Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Eidiol the Unyielding Dark Knight, Imperial Dread Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115504
115504, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Eidiol the Unyielding Dark Knight, Imperial Dread Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 22 17:31:45 2013

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Eidiol perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:385
115534, Hi,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mildly enjoyed our interactions.
115512, The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
;)

385 hours is a long time, I probably don't remember all of it, but I was heading for another early con death just as I was starting to develop a role. I was two deaths from deletion without having reached fire control when I got leadered and given a con quest. I owe the last hundred hours or so and my entire time as Dreadlord to that, so thankyou to Rayihn for allowing me to play things out longer.

Lots of PK frustration still, but just some of the time things fell into place and I felt I was doing sufficiently well to justify a sect leader position. Didn't really land a lot of kills but hopefully I scared a few people. I think I got to about 40 charges overall, but I think I only got one during my last ten deaths or so and I still have a long way to go before I'm sufficiently good at PK for unholy blessing (and not just controls if you can reach them) to be a positive.

The other part of being leader was handing out advice, scraps of gear and orders. It isn't called the Nicelord though, and while I mostly stuck to positive reinforcement I thought I had moments where the evil did come through.

The role was a fairly late development, they don't seem to coalesce in my head until around the 200 hour mark it seems. I built on things I'd ad-libbed in conversations, like which parent was the elf and eventually came out with a complicated character with a colourful history.
115513, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by Belendithas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now I get the comment that the end of our final fight was not only a first, but probably a last.

An enemy I could count on coming after me. Seems you did most of the logins we were both on at the same time. And do I ever dislike the damn summon circle. Kudos for hunting alone.

GLWYN
115517, Lots of fun for me fighting you
Without good there can be no evil! Terrorising acolytes was one of my favourite things (even if it only got me a couple of charges) so thanks for that, and well done on getting me in the end.
115515, Kudos
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, you became a lot more than I ever expected. There was exactly two people in the entire Sect that I wanted in my wing and you were one of them. Not at first...you were definitely a ghost more often than most but you started to pull it together.

I really thought it was cool later on how we worked together, even despite being anathema (figure it's fine to chat it out since we're both dead). Giving me locations of Imperials I wanted gone (*cough* #### you Merf *cough*), and telling me when to leave as you were "hunting" me with the Emperor... added a lot of spice. I had wild dreams at some point that you'd get a vote as Dreadlord and you'd vote for me (and some others would also) but it never came to pass. I knew there was the option that you were just doing all of this so I didn't come massacre you and take your weapon, which is fair... so kind of curious if you were serious about waiting for the Emperor to die or not.

Best of luck on any future anti-paladins - I'm actually curious though, how was the half-elf AP edge? Was it worth getting, was it expensive, etc?

Cheeers
115516, RE: Kudos
Yes, I remember Noviask telling me I needed to shape up, and then not having any more trouble with him after that.

Helping you out wasn't out of fear so much, with me as Dreadlord and you as anathema I think the risk/reward was in my favour so far as taking each others weapons. I was sort of playing both sides, Kraldinor was definitely still in charge but you seemed to be a credible challenge to that and I was keeping you on side in case of those wild dreams. Joining in an insurrection would have been cool but Kraldinor had done too much to earn Eidiol's loyalty for Noviask to completely sway him. If I had lived past Kraldinors death things would have been interesting and much more so if we both had.

Half-elf felt kind of like taking a 'no iron' flaw at first but I quickly found replacements for slots I'd usually fill with iron. I think humans are a better pick for A-Ps, the point of strength seems more important than the intelligence but I don't crunch the numbers enough to be informed about that. I thought the edge was broken at first, it doesn't actually seem to do what the helpfile says. I prayed and bugboarded it to no response so I assume it's about saves rather than resistance or something. Would have taken just about any other edge over it.

I *might* do a necro or an evil conji next but let's be honest it's probably going to be another A-P.
115519, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by Tolgrumm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job sticking it out with another character and for getting sect leader! Much respect for your willingness to throw down.

I thought you had me that time you slept me in the Imperial Lands, but RNG was on my side. :)
115527, Imperial Lands
RNG sealed the kill for you when I lost concentration on teleport which was at 97% but it was my errors that saved your life. I burned through nearly all of my mana trying to land a curse, after your PBF came out I realised you probably had shining soul which you hadn't done before when I'd been able to land curses.. After a certain point it should have become obvious curse wasn't going to work, and worldbind in that situation could have been very bad for you.

I was actually trying to keep to a "don't throw down so much" policy but I kind of can't help myself.
115520, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by Brizlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't tell you how much I respected this character. I could see there were days when you were taking a few hits but you always kept right at it. Our conversations where top notch and even when I think you might have been a bit frustrated when we fought like our close battle on Crumbling Road you always handled it in character and excellently. Really, really, enjoyed our interactions. Good luck.
115526, Crumbling Road
Losing a fight that might have gone differently is much less frustrating than being hit with a nerve;doublespin which kills me outright.

In hindsight, I could very easily have won by summoning something else to tank for me while you were thirsting, but I get that a lot..
115521, After Madoc I said I didn't think I'd recognize you next time...
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wrong.

Anyway, great job on making it that long. When I found myself without a Dread Lord, promoting you initially was just to shuffle some things around, but you convinced me to let you hang on to it (and won the challenge we had come up with).

I think you might be served by playing something other than AP then coming back to the class once things have had a chance to settle in a bit, but then again, I am running out of circle makers.

Also, I want credit for coining the phrase "Nice Lord." I actually came up with it when talking to Noviask about taking Madoc's weapon after Madoc had died in a defense. Madoc was like a day away from con death at that point though.
115523, RE: After Madoc I said I didn't think I'd recognize you next time...
Posted by Etion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always a pleasure running Around with the current Dreadlord. Keep trucking kagu.
115529, Don't think it was any mystery who I was
I took care of business when you were gone though, got a few new Black Magicians.

I think there were still a few days left in Madoc at that point, a little longer I might have got a con quest, without which Eidiol would have been less successful.
115528, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way you are progressing here is really inspiring on a lot of fronts. You keep doing what you're doing, also, I enjoyed playing with you in game, even though our interactions were minimal.
115533, Great RP in Rayihn's Shrine.
Posted by Rydell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome Job - I really thought I might be able to turn you against the Emperor eventually. :) Totally stepping up the RP.

I've now interacted with the last 5 of your characters and each one keeps getting better.

Keep it up!
115535, You will be missed at the Inn
Posted by Aeede on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was fun to see you in the Inn and not causing havoc. Enjoyed drinking whiskey and talking. It was fun.

GLWYN
115543, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by Tiribew on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll miss you too buddy, even the torment and anquish you put me through. Who's gonna do that now... ? Don't answer that cause everyone torments me. I had a great time with our exchanges and it was usually a great time when you were around.
115545, Darnit all...
Posted by Heshim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Still never managed to catch you unprepared enough to seal the deal. Had fun trying to kill you, and sorry it ended up just letting other mages have an easy time. :P

GLWYN
115548, Galadon sewers?
You landed a full bind on me when I was totally unprepped and the blindfold stayed on long enough that I couldn't do something useful like recall or deadly like flight ;)

Don't worry I also have a harder time remembering my victories than my defeats.
115549, oooooh yeah!
Posted by Heshim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regardless, every other time we fought I got my trash kicked. :) Come play team battle!!
115565, I enjoyed our interactions
Posted by Delfan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Still pissed you got me that time, I should have known better. Well done by you though sir. We had our back and forths but I enjoyed every battle. GLWYN
115611, RE: The most deathful half-elf antipaladin
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just figured out why the title was funny (I went to check to compare you to the others). How could Empire not be powerful with the most deathful Half-Elf Antipaladin, the most deathful Felar Antipaladin, and maybe the most deathful Fire Giant Shaman all running around at the same time?
115511, Good job!
Posted by Nilavi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could tell that you were perhaps a little new to the game or the class and you died so much, but you were always a presence and kept trucking away so I admired you a bit. Good luck with the next!
115506, Thanks for the talks.
Posted by Voralia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And thanks for the last duel, a shame it became such an anti-climax when you realized you had 2 more deaths. At least it was someone of the fortress that took your last kill.

It was nice to get to share a part of your role there, it sounded quite interesting, I'll look forward to reading your PBF.

I hope to see you in the fields soon again.
115505, Thanks for keeping me company through the delirium
Posted by Delilah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun exploring, shame we never met our goal.

I don't think anyone understand Delilah like you do and you were really cool about it
115514, And if anything that made you more dangerous
At least, I lost as much con exploring with you as I would have if I'd kept you as an enemy, but had a lot of fun that I wouldn't have otherwise. Suspension of disbelief was easy with you and grinds didn't feel like grinds. Liked you a lot and will miss keeping your company.