Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Khrach the Navigator of the Seas
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116670
116670, (DELETED) [None] Khrach the Navigator of the Seas
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 26 00:37:29 2013

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Khrach perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:ranger
Level:39
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:59
116678, Seriously...deleted!
Posted by Finley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So much for my elaborate plans to have you kidnapped and tortured slowly. And at 59 hours? Well if nothing else you taught me that when I do fight to keep the fight short and put alot of distance between me and the target when I need to regrip.

Didnt figure for a ranger to follow me into the city and dirt,disarm.

I had literally just realizxed my grip was about to fall and knew as soon as you dirted that the disarm was going to hit. Thats just my bad luck.

Really not your fault and I don't blame you for anything except lying about giving me a chance to kill you before you sacced it.

Personally I think making an unholy should flag it as No DROP so that if disarmed it just falls into your inventory. Either that or double the time that irongrip lasts OR make iron grip like greater invoker shields so we can drop it and and recast it at will.

It took me a RL month to build that axe up that high, there isnt a full loot around that matches what an AP loses when they lose a decent weapon and the sad part that it was just starting to get decent enough for me to take a few chances I normally don't take...like fighting a ranger in the woods.

Well enough bitching, I knew before I rolled up an AP that it could happen, but seriously...59 hour delete....as one man put it...le sigh

116696, Recasting irongrip
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's the controlling grasp edge for that, though it sometimes takes a few tries. There's also the soulbind edge which can save your weapon from vanilla disarm in 1vs1 situations (not so much if there's someone else in the room spamming "g 1.")

But yes, A-P's can't engage with the frequency of other classes. Basically you need to time your preps right, go in, get out and rest for 10 ticks, and if you timed your preps wrong just bail. At least that's my experience.
116701, RE: Recasting irongrip
Posted by Finley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thx :)

I totally forgot about controlling grasp. I don't qualify for the other one, soulbind.