Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Trabbi the Druid of Frost
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117599
117599, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Trabbi the Druid of Frost
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Oct 22 21:29:52 2013

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Trabbi perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:druid
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:95
117600, Was fun.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I definitely regretted being a gnome, but that was the only thing. I had a lot of fun with Trabbi. HOnestly, it has been weeks since I've been able to play much and things seemed to change a lot as far as enemies and allies were concerned. I'll keep the goodbyes brief and respond if necessary.

It was nice to win a role contest again and the prizes were certainly cool. Getting ignite was fun as it definitely fit my backstory. Fast Chameleon was cool too. I can't remember what else there was.

Avram - Thank for giving me a shot. You were fun and easy to work with...not easy like things weren't a challenge, but just enough of one that it was cool and not burdensome trying to get empowered. I think that is what often makes empowerment so annoying to people. You rocked and I hope I did justice to the ideas.

Ruk - You were a strong foe.

Anyway, thanks to everyone and hopefully in a few months I'll have some time and the drive to play again. I moved from Portland Oregon where my job was good but extremely boring. Living in the Chicago area now and my job here is keeping me doing 10 to 12 hour days. Not really what I want for hours, but the challenge is much better. I used to be able to play from work...that ain't happening anymore. :) Anyway, see yall around.

117601, RE: Was fun.
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Trabbi. I felt bad on our first interaction since I only had a tiny bit of time but saw you needed some juice so I did something quick to at least get you on your way. I know how much it sucks as you level up and having to wait for the empowerment part.

You really grew unto your own and you were fun to watch as you did the Outlander thing. I remember chatting with folks and thinking you might be a good Harbinger candidate, but that was right when RL must've spiked for you since you kinda fell off the map.

Either way, good choice coming to Chicago. Great city, best pizza on the planet and Derrick Rose is priming to tear it up in the NBA this year. Hope you like it there. :)
117618, You rock man
Hey, I don't mind short and sweet interactions at all. I'm just very glad that you are back and active..we needed a presence like you in the game. Chicago is my favorite large city...and has been for a long time. Probably the fact that this was the first place I visited the cheesecake factory. Anyway...my brother has lived in the Rock Falls area of Illinois for like 15 years so moving here was basically al about moving closer to family. Not sure about the Bulls...as I'm a Detroit fan all the way (though to be honest I could care less about the NBA). My office is full of Tigers, Spartans, and Red Wings stuff...and I'm getting some "love" for that. Anyway, thanks for everything.
117622, You lie!
Posted by TheProphet1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chicago pizza is good, but pales in comparison to good NY pizza. Sorry.
117623, RE: You lie!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let's not say things you'll regret when you sober up. :)
117646, I'll forgive you for being uncultured with a bad palate...
... as long as you throw me some edges and a 4th legacy
117645, +1
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being from NY, and having visited Chicago and "sampled the best pizza"...NY pizza takes the gold.
117691, Just gonna leave this here...
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-great-american-menu-foods-of-the-states-ranked-an-1349137024
117693, Bratwurst at 33rd totally offended :P
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How is that in any way behind corn dog? and bull testicles... Seriously. :P

Mmmm, Bratwurst with chipotle mustard and onions is amazing.
117694, I was thinking the same thing
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Except without the onions. Yuck-o.
117710, Thank God I checked the forums.
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because this is probably the most important discussion on the forums this year.

First off, NY pizza and Chicago pizza are apples and oranges. Just because they are both called pizza doesn't mean they are comparable. If you compare NY deep dish to Chicago deep dish, Chicago wins. If you go thin crust, NY wins. C'mon people.

Bratwurst should always be eaten with onions, sorry Raybaerz.

Further... if one wants to explore bratwurst in Chicago, and indeed all types of encased meats, one goes to Hot Doug's on North California. It is, perhaps, my favorite place on earth.

See you next year,
Stunna
117712, Sauerkraut > onions (at least for wursts) ~
Posted by Leaf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
117715, When I'm in Chicago...
I like me some wet italian beef sandwich.
117716, RE: When I'm in Chicago...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Certainly, we can agree that wet Italian beef is the boss.
117763, It is - sopping wet is delish.
I don't even *mind* Chicago-style deep dish pizza, but my preference is for NY-style 99% of the time.
117602, We had a lot of fun battles
Posted by Ruk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to give you credit for being so ballsy and effective even with that glaring gnome vuln. Good luck in your new city.
117615, I almost got you that one time in the grove.
When all the druids started attacking you. Man..I wanted that so bad. I think I knew that was my only real chance.
117625, You did get me
Posted by Ruk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On kiadana, I was trying to rank. You were a ghost. You unghosted hit me with a hunt while I fought a monk paladin and a healer and when I tried to run I hit your brambles and you walked in for the death blow.

Was a rough day for Ruk
117649, Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.
Said Paladin complained when I attacked them after. :)
117603, Bugger!
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the next Harbinger! But, then the hours tailed off...oh well, come back when you can.
117616, RE: Bugger!
Thanks. I had a feeling I was in line, but I wasn't sure what moving would do. Well, the place I'm working at is a bigger mess than I thought it would be, so I'm working a lot...even right now from home. :) I'm very very glad that you are back.
117611, RE: Was fun.
Posted by Chaille on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man, I kept hoping you'd ramp your play times back up. Was looking forward to more PK with you in hero range, and you definitely had Harbinger if you wanted it.

Thanks for showing me through Trothon, and running our ranking sessions.
117617, My pleasure
Yeah..with my briars and such..all we needed was full moon to tear some stuff up! I had fun with you for sure. One of the things I like to do with all of my characters is show people, in character, different places and things that they might not know. Glad I could share some Trothon with you. We struggled more than I thought we would!