Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Torm Oakenfist the Champion of the Virtues, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116479
116479, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Torm Oakenfist the Champion of the Virtues, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 17 07:23:31 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Torm perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:129
116491, A quick response. I don't have time now.
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved Torm. I loved the fun Amaranthe provided. I absolutely had fun interacting with all the chars I had to interact.

But I got absolutely tired of my really crap connection. Few hours before I delete, when I had decided on deleting, and Imm (Amaranthe?) interacted to me and gave me my first virtue. At first I didn't like it. But in a very few battles I had after that, I came to love it. But even the virtue couldn't help me. In my Immteraction, resulting the virtue, I had 3s ping times to CF, Just as an example.

I can play chars with 3s lags. But not a serious one like Torm. I loved him and couldn't accept such things about him. I loved the half-orc idea and thanks for letting me having a part of it. But my connection was so awful that I missed half of the events.

I will post goodbyes later.. or maybe I just answer to posts. But three who I cannot ignore:
Voralia: Torm loved you. I liked you. Thanks for all the fun.
Khalida: Why we couldn't do much more together? when we two were together, I had my best connection situations, without any kinds of lag!
Bharhum: I will talk more answering your post. But generally thanks for the fun.

p.s. I continue to play casual chars till I can find a better connection.
116496, Regardless of connection, you continue to improve.
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your serious characters are serious :) I personally couldn't pick you out when you played Torm, which to me (given how many chars I've played alongside you) means a really great RP effort.
116506, Thanks!
I never saw any improvement in my own RP, but Amaranthe idea was fun and was a good motivation. Maybe it's because of the role idea that you had such experience.

The most important problem I had with Torm, was dwarf talking. It was very hard for me and I can rate myself a novice in this era. I learned a lot studying how other dwarves/duergars (Like Finley and Fort dwarves) talked, and tried to copy them, with a little difference. But still, I didn't like how Torm talked.
116484, Noooo! Who am I going to get to forge my weapons now!
Posted by Bharhum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What a shame, you were great fun, especially when playing finley and you against each other (in the nicest possible way).

You were the last of the four magistrates trying to <do secret rp thing which i'm not sure i'm allowed to say>. Like I said to glinda, did the magistrate boredom get you? How can I make being a magistrate more interesting?
116486, There's a lot more to it than boredom.
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure why it's such a mystery. I tried to point it out in another thread but that was deleted.

You are asking here so I'll try again. Players/Characters have told you what the problem is IC but you have ignored them.

Whether that's for IC or OOC reasons I don't know. But there's definitely something more to it than boredom. Why have applicant's dried up? Why are people deleting/autoing left and right? You have to be able to make the connection, I don't know how you can't.

I am not Torm and don't speak for him. But you've asked a few times and each time you ask (Hopefully?) about boredom.

116487, I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about, NT
Posted by Bharhum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116498, Answer within.
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=116479&mesg_id=116492&page=

Hope that helps. Your followers have been saying this in game and you refuse to listen.
116499, Jesus Christ.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We get it, you don't like Finley. My suggestion would be don't play anything that interacts with Tribunals until he's gone. It is easy to find a character idea that doesn't involve Tribunals or being friendly with duergar AP's. I agree that Tribunal isn't in the best place right now. Its pretty easy to change things IC though, but it doesn't happen by creating new forum handles to better bitch OOC with.
116501, You said it not me. He asked. And he keeps asking. Characters have told him IC.
And this is my only handle.
116559, "And this is my only handle not currently banned."
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FTFY
116500, Please stop posting about active chars on the BF. Thanks. nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116502, Ok.
sfgbs
116504, Hmm?
I didn't really mean that. Playing a paladin in Spire while an anti paladin magistrate is around, is a little hard. But l liked my interaction with Finley.
116492, Go to that beloved Finley for your weapons!
To be honest, Spire is that last cabal if I want to rank them. But it's nothing to do with you (Atleast I think so). I liked our talks and everything we did. You and other magistrates (Not that Finley though!) helped me having fun in Spire.

Very pleased to know that you had fun interacting with Torm.
116497, Bah!
Posted by Finley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There goes my plans for corrupting your soul to the dark side. Wonder how much I can get for that sack of your corpse I've been carrying around for the longest?

LMAO

GLWYN and hope you clear up your connection problems.
116505, Yah!
Your offer for Torm charges was funny/tempting/awsome!

Remember Torm's holyword in Hamsah? It was intentional. I liked how you and Torm handled it there :D

I liked Finley, but Torm didn't, and was doing his best monkish calmness around him.
116481, What the hell! Why did you go and do that?
Posted by Voralia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now why did you have to delete? I had such plans for our little orden. And I've just been waiting for you and Khalida to logon to have some fun! :(

Anyway, I really enjoyed the RP. (I didn't realize that you were unempowered for quite some time, that's my fault and I'm sorry. At least you got your empowerment eventually, stuff was quite new for me.)

I hope you return in some other incarnation, your RP is a good boon for CF!

I had also hoped to show you the ropes about PKing with pallys, what little I know.
I loved how I lectured you about runing towards a futile death at the tree, and moments later I walk in and gets killed by Nyst. hahahaha
116493, Torm loved Voralia!
I did enjoy the RP. You (or who ever had to follow it) forgot the empowerment and also forgot about the virtue, yes. But honestly, it didn't bother me AT ALL! I have played paladins before, and I should say that, I play paladins just for the virtues. But Torm was an exception. I could age die Torm, without any virtue.. As much as I had fun.

But as I said it before, the only thing that I could do nothing about and was absolutely ruining my experience, was my connection. Just for another example (First is in my first post) the fight we had near the Tree.. I didn't see anything in any of the fights! Even the one that I killed Brakrar. I just spammed intensify so many times and after about 15 seconds (And before I try to reconnect) Everything scroll down and I was the winner against the Harbinger and the looser against the the other ranger! But yes.. Later when I was checking the log, I was laughing at your lecture->death. :D

Well.. about my RP.. I always consider myself an awful RPer. Good to know that few others have had better experiences than I thought they had. But so you know.. I never quit CF any soon. I should just make casual chars so I can accept lags in my connection and don't get upset.
116494, Virtues...
Posted by Voralia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I had no idea you didn't have a virtue. And that's not my call. Is 129 hours a long time to wait for a virtue? I'm a real paladin newbie. Did you expect having 2 virtues after 129 hours? Is that common?

I'm thinking that since it was Amaranthe that was "in charge" of us, perhaps she isn't/wasn't very acustomed to deal with pallys and what's the norm for them. (I'm just guessing here, I really have 0 clue.)

Anyway, good to know that you're ingame still. I've nearly rage-deleted a few times due to my own bad connection. Not as bad as yours, but still.
116495, RE: Virtues...
I think one should be common before hero/80hrs. Not sure about 2nd (I didn't have a second Virtue till and I had paladins over 200hrs). I think a paladin could (and should) get the first virtue before hero/80hrs.

But again.. I could have fun with Torm with no virtues till age death, if I had a more reliable connection.

p.s. I was not whining about anything here.. I know this is a new thing about empowerment and as paladins are a bit especial we should wait a bit for it to work flawlessly. But I think Amaranthe has different feelings. As I got it, Voralia should request for empowerment/virtue/... she sees fit for a follower. Maybe I am wrong, but this is what I got from what Amaranthe told me. Anyway, I like the idea totally and had my fun.
To summarize it: all these failures (I don't prefer to call them like that) made feel more natural. Having a faster empowerment/virtue could do nothing more for my fun!
116550, RE: Torm loved Voralia!
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am super relieved to hear you truly enjoyed Torm. I feel like an ass for dropping the ball on these challenge participants towards the end, but RL just stacked up. I did recently set a delegated imm *on it* to make sure you got virtues with the help of Voralia. Sorry it didn't work out. But hearing from the folks that had a blast with this challenge does make it worth it. I've learned too, and I believe I know how to do similar assignments in the future in a manner that is more manageable.

GLWYN.
116555, I was not in the challenge
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But, I kind of curious to see who won. I realize many deleted prior to July ending but were winners declared or is it considered a tie in general to all who completed the contest?
116562, RE: I was not in the challenge
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty much all those who remained by the time the role contest end date were qualify enough (and few enough) that it was my intention to reward all of them, preferably in a questy-meaingful way.

Unfortunately I didn't get to them all.

Those who are still around will (hopefully) be gotten to eventually.

116573, Thanks for the project.
I am sure that the role contest you started could be handled better, providing more fun, and I'm sure you (And us, the players) have found out about some of the problems, so we can have an even better feeling with next role contests.
But yes, I have truly enjoyed Torm almost to an extent that I never enjoyed a char before. Thanks for the effort and please provide similar fun projects again. I will participate again if you do.