Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drogar BrokenHammer the Champion of Boozing, Lucky Priest of the Golden Wit
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116921
116921, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drogar BrokenHammer the Champion of Boozing, Lucky Priest of the Golden Wit
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 9 16:31:17 2013

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Drogar perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:197
116958, Well don
Posted by Dwybaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Thanks for all the help as a lowbie, and all the encouragement as a Hero. Hope I'm living up to all the accolades you and the Marshall dish out on me.

Hopefully I'll still be alive to see your next incarnation of Fortie rise up.

116970, Drunk don't mean dumb.
Posted by Merf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After you kicked my ass and I barely got away, I realized how true that was. Goodjob.
*A giant dressed in gold stands over the grave of a fallen champion of light. Before standing, the giant is seen placing a barrel of ale on the near the tombstone*
116972, Heh, yah.
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man it was hard nailing you down. That time in Ktengs, I missed putting myself in the right spot to get you, then in Galadon, you got away before I came out of intensify a few times, then the last time you fled back into town and teleported.

Only interacted with you a few times, my only critique might be less talk about how you were fighting me with what protections and more trying for relevant talk about IC stuff in general.

Don't listen to the haters, keep playing it your way, and have fun.
116977, Thanks.
Man you have a sweet set of final forms. Good luck. I had a great time interacting with you. WIsh we could have done more wand hunting.
116954, That was really fun.
Well 200 hours seems to be about my limit. But boy was it a great time for that almost 200 hours.

As most of you probably know, I really enjoy Fort, it's kind of my spot. Had lots of great interactions with everyone there. I'm horrible with specific people so if I forget you in this, please post and I'll try to reply.

First and Foremost:

Whiysdan - Man you are one of the best interactions I have had. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you do your empowerment/virtues. I really felt like I was too much in your face though, so sorry for that. But man I loved every part of this char because of what you put into our interactions.

I was going to go into friends and enemies, but I think I'll just leave it at what I have here. Post and I'll try to reply. I don't want to start flames with my death thread on some active characters, so I'll say thanks everyone for making this one as fun as it was.
116955, RE: That was really fun.
Posted by Valanthiriel, Chakra of Love. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your sister in arms will miss you deeply. I practically feel as if we grew up together in the fortress. Even moved from scribe/acolyte and Squire/Maran around the same time. You were a competent Maran and even more Competent Monk. Something that can be hard to do, I enjoyed our interactions as I always seem too. Each time you present a character different than the other. GLWYN.
116974, Thanks
Enjoyed it a great deal. I've done a few monks now, this is the second or third hero I think. I'd be intrerested to see your thoughts on Elf Monk, I don't know if Avoid is better with the better dex and Wisdom, but man I tanked with my face most of the time, so having 1100 HP really made the difference. I still have a goal some day of pulling off a dwarf monk wearing full Derns. Man those intensifies would be fricken mean.
116956, RE: That was really fun.
Posted by RiderOfStorms on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad to see you're still playing Fortress. Thanks for all the help with Lithenarlia!
116975, Like Lith.
I was pushin for you. Got Nelly all mad at me and everything. But that was all IC. I'll be back at some point, but I'm really trying to put some time into something different.
116966, RE: That was really fun.
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved this character and had a great time with the interactions. I never felt as though you bugged me or got in my face or anything remotely like that. Well played!

=w=
116973, God it was sooooo fun.
I have a hard time thinking of running an empowerment character that isn't a dwarf whisydan follower now. I had a great time with our chats, glad it wasn't overtaxing for you. Some day I'll get around to giving you a longer lived character I promise. You made this char that much more fun, especially with the little things early on that really helped shape him. I mean WhiskeyFist, holy hell I'd never have come up with that on my own, and it made me add so much flavor to the way I tried to RP with folks.
116984, RE: That was really fun.
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had just started getting to know you, really. It was nice having another priest of the Thirteen running around. Guess its just you and me again, eh, Lord Whiysdan?
116981, You play a lot of fortress
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you manage it without looking like you play the same character over and over. Good job with this one too, I genuinely liked Drogar.
117094, RE: That was really fun.
Posted by Yuolud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aye it was. Despite the fact yer character generous to a fault and an amazingly solid pk and pve fer the Fort, ye didnae need to delete just so I wouldnae look bad next to the Whiskeyfist.

Ye and Golial were the first t' come in when we were rebuilding and I'll never forget it -- or all th' amazing times we had together.
116953, And another
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character, enjoyed our interactions and all of that. Good luck with your next one.
116949, Well played.
Posted by Israh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Drogar was very funny. Full of banter, always up for a fight. A pleasure to interact with.

Drogar tells you 'The WhiskeyFist ain't somethin ta be messed wit.'

I think we were evenly matched in the 30s, but you easily outclassed
me in the hero levels. The closest thing I got to a victory was having you cursed
and without sanctuary at centurions, but unfortunately I lost link so I couldn't
capitalize on the lucky situation.

I hope you had fun and wish you good luck with your next character.

116976, Yeah, you were fun to fight
Early on it was a lot of me running while you were dispelling. Then through total luck I got Faith. I was disappointed to see that you could dispel Essence of Faith though, because you did almost every time we fought after you figured it out.

Keep trucking man you were one of my favorite enemies.
116978, RE: Yeah, you were fun to fight
Posted by Valanthiriel, Chakra of Love. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We'll have to try out Anticipate Dispel haha