Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Xryx the Master of Changelings, Disciple of Zurcon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116151
116151, (DELETED) [None] Xryx the Master of Changelings, Disciple of Zurcon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 28 16:47:39 2013

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Xryx perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:99
116153, Done and gone.
Posted by Xryx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Thought I'd give CF one more go and try for a couple of bucket list items-- an air/offense shifter (had never tried either) and a Scion.

Had a pretty complex back-story and deeply developed role in mind. Knew Scion would be difficult but thought I'd have a fair shot. Maybe I didn't communicate my role well with those that mattered. I tried early on with a bunch of RP then got bored as it became clear Scion was not happening for reasons that felt unfair.

Kreozi-- You were great. Would probably still be sitting around in the mid-30s without my final forms if we hadn't crossed paths a month ago or so. Thanks for running around and ranking. Really liked your attitude and sense of humor. It's honestly ridiculous trying to rank up a non-tanking Zurcon-following Scion app. Haven't found a group in weeks and got less Imm exp/attention than I've ever had with a character that made it over a few dozen hours.

Sehdara- Thanks for hearing me out. If Zhenyen wasn't such (what appeared to be) a presumtuous absentee a-hole I'd probably have had a shot and liked running around with you even if I wasn't Scion material in the end. At least you were willing to listen a bit, acted like you cared. I really wanted to get into discussing research topics, which is where I felt I could have shined if given a chance. Though mainly you seemed to want to just fly around killing everyone rather than talk. Never got a sense of your role.

Zhenyen- I could rant on, but will try not to. You never met with me face to face, didn't ask why or follow up on anything important or of any substance. You basically just logged in exclusively after midnight, were impossible to catch up with (scared to lose your gear or what?), and then were presumptuous as hell without letting me explain anything or even being clear about what you meant. You asked questions, barely let me respond before saying I was either boring, crazy, or a spy. Then said we're done and ignored me. Wtf? You implied/assumed I knew why you were being so short. I had no idea what you were insinuating half the time, just nonsense. Your responses were rude and you presumably had some ooc assumptions that were way off base. Maybe you thought I was someone else or had ooc insider Scion knowledge--all of which I'd gathered myself in game completely outside of Scion. I was honestly baffled as to what your problem was and I've never had such a weak interaction with a cabal leader in several years of playing CF. And since it was in the middle of the night no Imms were around to moderate the situation. Pretty much ruined it for me.

Reksah- Thanks for responding to my note. If I actually believed there was Scion oversight going on, after chasing down Zhenyen for weeks to find only the worst interview ever, along with no Advisor, I might have stuck it out longer. Having one dormant Imm over things wasn't enough to motivate more than 100 hours of what was increasingly wasted time. I don't see why the immortal attention is not a bit more evenly spread around.

All in all, it's been some ups and downs. I've been around a lot in waves over the last ~3 years. I've mostly watched the drama from afar and tried to stay out of it. Lately far more frustration than fun so I'm done. Just not enough time in life for the kind of experience I just had with this game.

Anyhow, water under the bridge, dudes. Time to go bowling. Keep it real CF.
116154, Liked yer style. Thought ye were a great player.
Posted by Yuolud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for jumping in on ye today but frankly, yer havin t' admit it didn't go so well the few times I fought ye alone. Yer banter was really fun.

Yer also seemed pretty fearless and aggressive, a good kind o' player t' have around.
116155, Unless your just really tied to a character concept........
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I find it better let what has a decent shot at working out play into char decisions.

Playing an Empowerment char? Pick a god that is on when you are. Same thing if you need mortal induction promotion or whatever.

The downside is that this leans twd certain cabals being strong at certain times of day, but it is better than beating your head against the wall.

The exception to this is cabals w no leaders and no presence. Stick out this situatuion, and all of a sudden you could find yourself the leader.

116224, My comment about Zhenyen seemed to be deleted. lol.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about your luck.
116225, This really isn't the place to complain about active chars nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which I think you know.
116233, The complaint is really about the direction of Scion.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The fact that people have gone about making it some Elitist group that requires stupid "research" that will never really happen in CF. I think the point of Scion and that this place is a "game" has been truly lost with the superficial requirements that people have put on Scion applicants. Why does a duergar warrior need to have research ideas when they recieve none of the benefits the mages do? Why can't that duergar warrior just wish to see his deeds covered by Eternal Night..no no, he needs to want to see how quaggoth blood reacts with ice drake blood while holding a ritual under the sea with the King's trident in hand.
116234, RE: The complaint is really about the direction of Scion.
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Meh,

The research aspect of it CAN be really cool. I tried to include everyone based on their niche (class/race) to make something that might be believable. The problem is the current oversight(immortal leadership) either just doesn't care, or can't keep up and roll with the ideas.

If a chancellor has an idea for a big old ritual, or some long lost artifact that needs to be unearthed using different sacrificial lambs or skill sets of certain members/applicants. But if a current leader just doesn't want to bring people into the cabal unless they benefit him, that really doesn't have anything to do with the RP research aspect of Scion. With or without that RP research aspect (hideously dangerous rituals to uncover ancient powers and secrets! Muah ha ha) said leader likely wouldn't induct people one way or the other if they didn't want to.

Scion should definitely be about strong RP/PK, but that has to be tempered by "CF is a ####ing game, people play to have fun".
116219, Such a shame
Posted by Israh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.
I had looked forward to maybe negotiating something
which could have led to a nefarious experiment.