Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Brakrar Shadowlock the Warrior of the Full Moon, the Grey-Bearded
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116852
116852, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Brakrar Shadowlock the Warrior of the Full Moon, the Grey-Bearded
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 6 09:24:39 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Brakrar perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:427
116922, Goodbyes
Posted by Zeikal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few firsts with this character, first Amaranthe follower, first time being Harbinger, first time getting Amaranthe's tattoo, first time winning a RC. More than I realized but oh well, looking back through Brakrar's life I can't find much if any spots where I just didn't want to play due to bad experiences.

I'd like to thank Amaranthe first and foremost for putting up with me. Then the rest of the Imms for keeping this game alive and interesting.

Despite what it may look like in my role chapters, I really didn't start out to be an Outlander, I was going to interact with Outlanders and Ragers and determine which cabal I would join. I wanted Brakrar's life to shape his decisions, and for the most part it did. I just happened to run across Jawn on Eastern one day when I was still in the lower levels. We sat there and talked for I dunno how long, 30 minutes at the least I'm sure. So he spoke of destiny and fate and how it was a sign I should join the Refuge. So I ran with that and it lead me to where I ended up.

I was determined I wasn't going to delete and I was either going to con die or age die. However that wasn't likely to happen any time soon, especially as Harbinger, then had the position taken away from me. I was told due to the lack of hours I logged in, that's fine, a little note or something to warn me of the impending decision would have been nice though.

So Harbinger is taken away but I'm still in Outlander, can still live out my days as such. I was determined to finish it out, with the higher chance of being able to con die not being Harbinger. However it just seemed like more of a pain to log in more often than not.

CF just lost it's flavor for me, not to mention I have issues in the Real World coming up soon that will require my full attention and will allow no time for CF.

So with that said, I say, like many others before me, when it is no longer fun to log in and play then it's time to quit. I had fun conversations with some of you and good times, but I felt like I had to force it a lot of the time recently and you can't force fun otherwise it no longer becomes fun.

There are so many people I interacted with over my time as Brakrar that I can't really say goodbye to everybody. The ones that I remember the most I will mention. Others if you wish to comment I'll respond.

Andira- Started off hating you, cabal dogma and what not. Spoke with Amaranthe about for a while though and then heard your story. Great story by the way. From then on you were like a sister to me and any time if you needed me I would have been there, but 90% of the time you could take care of yourself so I wasn't particularly worried lol.

Azhelak- You, like in your own death thread, were like a brother to me as well. You got in before I did so I always thought of you as an older brother, you'd always let me hang around or drag me to do something or discover something I didn't know or remember was there. Great interactions and great times, also another character with a great story background. Glad to see you age die, figured you would though.

Nyst- Had very few interactions with you, but the few we did have were interesting, sometimes insightful to your own character. It was so hard to get a read on you, you were always hidden, unless raiding, and quiet so often that I tended to forget you were there. Unsure if that was intentional to throw others off guard about your presence or what but it had a Nightreaver creepy effect so that was pretty cool.

Jawn- Man, had some great conversations with you, some great raids we did together.

Matgelvon- Saw you come in and didn't seem like you had much direction in the way of the cabal's inner workings so I helped as much as I could.

Keara- Met you at Az's and Andira's joining/wedding, and we hit it off from there. Always had fun with you when we managed to get together. I will also miss the races.

Outlanders- So many of you that it's hard to single any of you out. I would try to help those of you who needed it, asked for it, or even seemed like you needed it.

Tribunals- Saw a lot of class from most of you, most of you weren't too much of a problem for me. A few of you, such as you Bharum, gave me problems, especially when you became Provost.

Empire- I'd have to say that Kraldinor sticks out the most in my mind, mostly because he was such a pain in the ass to deal with. Others of you do as well but like with Outlanders there's been many faces and it's hard to remember particular ones.

Nexus- The only person I ever really got along with was Mylene, most of you were just pain in my side and getting in the way when I didn't want you around.

Battle- Had very few interactions with any of you, mostly was to confirm whether or not you had the Scepter. Other than that only a bard or two sticks out in my mind.

Heralds- Had pretty awesome interactions with those of you I saw and were around. I enjoyed what time I spent in the Inn, you all are doing a good job there, keep it up.

Fortress- Another cabal I had few interactions with on the whole, I tried to avoid most if not all of you to keep my relations with you low. Mostly because there were a lot of dwarves and paladins in the Fortress at the time, as well as a few conjurers that I had no desire to be around. The interactions I did have were good though.

Overall I'd have to say my experience as Brakrar was great, probably one of the best if not THE best time I've had playing a character on CF. I'd like to apologize to any applicants I may have looked over or "forgot" while I was Harbinger, I had quite a few things going on in RL and instead of giving up the position I tried juggling the two. Didn't work out so well.

This is a few days late I know, but RL, what can I say, it's a bitch.

Thank you Imms and players of CF for all the good times, and maybe some of the bad. It's time for a break and when I come back, hopefully CF will have flavor for me again.

Brakrar
Tairneach
Behyr
Dubhslan
Cadeyrn
Nathuel
Kalcova
116932, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Jawn Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very fond of this character and it astounds me that I'm getting mentioned in death threads months after con-death.

I'm glad to have drawn you to the tree, because you were definitely a boon to both the tree and the game.

I hear you about the fun aspect, though. But I'll say that I find being a leader, despite being an honor, is often less fun than I anticipate.

Good luck with everything.

116937, I agree
More often than not, a leader position is a thankless, time consuming and stressful thing. It's even harder when the times you can play often don't mesh up with the rest of your people.

Thanks and good luck to you as well.
116856, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Brakrar Shadowlock the Warrior of the Full Moon, the Grey-Bearded
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know what I thought IC, but I'll rehash. I can't stress enough I never saw anything bad. Its why I thought so highly of you.

OOC, wonderful char, really enjoyed what you brought to the table (saw you with multiple incarnations), and I really hope you have time to play another char soon.

BTW, absolutely going to miss losing our races.
116923, Thanks
For everything really. I'm glad you were able to see Brakrar through multiple characters and that I didn't disappoint in any of those instances.
116855, Thanks for your help and advice wise-old-cat, you will be missed
Posted by Matgelvon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked you.
116924, You're welcome
I knew I wasn't going to be around much longer so I tried to pass on as much knowledge as I could without over stepping the boundaries between branches.