Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Aster Luchuck the Navigator of the Kara Chal Spirit, Touched by the Tempest, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115857
115857, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Aster Luchuck the Navigator of the Kara Chal Spirit, Touched by the Tempest, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 18 13:03:49 2013

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Aster perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:302
115864, Most fun ever.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My favorite character by far. Evidenced by the fact I made it past my usual deletion point of 125 hours. And con death on top of that! Thanks Corrlaan or whoever for the globals, I really enjoyed that and they were my first.

I rolled up Aster to be a "facilitator" of sorts. From day one I cared 0 about gear, winning, etc. I hoped to be someone with whom everyone could role play with, flesh out their characters, and I did my best to share Theran lore that I felt was relevant to their characters. Then, while not suicidal, I didn't prep much and didn't try super hard at PK. A nod to the PK crowd and chance for them to get their jollies as well. It was all about increasing everyone's fun, and I think I was at least somewhat successful with that.

I did feel a bit like a black sheep in Fortress for a lot of the time. Was also solo in Fortress for a lot of my 100-250 hour stretch. Herald might have been a better choice, but I think Fortress allowed me to actually interact with a wider spectrum of players. Fort guys, especially acolytes, it's not all about the Peekayz brah. But it's cool, I have zero real complaints about anyone. Except that one gathering I scheduled and no one showed, you blimey bastards. Probably all at church.

Extra special awesome thanks to: Neltouda, Corlx, Saersha, Keara, Toktok, and Kraldinor.

I didn't start off intending to be a Nelly follower, but it happened and ended up fitting quite nicely. Neltouda, I can't say enough about how much I love your role play. Thanks for sending me mugs of stout and prompting me to come see you. I'm not one to often seek immortal interaction, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stay away from you in the future. Absolutely inspiring, and double thanks for basically allowing me to attend to two religions at once. I let Aster adopt some of your speech patterns over time, but didn't want to go overboard with it. Man, I do love it though.

Corlx and Saersha. My first meaningful interaction as a lowbie was with you two, and since that first time we were fast friends. You both were a huge influence on how Aster evolved. I'm sorry I never made it with the switch over to Herald. When you're dead Corlx, I expect an explanation of what you had in mind mister. Kudos to you both for being so tight with each other and managing not to make others feel like a third wheel.

Keara. My Kalah. You probably don't even know it, but you are the reason I was successful with the more advanced portions of Neltouda's religion. Our very first talk you unlocked a tidbit of knowledge that allowed me to skyrocket in terms of nellyphilosophizing and also to link Aster in there with the religion in general. Add on top of that the constant gift giving of aura/shield/stoneskin preps, the fun interactions, etc. I wish we had a lot more time to explore and hang out. I really do.

Toktok. My fellow beard stroking pipeweed huffer. I don't know how we both got so old without much interaction between us, but you made the last few weeks in Fortress really enjoyable. I may not have many Maran to compare you to, but you were by far my favorite Maran and imo best role played one as well. I meant what I said about us being a fine pair to represent the walls, and all that in our last couple talks.

Kraldinor. Thanks for being an awesome enemy and some of those looooong fights we had just me vs. you were a ton of fun. Interactions were great too and I have much respect for you as a player. One fight between us was literally 1.5 hours long.

So yeah, this is getting super long. These were far from all of the characters I enjoyed and interacted with, but they are my absolute favorites. Also would prefer to have a conversation here instead of just a huge essay written by me.
115867, Did a good job
Posted by Nyst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In that you spoiled countless hunts for me and was always
a thorn in my side which is what fortress ranger is supposed
to do, I always thought.

You were also tricky to fight, and could have caused serious
trouble for me if you set your mind to it.

Good luck with your next.
115881, Thanks.
That second bit is a big compliment from someone as deadly as you. Basically it came down to preps. Unless I had just seen Keara, I rarely had any. Those few good fights we had were me having haste/aura/shield. I'm too lazy to always have that stuff heh.

EDIT: Seriously, deadly man. You were like a ghost sometimes. Minding my own business and BOOM insects are stabbing me and savage blows raining on my head.
115873, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ditto. I was hoping you'd pull off the herald transition and live a lot longer.
115879, My Ebani!
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could write a novel right now, but I won't.

I'll just leave it at, thank you so much for everything you did, from our first conversation when I was like rank 10, to the last few we had. Serious things, religions, wars, and funny things too, there wasn't really anything we didn't cover during our talks.

And I was so happy to find preps for you. Just made sense. Besides, I know a lot more for the future now too.

Best of luck with whatever you do next, Ebani. You're my favorite for sure.
115882, Learning.
For sure. You taught me a lot of hero level stuff too. I can gear/prep like a grandmaster at sub-35, but my hero knowledge is next to nil. Thanks for that.
115884, Happy to share
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty amazing what can take place when roleplay just happens. I never hesitated to take you anywhere I knew something special would happen or could be found. Showed or talked to you about all the quests I knew too.

Basically, this is a fun game. It is a hell of a lot more fun when you luck out like I did and find one or two or three characters IC that literally make your char go.

Now I'm sad. No more ebani, no more reason for me to collect talismans. Hell my prep bag can be cut in half too.
115891, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Dalenvyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awww. We'd only just started to talk. I really liked this character a lot. I could tell you put a lot of thought on what it meant to be good good aligned, an Acolyte and just the wars in general. I'm trying to do that with this character and it was really fun to talk to someone with a bit of a different viewpoint. Wish you'd have stuck around longer but we've got a few pretty vicious enemies out there these days. (Well, one gone with Krald age dead)
115894, Ditto.
I like your style and think you'll go far as an acolyte. Was looking forward to a few of you scribes working your way up.
115917, RE: Ditto.
Posted by Dalenvyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pssst. I'm a squire.
115918, What?
Seriously? I'm very sorry if that's the case. Was it not you and I in the inn not long ago talking? I just assumed scribe and wasn't one to really pay attention. Sorry about that.
115898, Oh bother...
Posted by Saersha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me sad. Great character, one of the nicest people in Thera for sure. Neltouda kind of hinted that we might have a lot in common, I'm thankful she did. Even though I had already planned on bugging you a lot, that really pushed me to do so even more.

I really appreciated how much you didn't seem to care about number efficiency and just played the character. Like the glass jar. I can't believe how long you carried that thing around. Pretty useless container and weighed too much, but good for keeping pipeweed fresh! Saersha has a container obsession, mostly because she's a PK beast.

Loved the character, truly.
115907, Thanks
Great compliments from a damn well role played character. I loved that jar and did hold it forever. I think I lost it in hell when I had to drop everything to get out.
115900, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Kulin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I held onto the letter that you gave me a long, long, time ago and had I not had my chest stolen by a nightwalker would have still had it. I greatly enjoyed what little chance at RP we had. Congratulations on a char well done.
115908, Awesome.
Glad you liked it. Sometimes I worried if random birds bringing people messages might get annoying. I also enjoyed the few interactions we had and am sorry we did not have more. Aster always had his ears buzzing with tells and/or people looking to take the orb.
115905, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm a little sad that I won't be able to watch you. You role played constantly which is always nice to follow. I think your situation is a classic example of you get what you put into it. You put in a lot towards learning the religion, and I probably should have given a little more. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come around again sometime.
115909, Aye
I really did enjoy it and I will come around again sometime. You gave me just enough, in fact more than enough. To be honest, what you gave me should have been over powered. Had I got my wilderness time back up at that point and built a set instead of wearing garbage... It could have got ugly for some people. Wasn't Aster's style however.
115920, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, you rat bastard! I had plans! Glad I got a chance to have a drink or four with you before you passed. You were a great character, and always willing to get caught in crazy shenanigans and schemes. Guess now I'll never get my trained monkey! You will definitely be missed. Roll up a Herald next time, you'll live longer...
115923, Hmm...
I'm very interested to find out who you are, and that isn't something I wonder about often. I think you might take the cake for my favorite Carrion Fields character ever.

Maybe I'll do a Herald some time. For now it's probably just back to uncaballed lowbie rangers.
115927, Great character! I really did enjoy Aster!
Posted by Voralia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought it was great to see a char that was so very focused on the RP-aspect.
I have some troubles combining that with my high "need" for PKing. I'll either login in in the mood for RP, PK or exploration. I can't really do all three in the same login. ;)

I liked our interactions and thanks for the help with things.

And yeah, Everything isn't about PKing, but being an Acolyte isn't all about being a passifist either. (Ofc you can be that if you wish.)

Anyway, I hope to see you soon again in some other incarnation.
115928, Great support role character.
Posted by Toktok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a power house of personality. I think I was aware of you from the moment you brcame a scribe. I really enjoyed all the time we drank smoked and talked I really think you could have saved a few con if you hadn't suicided yourself on me. Remind me when I'm dead so I can go into greater details. GLWYN
115970, RE: Great character! I really did enjoy Aster!
>I thought it was great to see a char that was so very focused
>on the RP-aspect.
>I have some troubles combining that with my high "need" for
>PKing. I'll either login in in the mood for RP, PK or
>exploration. I can't really do all three in the same login.
>;)

Totally understandable! Hence: nothing truly negative. Just busting your chops (all of you).

>
>I liked our interactions and thanks for the help with things.
>
>
>And yeah, Everything isn't about PKing, but being an Acolyte
>isn't all about being a passifist either. (Ofc you can be that
>if you wish.)
>

Totally agree!

>Anyway, I hope to see you soon again in some other
>incarnation.

Keep trucking with Voralia. We didn't directly interact much, but I do enjoy your representation of Voralia so far. Also neat to see her resurrected. I knew you were coming back the moment I saw Khonso's title, but he didn't seem to know it was regarding you until I asked him if it was.
115929, oops posted under voralia's
Posted by Toktok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
N/t
115972, Thanks man,
Much appreciated. Yeah, I was being a little gungho with the altruisms there at the end. I swear it wasn't supposed to be suicide, but man my timing could not have gotten worse in the later years.
115961, Hi
Posted by Aeede on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed our interactions.

I really like RPing with you in the Inn and on those hunts. I will miss you for sure. It was always fun to see you around. I know if I said "hello" to you, you will come to the bar for a chat.

I was hoping to make you a drunk. It was fun to pass those drinks to you and insisted that the weed will taste better with drinks.

I loved that time you came in the Inn and asked for 10 copies of this scroll and 10 copy of that scroll and then handed me 10 gold for my time. It was fun to interact with you. I also wanted to you to hold an event in the Inn, the one that did not go good in the Fortress.

GLWYN
115973, Aeede
My buddy. Thanks for always saying "hello" in the first place. I know we didn't talk much towards the end, but I enjoyed your support greatly and your interest in the Kara Chal. You were a big boon in the first half of Aster's life.
115968, Keep making solid characters.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This, more than anything else, is what draws people to the game and makes those who do play _want_ to play.

Great job, and good luck with your next.
115974, Ooo..
Thanks Akresius. Feels like a big compliment from you for some reason. Certainly will and think I nailed down my next role last night.
115969, Well done!
Posted by Andira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very impressed with Aster. We had an interesting relationship as two very different kinds of Acolytes. Good luck on your next! Play another Acolyte?
115976, Thanks.
Your back story is... well damn it's complex. At least the way you tell it. I wish our play times matched up closer. As it is we barely saw each other. Our takes on Acolyte, your story, and my story... Well that would have made for some damn interesting Acolyte-style inter-cabal conflict. Keep on keeping on.

EDIT: My next probably won't be an acolyte, but with Corrlaan back... Well, I won't be able to stay away for long. Easily my favorite goodie religion. I've avoided playing my favorite class (paladin), because of a lack of religions that fit my ideal concept of a paladin. So yeah, couple months and another char under my belt, I'll be back.
115987, Those wasps were soooo annoying!
Posted by Nalavi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to fight you but the damn wasps were new to me and with the constant damage and paralysis I ended up rarely sticking around to fight you. Other than that, it was pretty fun having a sorta nemesis that ranked up with me.
115990, Ah yes,
I enjoyed our fights as well. For future reference, just go under water and it pretty much kills the wasps off.
115997, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions. ;-)
116059, !!!!
Mission successful!
116058, RE: Most fun ever.
Posted by Zlij on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damned... I was lookin forward to our next pipesmokin religion meeting on da Maiden!

I just loved ta see you around and talk ta yeh mate. Ending alone in Hell is exactly the way I see a true Neltouda follower.

Glad I had the chance to know you. GLWYN
116060, Hey,
I enjoyed talking to you as well and was super jealous of your position as Herald scribe. Aster was too, but not quite as much as me. Sorry we didn't get more chances to talk.
116073, I thought I responded to this!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I watched Aster quite a bit and thought the character was really well played. Well done!
116075, Thanks shorty
We only interacted the one time and you yelled at Aster. ; ) It was pretty fun though.

My only semi-regret was not coming around to all the shrines (especially yours, I like the religion, but hate thirteen) and speaking to the immortals about their religions. Both so that I could learn and so that I could be more of a "spiritual guide" for people like I had intended. Help them learn their own religions or flesh it out, etc. Even just know more about how to support their role in general.

Came down to I didn't want to take up immortal time that could be spent watching/interacting with their actual followers.