Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116239
116239, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Aug 2 09:02:24 2013

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Etion perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:218
116359, Please be sure to role up a Half-Drow assassin next.
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lastname "Do'Entreri".

I rolled my eyes when I saw your lastname. For me stuff like that is a turnoff.
116364, I don't get it nt
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116367, Drizzt Do'Urden, from R.A. Salvatore's books. NT
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>nt
116368, Yes but Drizzt was a ranger.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He said roll up an assassin next time. Drizzt was a ranger. His comment makes no sense.
116372, Refers to Artemis Entreri, an assassin and arch-enemy of Drizzt.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116374, I'm well aware of his enemies.
But mr. nitpicky above was refering to Etion's name having pieces of Drizzt's name incorporated in it. Drizzt's name is the issue here, other characters from Forgotten Realms. Then he does and says something along the lines of "if you're going to copy someone, go all the way and don't half ass it." But Mr. Nitpicky mucked up and said the wrong class.

Point is, if you're going to be Mr. Nitpicky, go all the way and don't half ass it ;)
116376, Nope. He's just saying so to call the name lame
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in an indirect fashion. You are not supposed to go along with the suggestion.
116384, Also the last name used to make fun of it was Do'Entreri.
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Therefore, an assassin, because of the Entreri in his name.
116385, Baen was also a name from the same series. Sorry for being too obvious and subtle at the same time. :) n/t
N/t
116388, Do you mean Baenre? And why not just post under your usual handle? NT
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
116389, Yes. And I am. I just made a handle. This is the only one I have.
Crazy how blown out of proportion this is getting.

What wrote was that the player basically plagiarized names from one of the most popular fantasy series of all time.

I personally don't like that.
116453, It's the last name man. FFS.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here's a sample of some last names in the last 3 years, since you're being an obstinant douche (something I know quite a bit about).

Drathia Sparrow the Deckhand of the Maiden, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow

WHAT A CUNT. SPARROW IS A ####ING BIRD. WOW, THIS RUINED MY CF EXPERIENCE.

Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea

HOLY #### THAT LOOKS LIKE CASANOVA. BURN THAT ####ER AT THE STAKE OF PROGRESS!

<51 Felar Thi> (Deleted) Issiver Vahl the MageSlayer, Enforcer of Dagdan $

WHO DOES THIS GUY THINK HE ####ING IS? IS HE GOING TO ROLL A HUMAN SWORD SPEC/PSIONIC/INVOKER NEXT? AND NAME HIM RICHARD VAHL? GOD CF BLOWS AND MY WONDERMENT IS LOST.

<51 H-Elf Shf> (Deleted) Kycalbrum Flowershield the Grand Master of Changelings, Brandisher of Light's Beacon $

NOW I AM JUST GETTING TROLLED. FLOWERSHIELD? I HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN MY ####ING GARDEN...GREAT.
116456, Hahaha! Pure comedy. Do some more! nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116460, Over react much? I thought trolling was bannable on the forums. Here you are doing it and boasting about it.
Isn't it?
116371, RE: Please be sure to role up a Half-Drow assassin next.
Posted by Etio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
lol. Didn't even notice that. Though you know, last names generally have meanings. I did a dark-elf house name google search and it turned up a list. Baen = From. Urden = Darkness. From Darkness, it fit perfectly with my role I thought. But we all have our own opinions I suppose.
116390, Oh I can see that happening then. I have used those generators too.
It was just one of those things.

Sorry for calling you a plagiarist.
116375, Drizzt was a ranger.
People ####ing up the storylines to some of my favorites are a REAL TURNOFF.
116380, He also wasn't half drow. nt
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
116382, I didn't say he was. NT
nt
116377, Was thinking of playing again...then I read this post.
Assholes like you make me roll my eyes. Who the #### cares that he had Urden in his last name? Seriously...like there haven't been 79 ####ing million people with ####ty names on CF in the past. FFS if I remember correctly wasn't Rayihn's mortal that immed named Cytherea?

Guess I'm not logging in now.
116378, Close but not quite nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Started with a C! Ended in an A.
116381, That was a different hero Imm a year or two earlier.
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
pretty sure Rayihn's hero imm was Crysseara.

116386, You're welcome CF. n/t
n/t
116387, Wat? You don't play? Bad! Bad TMNS!
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm your fan. Please play again :(
116391, I'm a fan too, and CF always needs players but...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good Lord Sam had an arrogant post. All I can picture is a little fat geeky kid on a sideline somewhere yelling 'Well I'm still not playing!' and looking around to see if anyone is listening to him and frowning when he realizes they aren't.
116392, ...Revelation. I always wondered what the heck TMNS meant.
Now if I could just decode Matrik's signature.
116425, Teenage Mutant Ninja Sam, duh. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
116428, Was a troll post. Never was planning on logging on.
My version of peer pressure emotional terrorism. Everyone else is doing it no?

Also to RayBaer that wasn't meant as a dig at you...I could have chose a bunch of other imm names from the past like Lloth and stuff but I just noticed that retarded name post...FFS the dude was a healer in Empire so who cares if he has Urden as part of his name.
116432, What is your personal investment with this post?
Especially since it was resolved.
116429, PS you're the best.
At trolling ;)

Lost 25 lbs so not fat (geeky on the other hand...) And I honestly don't care if anyone paid attention to that post. All my favorite players don't play anymore or barely play so what's the point?
116351, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Etion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun. Sorry I didn't get to see my story play out. Thanks all for the interactions , and especially rayihn, rachael/shamise, gedunthos and a host of others. This was a first of many for me. But I think getting emperor killed my storyline. That plus how late im replying to this is an indication of my play time. Cheers and godluck all.
116355, I was really looking forward to see where our RP would take us!
Posted by Voralia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had some great RP and I had high hopes for some intersesting times. :)

Hope you get to play soon agani.
116379, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had fun, and I was in it for the whole ride with you and cheering you on the whole time. I was annoyed that I couldn't set your race but I was plotting out a way to do it.

I will admit to being pretty sad face that you didn't write that role. I'm sure people will judge me for that but I can't help it.
116383, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Etion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once again thanks for everything. Im not a good writer but wanted to play out a character like croaker from the black chronicles. I dont think rewards should be given based on how well you write but consistent rp. Hoped I did well in that regard. You a great imm ray, dont let the naysayers get you down. I think in an age with less actual chars to interact with, players want interaction with imms. In 14 years of playing this was my first interaction to last more than a couple minutes. (Also my first time actually trying to rp). Good luck with it all. Ill be in to check on the community once in a blue while.
116251, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Etion Baen'urden the Sundered Heart, Seeker of Ablution, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having another Rayhin priest in Empire made HP a no brainer since anything else would have caused a lot of drama, so thanks for being there. Sorry I couldn't oblige your request, but Kraldinor's take was the only way to leave Empire was in a box, plus at the time I had some post death events I was hoping to use you to shape (that fell apart anyway).

Good luck w RL!