kinda sucks.....
Our fights usually had me saying "This is easy, keep going" right up until I died.

Worry fear of dying dissipates a bit as when it's one on one, few people around, and you are pretty sure who you are fighting won't take anything.
117732, Mrrr
Posted by Nyst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sure you were pissed off recently after what seemed like a string
of deaths to reavers but from my POV, you didn't really
try to avoid me or back down from confrontation (kudos).

When you raid the Tree with Gedunthos, Rahzeez, Nopilopil and Damolo
I'm going to focus on those I perceive are the weakest links re: how quickly
I can take em out. In that situation it was you first, then Rahzeez, then Damolo.

Similar situation when I snared you, Merf and Yegtheg. The orc is not a direct
enemy, even though he's helping empire and masochism will probably save him
whatever I do. So between you and Merf, you are going down first :-)

Overall, I thought you played a solid imperial, and you did get to save merf
in the cave, which i thought was great RP.

GLWYN

117733, RE: Mrrr
I got frustrated the one day because I died to you three times pretty close together, but the last time I should have known you were around and likely close so it's on me for going in the wilds.

The time in the cave, I could have gotten away, but coming back to unsnare the Emperor seemed liked a good idea.

Great presence for the tree.
117741, RE: Mrrr
Posted by Chaille on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That last death on the mount, was trying to draw in the fort gang from the ocean/river. I knew you had just died to some reavers, while I was resting out a Damolo bleed, but I didn't feel too bad about dragging you into Nyst's snare, since you were just standing there waiting to jump me the moment you unghosted (and did). It had a suicidal feel to it, to me.
117742, RE: Mrrr
I just got too excited about seeing a one on one fight I could possibly win (at least make you run) that I didn't consider the possibility that Nyst was still close by which I should have since I was unghosting from dying to the three of you not to long before.
117746, You always were willing to fight.
Posted by Gilut Fargyth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked that you were always willing to fight.

I wish I would have roleplayed with you more.

Well done from what I saw.

Your build was hard to do, but I like that you tried it and stuck with it.

GLWYN

Gilut
117754, RE: You always were willing to fight.
We talked some early on, but didn't seem like it continued once we could fight each other.

I think I might have had something in my tool kit to beat you, but I never lasted long enough to figure it out, so it was just a lot of me getting steamrolled. If I knew I was going to be fighting villagers as much at hero as I was instead of fort, I would have probably taken polearm instead of flail for my second spec and might have been a little less of a punching bag.
117750, RE: If you play a combo that kinda sucks.....
Posted by Halifan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry we didn't get a chance to interact too much, but I enjoyed the few brief moments in between fighting.

One clarification: the time I ate it hard to Gedunthos after reverting over your corpse (which would make for a GREAT log by the way, with the Benny Hill theme song playing in the background) and uttered 'Pathetic.' was actually towards myself. You may have thought that was me taunting you, but it wasn't. You're one of the few Imperials that I didn't really have any issues with.

Cheers mate.
117753, RE: If you play a combo that kinda sucks.....
uttered 'Pathetic.' was actually towards myself

My response was to that effect I believe. Even if it wasn't, I never get to wrapped up in what someone might say after a PK loss.

One on one I never had a shot against you. That last time you got me though, I would have been ok if I had quaffed my return instead of quapping it.
117804, Wow.
Posted by Myrdindil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved this guy. I know I wasn't supposed to root for you but I kinda
did all the way through. :)
Things were rough for you against me for a while, and I went all soft
thinking I'd cut you some slack, and then you started stomping me...
So I went F-that! and it did me not one bit of good. Nice work!

Sorry I didn't make it back around before the end, but we both sort of
knew that would happen. GLWYN!!!!!

117813, You may have been my favorite char this time around.
I sensed somewhat of a kindred spirit in play style and outlook on the game. Once I had saves and forsaken thoughts, shaman was a pretty good fight for me.