Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Valanthiriel the Chakra of Love, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117230
117230, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Valanthiriel the Chakra of Love, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 2 16:21:28 2013

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Valanthiriel perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:216
117235, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Valanthiriel the Chakra of Love, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Chaille on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Classy enemy, enjoyed our interactions (if limited). You were the first to die of malice, so I hope I didn't go OOC in probing you for information.
117232, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Valanthiriel the Chakra of Love, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Valanthiriel, Chakra of Love. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Where does one even start?
I want to start by saying CF has been a favorite past time of mine for sometime now. I started playing in 6th grade with no clue as to what I was doing. But i've seen the growth and I truly appreciate the playerbase as well as the Imm's. I seem to always have to delete some of my favorite chars during huge moves in my life. Thevara was deleted as I started college. And now Valanthiriel is getting deleted as I leave for Navy basic training within two weeks time. I simply knew I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to my position anymore nor this char and thought it was best I pull the plug. Le sigh

Monks have been a favorite of mine due to their great offense/defense.
And pretty much having every tool in your list of skills and prayers necessary for successful logins. Over time I've come to learn just how to fight with them, my capabilities and my disadvantages as a monk. And although they aren't mastered I did rather well for myself. Charity/Temperance made me feel nearly unstoppable at times. Until of course I started to get cocky and made rather foolish mistakes. I would say by far my most successful monk was Valanthiriel. And an Elf/Acolyte/Monk. With the high int/mana reserves/spirit link. Pressing delete on this char sucked but alas I'm preparing to start a new chapter in my own book.

Valanthiriel's role was that she was created of seven sisters. Each embodying a different chakra. Love, Spirituality, Survival, Power, Sex, Perception, Expression. The prophecy was that only one would live on to be the vessel for all seven. As the other six were destined to block their chakra's and in turn succumb to darkness. Valanthiriel was to be the one to live and spend majority of her life learning how to balance her power with the guidance of the light. Lady Rayihn was a natural choice and as usual I had a roleplaying experience that was enjoyable and refreshing all the way through. Thank you is hardly expresses how I feel for the many times I've spent with you.

I've interacted with a few characters along the way. Make your post and Ill write back quickly.
117233, This was a really cool char...
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really dug your RP and thought you were pretty cool in general. That being said, the massive amount of Fortress people kinda drowned you out (like any goodie right now).

Transition to the dark side!

GLWYN
117234, RE: This was a really cool char...
Ahead of the game lol that was something I forgot to mention in my goodbyes!!! But yes there is way to many of us in the fortress that it's hard to actually enjoy your character. Although had I had the time I would've just waited it out.
117238, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Valanthiriel the Chakra of Love, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't get to interact a great deal with you as our times weren't lined up too well, but I did enjoy the interactions we had and thought you were a well played character.

Best of luck with real life, hope you find time to come back to us again in the future.
117239, Well it was enjoyable while it lasted.
Posted by Myrdindil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed this one, and Thevara too! :)
I'd say more knowing now you were both, but I'll give too much away.
Best of luck with whatever you go on to.
117241, RE: Well it was enjoyable while it lasted.
Posted by Valanthiriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sure loved watching you blossom. The shamans paths are something refreshing so I jumped on that train the best way I knew how by living through you vicariously and coming to understand you're new found strengths...and weaknesses. I wish you the best. And I do hope to hear who you are when you kick the bucket a LONG LONG LONG...time from now hehe
117245, Thanks for the talk.....
Posted by Mezont on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Appreciate the time and insight. Liked your RP. Felt it was exactly the way our conversation should have went. Good luck at basic. Come back when you can.
117267, RE: Thanks for the talk.....
Our talk was a good one, and I respected your strong will and mind. Towards the end I had to let vanity peak its ugly head out in a fit for dominance. And I hope you did not take it in a horrid way.
117246, It was just yesterday that you were trying to die in the Spider Haunt woods with me.
Posted by Aglaron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You evolved as a monk... I worried for you while you were leveling.

Great fun character. GLWYN
117248, Thanks for the ingame goodbye.
Posted by Fangy the healer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Valan. I was hoping you could stick it out for a while longer. I did not think you made a good Cardinal at first. But as I got to know your character, I started to like her more and more. Like she was growing on me. Thanks for all the fun chats and all the times we took together.

I really liked the storyline you created. Too bad we did not have more time. I wish you the best. Good luck with your next.
117266, RE: Thanks for the ingame goodbye.
May I ask what about me, made you think I was not fit for Cardinal? I was not the soft and squishy type of priest who thought that my only duty was to heal and preach. The way I was brought to leadership and the words shared with Corrlaan shown me that he thought my dynamics were interesting and worked and I wanted to use those in my duties. To be the archon, who would pray and preach of warming light. But be willing to use her light to sear the wicked when the time was necessary. We clashed quite a bit when it came to dogma and how things should be done. But I welcomed it. A few times I felt as if you wished to overstep your boundaries forgetting I was in fact Cardinal. But you would always have me do as I knew was right in the end. I wish you all the best.
117275, RE: Thanks for the ingame goodbye.
Posted by Fangy the Healer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it was the way you chased after the wicked that made me think so. But when you first got to be Cardinal I felt that you were showing off your Maran side more than your Acolyte/Cardinal side. The clashing of dogma did not help the situation. After we clashed, we came to an understanding of each other, I think. So it was more of an emotional thing than a physical thing that you did specifically. Does that make any sense?

I was always trying to push you in a direction other than the exact one you were trying to go. To mold you into what I wanted. My favorite part was when reminded you to mind your temper.

As I said though, I really enjoyed this character. You were complicated and fun to be around. I really liked hearing your backstory eventually and the more I got to hang out with you, I got to see all the influences of the character shining out of you. After we clashed a bit, I talked with a few different Maran and Acolytes about you and I think we all agreed that you got better over time. Do you think you changed yourself or did you change our perception of you?
117249, Good Cardinal
Posted by Aerun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the help and great companionship!
117251, Gratz and good luck!
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always interesting when a goodie and evil get thrown together... especially when we're both dealing with the same patron.

Anways, good luck in training and be safe.
117265, RE: Gratz and good luck!
How I thoroughly enjoyed Crraya I thought I played a dangerous line seeing you as my sister. But it was refreshing all the same. Being able to fight, but when in the sanctity of our shrine calling all of that off.
117253, Always a true pleasure
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love that you come up with these crazy roles and I can just make up whatever to go with them and we can have so much fun.

Good luck with the new chapter in your life! We/I will be here when you get back and have time for us again.

Much love.
117269, Good luck and come back home safe.
Posted by Yuolud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked th' depth o' yer character. Had trouble understandin what was lurking in yer role behind yer style, but enjoyed our conversations.

Ye were a good leader. I liked how yer ran wid "Mercy is not weakness."

Thought you needed more confidence an' assertiveness as Cardinal, and it was me duty to encourage it. Hope it all worked out and I helped.
117277, Gah.
Posted by Faenral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn... And here I was hoping you'd end up lasting long enough for me to join Fort.

Good RP though. Good luck with your next.