Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sleris the Affirmation of Life, Acolyte of the Crone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115711
115711, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sleris the Affirmation of Life, Acolyte of the Crone
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jul 9 14:38:45 2013

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Sleris perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:270
115715, A wonderful ride
Posted by Sleris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First true outlander, had quite a few pseudo. Habitual healer. Fun times. Thanks for everyones support and the most excellent learning of how Thar-Eris works. Not the time for a healer at the tree, and I need a break from spaming rejuvenate. I could have stuck it out but it was quite miserable to have a double team of scion and emperor constant, If I wasn't trying to retrieve and fighting Kral and that @#$$#@#$ wolverine, I was attempting to defend alone to Kral and that ^&**&^^^%% wolverine along with a hoard of spireling empire and scion at once. Good learning experience(very good I might add), not fun play. Once again to many people to mention but Ekearok and Mendos great job and damn I wish Koa would have stuck around. Kral I secretly have a love want to stick a spear in your jugular relationship. I knew I had a hard task to begin with crone and you were right. And don't worry Im not going anywhere, just pursuing other options.
And learning new things.
Sleris Rue
Quetzal Longwing
Brinblebum Blackstone
Break from healers a while I do think.
115716, Hi,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions.
115718, Robot Matrik is at it again...NT
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no text, can't you people read?
115719, Now I understand why you always forgot flight.
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyway kudos on sticking it out as long as you did in a crappy situation. Solo healer just isn't doing much.

I hated you and Koa when I saw an already dominant fortree had an invoker and another healer on the way up when hero Empire was pretty much just me, but I eventually came to respect you as the rest of the outlanders imm'd or disappeared (at least during my play times) and fort got old leaving you to try to get something going (at least you tried).

Maybe try an orc next.
115730, RE: Now I understand why you always forgot flight.
Ive got something brewing
115731, So I have to ask...
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you intend this character to be a "killer" healer?

That was the impression I got from your role and roleplay. Distinctly.

Normally, sphere Death healers are exempt from the Crone's "kill-a-necromancer" empowerment quest, as I presume (and has been the case in the past), that my sphere Death healers are sphere Death for reasons unrelated to the *culling* concept most of my other sphere Death followers are going for.

However, the distinct impression I got with Sleris is that he wanted to go for the culling role, and so, screw it, I gave him the kill-a-necromancer empowerment quest. It's not as if there hadn't been successful healer PKers in the past (I sure as heck can't pull it off - so no judgement here - but others can.)

Yet as I watched you, you were never successful in the endeavor. I actually began to find it suspect that you managed to kill a necromancer relatively quickly after being given the quest, because you never manged to kill anyone after that (at least, not for a LONG time if you did.) I began to wonder how you managed to fairly quickly efficiently kill that one necromancer and then have a virtually lifelong PK dry spell after that?

I was kind of hoping that Sleris would evolve the roleplay to reflect a more traditional healer role, but I never saw any movement in that direction from you. I had even intended to initiate that at some point, but my MUD play time has not gone as I hoped/planned this summer. Any kind of tattoo consideration was off the table until I saw something reconcile with your stated modus operandi vs. your actual outcomes.

Anyways, would just love your insights on the *culling* RP you seemed to have that didn't reflect your outcomes, and how you felt in terms of success/failure towards that goal, etc. The character seemed *fine* to me as far as it goes, but this disconnect with the presented role concept (as I saw it) confused me.
115733, RE: So I have to ask...
Posted by Wyglacio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My $0.02 aka 'some thoughts related to'

I find that player to player interactions (both PK and RP) don't always go as planned in CF, and these days with a less active playerbase these moments happen somewhat more quickly and with less frequency.

So sometimes as I'm playing a character I end up leaning on a certain aspect of my roleplay more heavily than the rest, simply because that's the one that's easiest and most frequently accessed. Sometimes there's a whole mode change - and (for me, at least) it tends to be motivated by a desire to play better with the company my character keeps.

So what I write in my role is kind of a whole story I hope for and hae planned for, but not generally a totally accurate picture of the character it generated.

Tangentially - Sleris did seem very cabalwars oriented from my perspective, even if he didn't personally manage to kill much, which is pretty expected for a healer in most people's hands.
115735, Sleris was always trying to mix it up from what I saw......
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He just didn't have any backup. If he had some allies, he might have gotten some kills gating to convulsing foes and such.

The situatuon he usually faced was getting dispelled and tripped/bashed to death.
115737, RE: So I have to ask...
I wanted to try and pull off the opportunist murderous healer, that brought the wilds back to power yadayadayada, then all of my buddies immed or left, the only reason I got that necro that I had been hunting for ages, was I finaly found out where she was hiding in a void of some sort, ran in while she was recovering and waylayed her, somehow that never really happened for me again, most of the time I was at a disadvantage in pk situations from the jump but went in anyways trying to learn the curve you could say. I can vouch though that many died or bleed heavily while under your blessings, and I never questioned never seeing you again. I knew you were quite busy given the timing, Ill be back trust me just kind of bouncing around right now getting all aspects you could say. After that many healers I need a major break from not just empowerment or RP(which is the main reason I play the game) but more so back to the reason I started playing in the first place, to go kick some ass while I got to rp. But Ive never been good at pk that's why I stick to healers Im really good at em plus there are loads more interactions as a healer in my personal experience. you see a lot more of the game.
115738, Oh and to actually answer your question
I thought the character a huge success, as I said Ive never played outlanders, and the depth is amazing, so expect to see me there soon again. I just came in at the beginning of a dry spell, and with 6 or 7 con and falling, no one to run with when I was logged, and when I would be exploring a nice little vulture was subject to fly in at anytime. I felt like I was at a proverbial brick wall. So I did what anyone who likes to enjoy the game would do, and ended it before I was cursing my laptop and spazzing uncontrollably.
115759, I loved Sleris.
Posted by As a first time outlander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My warrior (who started his life just with Sleris) wood-elf con-died too fast to be able to explore around with you. The other problem was playing times, which seemed to be a little different.

GLWYN