Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=115153
115153, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 3 05:22:56 2013

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Koa perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:193
115157, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Posted by Koa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Koa was loads of fun in the beginning, I rose through the ranks rather quickly had my shields mastered probably just as quick. This was a time where Outlander was at full swing and perhaps the most fun I've had in the cabal to date. There where times I felt like a definite powerhouse and others where I foiled under numbers and force.
I never bothered with my aura/shield rods as their are other sources for that however my black rod stumped me throughout my chars life. Koa was meant to be another swing at a 7-path invoker after Xanta. Seeing as I feel like any nexun mage other than shifter/conjurer is in a definite hard mode with the curse of spellbane. And as Xanta always wandered what it'd be like to unload this force on more than just villagers primarily. Koa was a fun ride for sure in this sense, as I could pretty much run through a few opponents at a time with not much effort necessary. The Invoker class as a whole is a definite powerhouse granting you so many spells to get you out of trouble and bring the pain to others quite effectively. After a failed Meanniaphi and Charice it felt good to know I was able to accomplish a few things as Koa. Her ultimate goal was to be Harbinger but Ekaerok at the time was far more fitting, maybe next time. My log ins started to come to a halt as Koa with the tree having dwindled in size became more of a chore to log into than fun as she was before. Thank you all for this experience and especially you Lady Rayihn. Top-notch RP is always found in your midst.

It saddened me both IC and OOC to see the Burden you carried Rayihn, for all you do and the venom that is spewed in your direction at any chance a player gets. Someones bitter words will always ring clearer than those of thanks. But I can speak for both myself and others when I say we truly appreciate what you do. Course I've been frustrated by the gifts of Rayihn when on enemy side. The reign of Oshui when I was Charice was a tough one. But it's a GAME, a free one at that that I watch you pour hours upon hours into it with no true reason other than the fact that you love the environment. I'd watch you jump from Baer with Empowerment interviews to Rayihn, and back all the while continuing to implement what you could while retaining seperate roles throughout. You are a boon in itself. When things occur in other games that players don't necessarily agree with, they are not given the opportunity to spew their venomous thoughts at the board of moderators all they can do is leave. Were as here people can speak out and express their opinion which I do enjoy for the most part, but some take advantage of that. Thank you Imm's for all you've done and still do. And I'll be playing this game as I can, when I can for as long as it is running.

I've interacted with many so just drop a goodbye and I'll reply.

Samvrita, Samaiya, Meannaphi, Thevara, Charice ,and a few others.
115158, Heart!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you. You're going to get me all teary eyed! You're one of my faves (nutcases please do not read OMG Raybaer favortism into that) and a genuine asset to the game. I enjoyed Koa as I've enjoyed all of the others of yours I've been lucky enough to interact with.
115230, Wot?
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thank you. You're going to get me all teary eyed! You're one
>of my faves (nutcases please do not read OMG Raybaer favortism
>into that) and a genuine asset to the game. I enjoyed Koa as
>I've enjoyed all of the others of yours I've been lucky enough
>to interact with.

"all of the others of yours"

"You're one of my faves."

"It's not favoritism."

As the years pass, I begin to think the nutcases are quite a bit less nutty than you make them out to be.

Shame on them for thinking you watching a particular player, flat out calling them a favorite, and then claiming non-favoritism isn't evidence of favoritism.

115244, RE: Wot?
Yes because you know I flew around as a silver phoenix quest form casting nova's from the heavens....you sound ridiculous. Favoritism is warranted to IMM's just as much as Mortals in the sense of their favorites to RP with. I walk a thin-line b/w wishes. The biggest thing that has always brought me back to Rayihn is her amount of time allocated to each personal char under her. Which is perhaps one of the best perks. If you research ANY of the chars she's accounted for being her favorites you'd realize there hasn't been any favoritism thrown my way in the sense of boons. Once again acid spews from those who could do best to just enjoy the game as we do.
115245, Acid?
Don't be so sensitive.

I enjoy the game just fine and have 0 complaints. Except maybe the log board. I hate the log board.

I don't care if you were flying around as a silver phoenix. That wouldn't bother me at all. I'm just pointing out that if "someone" cares about being accused of having "favorites" they probably shouldn't say something like "you are one of my favorites."

Maybe "someone" doesn't care. That's fine too.

Once again acid spews from those who are overly defensive.
115265, Favorite != Favoritism.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are playing fast and loose with words that have specific meanings.

"Favoritism" means you give someone unfair preferential treatment. The person you give preferential treatment need not be your "favorite" in order for you to show favoritism.

Conversely, having a "favorite" does not necessarily mean, or even imply that you are giving that "favorite" unfair preferential treatment.

So really, having a "favorite" is not "evidence" of "favoritism." At all.

ANYWAY ....
115266, Thanks
I didn't understand that dynamic at all. It's all clear to me now.

Huh, seems odd though. Kind of thought having an immortal watching you meant you were more likely to get things like immortal experience, rewards, titles, interaction, etc. Then, if someone says you are their favorite to watch...

ANYWAY ....

It's best not to bloody the waters if you don't want the sharks in a frenzy.

Best too, not to see the dolphin for a shark when he's just along for the ride.
115271, How dare you point out inconsistencies with logic!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you know you can't bring up a serious issue these days? Otherwise you're a hater and someone who wants to ruin CF.
115246, Hit a nerve?
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why so defensive? He was only pointing out how it is POSSIBLE for the nutjobs to think their ideas of immspiracies are strengthened when an imm uses such terms in a character's goodbye. He isn't being one of those nutjobs, he was only pointing something out referring to them.

Now, the fact that you were so quick to refute anything he said, with such passion, can only back up the idea that you in fact were in on some immspiracy scandal. :) JK! Everyone needs to lighten up, at least to the point where we can spot sarcasm, and be able to laugh at it.

Wicked troll, Matty.
115253, RE: Hit a nerve?
I didn't feel any way about the statement other than the fact that making such replies open up fairgrounds for someone to say something that only ruins the moods of those who do work hard to keep balance in the game. Peoples words do take a toll on the IMM's I was just making that clear.
115260, RE: Hit a nerve?
Haters are going to hate, way she goes bubs. Yes I wish there were no such comments, and am well ####ing aware it takes a toll on the staff, we're all VERY ####ING AWARE, thank you for the reminder(we miss you Z). If, however, we can all laugh at the haters, they no longer have any influence. Take their power away, and laugh.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*nightlaugh*
115289, I find it funny that
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the three of you seem to believe that anyone with a critique of Rayihn is insane, since becoming a staff member makes you critically vuln_criticism.

And your defense of that viewpoint is a post like this.
115294, I find it funnier
that you think the three of us are agreeing with each other. What the #### were YOU reading?

I love constructive criticism, especially to the ones wielding all the power, they should be criticized if they're being unfair. But the mindless bitching about imms overrewarding WITHOUT JUST CAUSE*, is poison to the game. Bitching about imms getting rewards to their mortals, when the person bitching has never even played with said mortal, is extremely stupid and it happens a lot. I've played with every one of Twist's last mortals, and they all were top notch characters who deserved every reward they got. I can't and won't speak for other IMM's mortal characters though.
115160, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Posted by Sleris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unfortunate, we could have had some good times.
115161, I liked you.
Posted by J Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you would have been a great Harbinger, but Ekaerok, well, he was an uncommonly good choice.

You made me smile one time when I died in the Imperial Lands and got looted. You scolded me about how it strengthened the Empire. What you didn't know is that I was desperately trying to Con-die so one of you two could have the position.

Your attitude in-game (you enjoy it) and your attitude here (in the above post) is so refreshing. I've enjoyed your characters for a while now, and am always glad to see you around.

GLWYN

115164, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've ran into you a few times it seems. I enjoyed the time we spent together as friend as well as foe. I hope you have something going, and who knows maybe we'll meet again.

GLWYN

--Mylene
115182, It was fun...
Posted by Aeede on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for RPing with me early on in my life. I really liked that one conversation in the INN we had.

Make a Herald, they are most fun without the burden of duty. GLWYN...
115257, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koa Kasarnova the Weaver of the Elements, Ripple in the Sea
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our fights and having enemies in the same religion is usually fun.

I think you would have had a decent shot at Harbinger if you stuck around, however it kinda seems like you have a tendency to jump ship when the tide turns. But yeah, I get when it isn't fun it isn't fun (I am a little bitter over you bailing on Charice still).

If Morgan was yours as well, Koa definitely seemed the tougher fight between the two to me.

Anyway, thanks for the blood oath.
115156, Now I'll never know what to do with spring's abundance.
Posted by Serakon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here's hoping you only deleted because you've got another climbing the tree!

GLWYN