Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115763
115763, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 11 19:39:31 2013

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Azkhaldier perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:150
115793, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What happened, I didn't think you were done kicking my butt yet. I thought you were a good battle rager and that we had many more fights left between us.

Hopefully you are having fun with something else.

--Mylene
115826, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by geenugs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first hero warrior. First non-OG conji hero as well and my first battle rager, so a ton of firsts for me (first last name too so thanks IMMS for that!). I think my newness came through alot, I just started working a new job and so my available hours have dwindled drastically, I only had a handful of deaths left after blowing through alot more con than I should have trying to explore, it just wasn't a good idea with my build. I also didn't realize the negative impact of constantly going after Tribunal, not sure what changed but I was getting blocked from entering cities etc, and maybe even a negative message from shoppies or something. Sorta put a damper on my spirits but eh.

I loved the experience for the most part, a few air/offense shifters (one in particular) had my number but I feel like I was really starting to get the hang of things and turned around from being a free kill to being able to hold my own from time to time. I took a ton of risks knowingly and unknowingly, partly because I really have no idea how to pvp at hero and partly because this was my first rager and I had every intention of playing it as close to balls to the wall as I knew how. Not really sure where I fell on that one.

I want to thank Brizlin for the induct, I loved everything about your char, the way you handled the cabal and the time you spent helping me learn the ropes, I just wish I had more time to continue playing. When I first started I was still unemployed and really hadn't expected landing a job when I did so I apologize for not running it through to the end but I do feel like I owed it to you guys to free up that slot sooner rather than later knowing I wouldn't have very many hours to continue playing.

I may take some heat for this too but I'll thank Mikhian for the amount of information and time he spent trying to help me out. It was a love/hate relationship, on the one hand I enjoyed having someone around with a similar build that was having much more success than I was so that I had a direct example to learn from. On the other hand you were often times demanding and judgmental which just made interactions with your char on an IC level really hard sometimes. I still to this day have no idea how I could have made it clear IC that I wanted to play my char my way and as someone new to hero I wanted the chance to learn from my mistakes in addition to applying advice you wanted to give.

Everyone else in the Village I had a great time with, what little I did see of everyone seemed pretty good. I will say I apologize to some of the people I recommended simply because it was my first Villager and I was really coming to grips with making sure I was doing everything I needed to before putting my name out there and vouching for someone.

I talked with a ton of characters off and on and wouldn't know where to begin with goodbyes so I'll just say if we interacted I enjoyed it, no one really rubbed me the wrong way, I spent alot more time than I would have liked being constantly compared to Mikhian in every way aside from pk ability... I hope that I was able to set myself apart as an individual after we actually interacted.

I've got some logs of some close calls and/or kills I had so if anyone wants them just let me know and I'll throw them up somewhere.
115834, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Brizlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you played a good villager. Now that I hear it was you first hero warrior and first Rager to boot I think you did exceedingly well. Be proud of this character. Really well done, sir. Come back soon.
115848, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azkhaldier T'lingaz the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by geenugs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks I appreciate the compliment