Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115644
115644, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 5 10:41:34 2013

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Oqa perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:190
115662, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Oqa/Gorach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good stuff, but no more two handed paladins for me...
Everyone, thanks a lot, all in all an enjoyable character. A lot of the joy came from the interactions with Whyisdan. You didn't back out after my long absences and were always prepared to go with the flow. Thanks a lot for a short first empowerment process. I realize I wasn't around enough (and wasn't too consistently RP-ing, without ever really going OOC, though) to deserve 2 'essences', but that's just fine. Thanks for playing along.

Gorach
115663, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved oqa, wondered what had happend to you.
Have fun with your next.
115664, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Randoniel is what happened :) I was unaware of the fact that 2 people in the same cabal is against the rules, so I decided at some point I was going to focus on Randoniel first, and then Oqa. Seems the period was too long, and I couldn't really get into Oqa anymore; even though she was great fun in the beginning.
115675, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Tolgrumm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was almost 100% sure Randoniel was you (player of Gorach) since our history goes back to far -- and how many extremely competent Fort elf bard players are there? -- but had no idea you were Oqa. I wish I had seen more of you, but like you said, I think the hiatus broke up the character too much.

Hope I run into another character of yours sometime down the line.
115680, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Oqa was actually very fun to do, but I only got like 60-70% out of her. I had some I ideas I was mulling over, but I just couldn't get myself into them anymore. (Whyisdan by the way is reaaaaaally cool - did I already mention that :)?)

Fortress will be my first and probably last love. After having done all cabals, I still prefer Fortress (also because inherently I'm just a good person :)). So you'll probably see me soon enough again (if I can find the time: I just became a father for the second time, and holy cow, it's hard to find an hour hiatus to dedicate to the game).

Gorach
115682, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the...
Posted by Tolgrumm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations! My little girl just turned a year old today -- there's nothing like that experience.

Hard to believe how much things have changed IRL and in game in the past 11 years, when you as Gorach and me as Shaitarak were kicking around with Wasarbre.

</reminisce>
115683, Those were the days ... :) (nt)
nt
115676, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only met you a few times, but you were very nice.

GLWYN
115658, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oqa L'Quar the Champion of the Virtues, Self-Proclaimed Tiny He/She-Giant
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good fights. I was happy I got the ring back I lost to you and Oshui, but I don't think I saw you again after that. Of course I just turned around and lost it to Packatt w Greyjan who I never saw again either.