Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian of the Valkallyr, Rhyme of Resistance
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115583
115583, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian of the Valkallyr, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 29 18:34:20 2013

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ujesken perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:325
115748, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian ...
Posted by Ujesken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure how I can post on Officials now, but thanks if someone fixed my account!

Put 600+ hours into CF with my past two characters and at the end of the day the fun per time required for CF seem pretty far off compared to other modern games. It's not about graphics for me, and never has been (I played Duke Nukem, Diablo, and N64 in the late '90s when I was also playing CF a lot). I guess I've been spoiled by games like Guild Wars and League of Legends, and can't get back into the CF groove. It seems too serious, tedious, and balanced too much around items and niche situations. I get that this makes for a deeper, more immersive RP experience, but I'm mostly after that adrenaline rush with some RP on the side helping to frame that PK experience. I thought about trying to Imm, but don't think what I enjoyed about CF is the same thing many of the current staff enjoy.

Appreciate you guys putting a lot of effort into administrating the game which you do for no pay and few thanks. Thank you.

Drave: Loved fighting with you. Wish you had stuck around. Would have rather fought with you than bonded with most mages.

Svindabinden: Thanks for all the help. Not sure what happened at the end. Cheetah was awesome.

Mylene: Thanks for the help. I liked the overly optimistic naive roleplay. Kudos.

Huran: My favorite interviewee. Blew me away with what you brought to the interview.

Xiadra: I could never figure you out. Loved your roleplaying.

Cel: Was nice to have someone else that played a lot to run around with, and was interested in pking. Conjurers are pretty powerful by themselves, but with bash+cutoff it is just ugly. Sorry I had to curb your PK hunger a little, and get on you about being wanted. If you read the books in the Nexus cabal, we're not actually supposed to aggressively kill people until the balance is heavily tipped, but everyone else seemed fine with doing it when it was lightly tipped and I think it would be boring if we had to actually follow that book so I started ignoring it. But I couldn't let it get too far out of hand. Hope you understand. It tickles me we got the phrase for that sword, then got the sword.

Gedunthos: I always felt bad about taking your stuff because I've played a duergar thief and didn't like it at all.

Hahrgor: Loved your RP. In the end I couldn't guilt you into staying anymore because I started thinking about deleting myself.

Maeroch: Wish you had stuck around some more.

Traqux and others: Thanks for helping retrieve so much.

Kraldinor: I enjoyed the character but I gotta admit the RP felt pretty non-evil to me at time. It's one of those fun or rp situations. I'm okay either way.

Bharhum: Enjoyed your roleplay. I chuckled running through a city, greeting you with a nod as I ran past. Glad you enjoyed the arena event.

Eidiol: I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but I rarely carried reduce potions. If you had reduced, it wouldn't have been so easy to kill you. APs can be a hard fight for warriors.

Arratok and Skulda: Enjoyed our RP at the Warrior's Bar.

Toktok: Thanks for the Thunderlance ;) Those things are nearly impossible for non-goods to get.

Vhateel: You had me actually considering that mummy curses prevent teleport until I went back and looked at the log and saw I was underwater. I'm such a newb. Remember that time I teleported like 5 times all within one area of Udgaard? Yeah, that sucked. Thankfully the next one was to Voralian City so I could heal up.

Glaucis/Gilut/Delfan/Cabrefen/Rustoa/Akzha/Mikhan: Thanks for the fights.

Saersha/Corlx/Zlij/Aeede: Thanks for the chats.

Akresius: Thanks for answering the prayers and the custom long. I'm guessing I needed more 1v1 wins or something like that before I got the tattoo. Sorry, I couldn't pull it off with this build and my current internet situation. I hope you weren't waiting to just let time pass, because in all my years I've never played a character past ~370 hours. I don't really play for Imm favor, but if I'm going to get a tattoo it would be nice to have it for a few hours before I delete or con die. I remember two characters of mine back in the day that got tattoos sub 30, and another sub 40. All three had far, far inferior RP to Ujesken. But that was back when CF seemed less serious and more fun. One good roleplaying session could land you a tattoo. But hey, it's your ink and your game, give it to whoever you want.

Ujesken was a sphere Beauty follower of Akresius. He viewed Nexus as the opportunity to perpetuate eternal conflict and combat by ensuring no one side dominated and brought peace. I didn't realize Akresius was so concerned about 1v1 until I saw Swaretti's good bye thread on the forum. And by that point I knew I wasn't going to be successful in lots of 1v1 matchups seeing as how my fights with Battle were going. This is my second warrior in Nexus, and I really miss haste.

Anyway, I tried to sorta shift it to more of the big picture organizational type beauty/combat/victory. I'm spreading the religion amongst the people by stirring up fights. This fit nicely with being leader (thanks Drave and/or Svind!). Akresius asked me to commission painting to convey what I was talking about so I asked Shamise to do one (Thanks Shamise!). I also wanted to paint a live picture, so I threw an Arena Event and invited Nexus, Tribunal, and Heralds that had about 12-13 people participate, with a handful more coming in and out to spectate or interfere. I consider that wildly successful. Got the custom long after that. Never had one of those before, so that was pretty neat. Thanks.

So I think it is back to lingering around the QHCF OT board if anyone wants to find me.

Hutto, the Sleepy
115754, One of my favorite rhymes ever
Posted by legobelt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, can you PM me your LoL username? :D
115757, RE: One of my favorite rhymes ever
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seconded. A bit of league would be wunderbar.
115756, I don't think We ever fought one on one when I had more than just my 'leave the palace' preps up
Posted by Eidiol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I fancied my chances though
115758, Ujesken entraps your weapon!
Posted by Toktok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great role-play throughout that whole incident. I enjoyed it - Thanks!
115760, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian ...
Posted by cel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved having another to run around all the time and you're right, bonded with someone who can keep people in battle made cel feel 10x stronger. I'm glad we could get you that sword to play with a little bit. you've left rather big shoes to fill at the nexus.

glwyn
115761, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian ...
Posted by Drave on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I liked running around with you but a 2 year old and a newborn I just had to give it up. I didn't post on my own thread so good bye to everyone it was good times my only character of note was Ghafler and I don't even know if he was noteworthy

PS drave was short for Draven in LoL couldn't come up with anything else
115971, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ujesken Jyo-tan the Guardian ...
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>
>Akresius: Thanks for answering the prayers and the custom
>long. I'm guessing I needed more 1v1 wins or something like
>that before I got the tattoo. Sorry, I couldn't pull it off
>with this build and my current internet situation. I hope you
>weren't waiting to just let time pass, because in all my years
>I've never played a character past ~370 hours. I don't really
>play for Imm favor, but if I'm going to get a tattoo it would
>be nice to have it for a few hours before I delete or con die.
>I remember two characters of mine back in the day that got
>tattoos sub 30, and another sub 40. All three had far, far
>inferior RP to Ujesken. But that was back when CF seemed less
>serious and more fun. One good roleplaying session could land
>you a tattoo. But hey, it's your ink and your game, give it to
>whoever you want.

Ujesken was a great character. Your RP was stellar, and you did everything that was asked of you. When I get around to tidying up my shrine, I would like to add the painting you commissioned to be added to it, with your permission. Although Akresius isn't a fan of the arena (he likes combat to the death), the event you staged in his name was nothing short of remarkable, and I was honored to attend. (I wish you had won a few more fights, though :-P)

You are right in what I was looking for to bestow my tattoo. The Gank-o-Meter was certainly not the only determining factor in my decision, but I do keep tabs on it. When it creeps up over 2.0, that tells me that you are fighting more group vs. group than single combat. That you knew what was expected of you to earn the tattoo shows how well you understood Akresius' religion. You strove for something and ultimately did not achieve your goal.

And, you know what? That's okay. That doesn't mean you "lost" the game. If you had fun with Ujesken, then you won. I tried to reward you in every way possible short of the tattoo because I felt those rewards were what your character earned. I had a great time watching you and interacting with you.

Thank you for helping to renew my interest in CF. I wish you all the best for your future characters.
115601, Tough
Posted by Ruosti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When Ruosti is done ill reveal more (if I remember to at that time) but lets just say you had more to do than you probably know with this character development.

You were tough as hell too. Nice style using the overhead to finish me that time I was stuck at those centurions. I saw you as a ghost and hoped you weren't reformed soon and busy with something else to pay me any mind but I wasn't so lucky.

Fun fights.
115600, Oh Dear Rhyme
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed having you about, I am truly saddened to see this as I would have liked to have a Rhyme stick around for a few votes. I thought you did well, and I tried to help out where I could.

Too Bad you couldn't have lasted at least another week as I'll be done with vacation then :).

Sorry to make this brief, I'll post a longer good bye when I'm not on a beach but I wanted to let you know that you will be missed.

--Mylene
115795, RE: Oh Dear Rhyme
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now that I am back, you really brought new life into Mylene. When we ran around I had a lot of fun, and hasted and enlarged you did some nasty things. I wish you would have stayed around longer as I think that there was a lot more fun to have, but I can understand that when it isn't fun, it's time for something else.

Thank you for everything you did, and I hope I made your time as enjoyable as you made mine.

--Mylene
115591, Hi,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions.
115977, Ujesken!
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really dug your style and role play. The blood painting with axes as paint brushes and all that was really cool.
115590, I liked this character.
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One he was not a mindless balance drone. He had personality and you could tell when he was balanced to a side he didn't want to support. It appeared to me like he actually had internal conflicts.

He also was always calm and collected infront of me, and always willing to help out in things.

What ever became of your skyflash attempt? GLWYN!
115588, WTF?
Posted by Kulin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of my favorite Nexuns. I'm very sad to see you go.