Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kazzru al-Khurair the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116625
116625, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kazzru al-Khurair the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 25 08:50:01 2013

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Kazzru perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:307
116801, I enjoyed our RP at the Inn when you were younger.
Posted by Aglaron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked feeding you drinks to make you open up. Makes me feel like a Herald.
116802, Uh-huh. All heralds had power over me in the form of alcohol.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For once I actually enjoyed having a flaw and of all things, Alcoholic (although it did become annoying when my con dropped below 20).

Aeede wins the "make Kazzru smashed" contest because she always dared him to drink whiskey (which I hated - makes you drunk too soon) and I eventually made him pass out just to save myself from having to wait out alcohol poisoning.
116661, Couple more thoughts
As a player, I'm a huge slacker and do-nothing guy of CF. I take my time when doing just about anything. Instead of exploring, ranking or PKing, I would always prefer to sit and talk, exchange tales and do funny felar emotes (I play a LOT of felar!).

And this attitude needed to change! Too many of my characters are, like Twist once said, "taking up space" characters. So I made a character whose role didn't permit him to waste time. And I tried to highlight that Kazz was about action. I pushed myself to always roam and look for enemies or do something useful. I missed a few fun talks too because it was just not in Kazz's character to stay and listen patiently.

Of course, my lazy player side started to show after I spent some 200 hours playing. I rationalized it as Kazz getting older and let myself relax and hang out with people I liked.

Heh. I so do like rationalizing the player's faults as features of my characters. Anything if it helps me stay around longer!
116653, Frustration
Posted by Israh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good fights in the 30s, even though it was unlikely one of us was going to kill the other. I understand your frustration when it comes to PK.
Make an orc and bash everyone next time.

I appreciated the talks. Unfortunately, I had great trouble understanding what Kazzru said, so I found it hard to use anything but one liners.
116655, Ah, yes, language barrier so to say.
Kazzru wasn't speaking well because he was from another land. I eventually dropped that as I figure he would learn and eventually become fluent.

Since you told me you were from a land far to the east, and everything quite closely matched what I wrote in my role, I decided I'll tell you that we were actually kinsmen, from the same land.

If there were any disrepancies in our stories later they could easily be explained by the fact Kazzru was lower class (close to being a slave) and you probably weren't.

Honestly though, I had no idea you had trouble understanding my speech.
116639, Farewells.
Evildoers:

Jedite - My first nemesis. You asked whether I was of the Fortress. Believe it ot not, you words were a factor in me deciding to join it (Kazzru was initially meant to stay uncaballed).

Tasher - sorry for harassing you so much. You had great attitude and I hope you stay as a CF player.

Mercuriot - I could tell you were very annoyed with me constantly finding and attacking you. I apologize if I took it too far, I just wanted to kill you, not to grief you :)

Gwiodric - Wish you would stay longer.

Beobj - Already told you that I liked your character. Good luck with the honeymoon and come back to CF someday :)

Gedunthos - Usually when people insult me in game, I have difficulty figuring whether it's just IC or they really don't like me. At least I tried to be a good sport to the extent it was possible with Fortress' overwhelming numbers.

Sehdara - Scion ABS mage reduced to jumping people at their recall when they're at 20% hp and fighting a fiend. Weaksauce. Boring enemy.

Bujoch - Kinda meh that you pushed it so far as to strike the Watcher, and what could I do to stop you... But in general I think there was more good than bad about your character.

Havanah - Wish we could fight more. I can ask my Fort buddies to stay aside and let me fight you solo, but I can't ask the same of Norfis.

Zvonka - I fought you so many times and you were so hard to outdamage. Even when I caught you unprepped and I had all the protections, you still nearly beat me. And that was pre-hero when I considered myself fairly strong.

Zranagar - Dude you are so impossibly fast. You roam and roam and roam and never stop. I once followed you from Galadon to eastern to grove to past battlefields and could never catch up with you, then you killed a feared swordsman and immediately teleported. Good job catching me off-guard that one time in imperial lands, never expected them to arrange for you to come so quickly. At least you didn't get a charge :P

Finley - I was tempted to roll a tribunal next but... you joined empire? WTF? Seriously though, great enemy, though we couldn't even come close to killing each other. I eventually figured all those failed cleaves were just dice rolling for your pleasure, so I stopped going after you.

Ogsert - Why were you so surprised about me wanting to fight you? Unlike Bujoch, you seemed like an enemy I could beat. And hey, you have a 250 gold bounty on your head.

All the APs whom I denied kills via altruism - It's kinda funny that people considered me griefing not because I was a thief, but because I was an Acolyte. Sorry, I guess. I did my duty.

Actually, being on the receiving side of altruism made me think that it isn't always a good option (the evil guy will immediately run, and we want him to be dead). So I tried to only use it when the ally was obviously losing the fight and likely to die.

Friends:

Andira - Very... motherly. That's the word that best describes you. I never told you, but I pondered asking you and Azhelak to adopt me :)

Rydell - Fun to talk with, and a competent healer. Was interesting to see you from a goodie viewpoint. I also played Aronar, do you remember him?

Keara - *sigh* Oh, Keara... you're the one I'll truly miss. We were very close and I knew I could've trusted you with anything. You're the best acolyte I've ever seen, and I've known dozens of them (used to be a serial goodie years ago).

Zamos - Every time we ran together, it felt like our luck stat dropped below zero :) I missed every trip and blackjack when it was important for them to land! That, and I'm a terrible groupmate, and you don't exactly excel in teamplay either.

Yuolud - Good Marshall, you were surprisingly friendly and open for a dwarf. I'm thankful you let me help you, since not being useful was one of Kazzru's (and mine) worst fears.

Voralia - It's not your fault but being by your side always made me feel so insignificant. As an example, we raided palace and you killed three enemies without breaking a sweat while I was barely able to do anything (I spammed blackjack below in case they fled or something, but it ended up unnecessary).

Deaer - I think you deserve a mention. Our fight with Yegtheg was hilarious.

Lithenarlia - We had a very heartwarming friendship. I think I picked the right person for Kazz to become attached to and protective of :)

Azhelak - You were so aloof. I'm glad we could get you talking at least once.

Saersha - Kazz liked you very much. I enjoyed talking and drinking with you and enjoyed you taking advantage of Kazz's alcoholic tendencies :) And I, as a player, am very thankful that you took time to try out hypnotize with me. Even if it turned out to be such a downer.

Taelyn - We didn't interact much but I'm glad to hear you liked me. I wish you good luck and good enemies to fight :)

Others:

Corlx - Hundreds of thousands of gold. Yikes. I have no words.

Aeede - Kazz didn't like you. Wasn't sure if you were joking when you talked about keeping me as pet :) Considering Kazzru's background, even suggesting such things was very insulting for him.

Mliansref - Somehow you always managed to rub Kazz the wrong way. When Torm was gaunted during my tale, I called altruism and it looked like he could beat it, so why did you need to barge in with your stupid ceasefight? It didn't stun the mob, but it did stun Torm, and we lost him. I was so mad at you.

Also that incident where you accidentally slept me and spelled me up with distortion and lanquid carol... It felt just wrong with you so casually dismissing Kazz when he was clearly very offended by that. You could've at least said you are sorry or something.

Rahzak - Enjoyed talking with you and arguing about our differences. I hoped you would join Voralian guild so I wouldn't be all lonely. Oh well.

Avarin - You were a beast. Oh man, a mere thought I would have to eventually face you in combat... It never came to be, to good or bad.

Norfis - it would have been easier on Kazz's conscience if you just hunted him like you did dwarves.

Torm - never would have guessed the player. Well done man, well done.

Immortals:

Whiysdan - Yup. Sorry I got angry and deleted. Hope you understand. Can I expect to be given another shot in the future?

Rayihn - thanks for immxp in the tale contest. I so much like telling tales, that's probably one thing that gives me away on any character.

Baerinika - I want to ask one thing... Since this character was basically Faeshu 2.0, and I played intentionally very similar to him, I expected to stay a scribe forever and age-die as one. So what was different this time? What did I do right that I didn't in my previous attempt at Acolyte?
116646, Oh yes
Posted by Lithenarlia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lithe is very receptive of such interactions. It was cool having you around as (very good) friend. Much luck with the next!
116659, Big ol frowny face
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow this really sucks. I really liked Kazz a lot. I enjoyed our early interactions, and was really glad I could help out. Assuming I actually did help that is. Our later interactions were a lot of fun too. I liked that you became my little protector if I was going to run errands. Now who is going to curl up in my lap?

Great character, loved the development I saw, your tales were always great to listen to, and I really hope you come back with another one soon.

And thank you kindly for the words, it means a lot.

116663, Yep. Should've thought about you before deleting...
On a side note, tales are really my schtick. I collect various fables, folk tales, riddles and funny stories and I like translating them into English for use here or elsewhere.

But I'm still figuring a way to do that without outing myself. Because, seriously, how many people tell stories often? Especially as a non-Herald? Part of reason why I refrained from letting it on too much.

P.S. Sorry about forgetting to step away before putting on favor. So many times. I'm sure the only difference is detect evil, though.
116666, RE: Yep. Should've thought about you before deleting...
Fwiw I had no clue who were as the player behind Kazz. I just know that I personally liked your RP a lot. Your char developed well. Who you were at the start of our interactions was not who you were at the end. I appreciate the development.

And I think you're right about Favor. It was just fun to try to make you squirm for messing up. I hope you never thought I was serious though.

Again, really enjoyed this char. I hope your next is fun. And if you like telling tales then do that. This is a game and games are about having fun. So have fun the way you best are able to here.
116665, Oh and thanks for the money!
You don't know how relieving it was to just be handed 1000 gold and not worry about collecting coin for next two weeks.

I horribly, horribly suck at getting coin and it would have been such a huge time sink if not for you and Andira.
116667, RE: Oh and thanks for the money!
Gotta love the warrior who is also a thief who is also...

Was my pleasure. I knew if you weren't collecting supplies you were off stalking people, and if you were stalking people I wasn't getting attacked by them. So I was sort of buying protection I guess? Besides, it fits me well (not sure if I mean char or player tho).
116681, Maybe?
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't speak for the rest of the staff, but the way you handled things wasn't the best. I'm speaking directly about the ranting about a staff member and the way you vented your frustrations on Dio's. Neither did anything to bolster your chances. Again, just my view of things. This shouldn't dissuade you from trying, but it is something that'll come up if there is ever another interview.

=w=
116635, I can't say enough good things about Kazz.
Posted by Azhelak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll miss the morning banter. Good look with your next.
116634, Here, I'll try to clear things up about hypnotize.
(Repost/rephrase of what I've said on dios)

Imagine you have a character. He is kinda a wuss, but you have this skill that does something you don't know.

You ask on the officials and they explain it to you and you can think of a way you would use it and it would greatly help you. Suddenly you are viable! You are overjoyed.

Then you spend 100 hours trying to get it to work and eventually you find out it doesn't do that they told you.

So tell me who's not going to be completely mad after that?

...That's what happened to me and it was probably the main reason I lost all drive to play. I felt kinda betrayed, to be honest. Yes, I know it wasn't intentional.
116636, RE: Here, I'll try to clear things up about hypnotize.
Posted by Vilhazarog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about that, I typed strength but I meant charisma, didn't realize I'd made that mistake. You can be mad if you want but believe or not there are all kinds of bugs in this game and stuff doesn't always work how its intended... for the most part though I think the quality is as good as a game you pay $50 for... who hasn't bought a game that crashed or froze their computer....
116638, Yup.
This is an unfortunate mistake and there are better ways I could've handled it on my part. In the end it cost me a character, well, I'll roll another.

I apologize for overreacting and being a drama queen.

This is still the most successful character I ever had.

As for bugs... I run my own mud, and I just recently had to log in there and find out why it had crashed while I was playing CF :)
116647, Cheers
Posted by Finley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of my favorite enemies as well though I hate fighting thieves even as a duergar. Thief skills can rock AP's until they do enough damage/have enough health to survive in many ways. You weren't a griefer though as far as I could see because there are so many more things you could have done to eff with me if you wanted. Hated you though whenever I woke up early in the morning before headed to work and you would run to the Tree as invariably in the mornings (EST) the outlanders would have the Scales. GLWYN and im honored you thought of joining Tribs. You still should, a consistently playing tribunal healer is what they need!
116660, About me "defending" the tree...
Most of the times we met there I just looked at who list and tried to predict where you will go, I assumed it was retrieving so yeah... I went to the tree.

The only outlander I cared to listen to was Azhelak and I didn't really coordinate much even with him. Sometimes he did tell me they had the scales but I invariably failed to come at the right time because I was juggling lots of preps and constantly had to go replenish them.

Mind you I didn't camp it. Kazz hated inaction and waiting.
116630, Hi,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions.
116629, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kazzru al-Khurair the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Lithenarlia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No! Kazz was a good friend, would have liked to have you around longer, but if it's not working for you, better quite early rather than late.

I did sort of wonder whether you would rather have been a Squire.
116633, If I was a Squire, I would've never gotten Maran.
I had 9 pk wins total, and not for lack of trying. All of them I got before 150 hours as well. Thieves are just horrible at hero.

I feel really bad for leaving you all, going to miss you... but at the same time I just can't play without PK viability.

See you in the fields, I'll be back to evils for the time being.
116656, Re: thieves are horrible at hero
Posted by Spiorra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't find that to be the case at all. In fact, 20 of my 34 PK's were solo. Sure, I wasn't going to solo-kill Arratok or Zhenyen (even though I tried a couple of times,) but I could generally go against pretty much anyone and expect to win.

And I don't think getting Maran is based on the number of PKs, it's mostly how hard you try - where your heart is, essentially.

The ultimate boredom factor is a complete lack of enemies or their complete unwillingness to fight one on one or two on two. I've raided Empire countless times solo with a defender on who didn't bother to show up. Or even if showed up, wouldn't fight (stand next to the inners for a round or two, then flee/word, never to be seen again).
116657, I bet Spiorra wasn't a mystic though.
Thug right?
I've had three thieves now and after each of them I was swearing to myself I'm going full thug next time I play a thief.

I just had too much faith in that announcement about hypnotize being made stronger now. Wanted to try ever since it's been there.

Well it works now and technically it does a hefty maladict with special effects, but probably 99% of enemies aren't going to care about that kind of maladict.

Strength drain is what a thief could couple with other skills. Thieves don't have another powerful dex maladict to pile on over hypnotize lethargy. And maladicting intelligence, constitution and charisma is very niche.
116628, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kazzru al-Khurair the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Taelyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a good friend, really liked hanging with you, good luck with your next.