Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lierda Lieald the Mistress of the Material Realms
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114672
114672, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lierda Lieald the Mistress of the Material Realms
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 13 05:54:13 2013

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Lierda perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:conjurer
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:37
114708, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lierda Lieald the Mistress of the Material Realms
Posted by Baffled on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
YOU WERE 37 HOURS OLD!!! I'm not even sure why I'm wasting my time ranting about your whining, but it disgusts me that people these days seem to get a few hours in and then let the character go. Hell, I've had practice sessions longer than you were old!

Like someone said in a previous posting, there are ebbs and flows to all cabals, stick it out a little and things are bound to change; especially when the number of players is down so much these days. Put in a couple hundred hours and then you've got something to moan about. I know a conjurer or two who set out to be explorer characters and have excelled quite well in the Fortress.

Regardless, I empathize with your frustration and feel if there were more people these days you'd have had what you were looking for. Just remember that the player base is limited and pretty much a family stump these days so set out with that in mind.

GLWYN, may it breach that daunting 100 hour mark.

+++Cracks open another beer and broods about.+++
114713, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lierda Lieald the Mistress of the Material Realms
Posted by Cenatar_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My issue was not the number of players. When I was active Fortress was a powerhouse with an active bard, healer and invoker and several other characters. And I've had conjurers in Fortress before and in other cabals.

I rolled this char to try certain things in Hell and Silent. Hell is closed and Silent is a secret playground for a few imms/players. So therefore I lost interest in the char.
114673, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lierda Lieald the Mistress of the Material Realms
Posted by Lierda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mistake one was joining fortress with a character made for mostly solo exploration. Mistake two was making a character made for mostly solo exploration when exploration seems dead in cf currently.
114675, Your problem may be
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that fort has had the liberty of exploring everywhere for a long long time now.

You probably picked about the worst time to do this. What looks like the start of a downswing with a group that's explored pretty much everything.
114684, RE: Your problem may be
Yeah, I played during that upswing and could have heroed but did not have time. But that seemed to be mostly busting dragons and killing Tiamat. And I would have played another class if I wanted to join those large groups.

I would be more interested in Silent or Hell alone or in very small groups. But there seems to be little interest from imms to provide that experience, hence the deletion.

I do regret somewhat that I did not hero and grab a few peopel and see if I could summon Yzekon but oh well, time flies fast and auto comes faster than I thought it would.
114685, RE: Your problem may be
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw, you were usually off doing your own thing, As you said, you kind of regretted joining the Fortress and that sort of showed. I'd just say if you join in order to explore, give back what you want to get. TELL people what you're looking to do, they'll want to help out and hang out with you.
114686, RE: Your problem may be
Yeah, I should have not joined fortress as I prefer to solo a lot with a conjurer. I actually intended to just hero, get acolyte (yeah, I know I need to actually do stuff for that) for a certain power and grab one or two fortress-guys and try the truly hard stuff that I've not been able to do with solo my other chars. Like arch-devils and stuff like that.

But generally I liked most in Fortress (except maybe one character) and I think you generally do a nice job both with interactions and the areas you write. Next time I should just do a character that is more dependent on others so I'm forced to interact and not OG conjie #344.
114691, Then next time...
Posted by Slack on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Join a cabal that advocates exploring like the Heralds.

The best way to make a character is to be dependent on your own skills rather than compliment with cabal powers. With all cabals comes cabal politics. You have to deal with it or IMMs will get pissed and then you would see the bad side of cool IMMs.

When you join a cabal, you bought into the philosophy from start. The philosophy has upper limit and lower limit. All characters must fit within the limit.

GLWYN

114704, I don't think you got my point
I like solo exploring with a conjie and challenge myself to see how far I can go solo. The reason for joining Fortress was to gain one power and be able to have one or two allies I could grab to fight some especially difficult mobs I could not solo. The reason for going with elf was to have 25 int against certain mobs etc. So it was not so much me seeking people to guide me around more than for me to see if I could be bothered to gather the eq/preps etc necessary to overcome some of the tougher things I've found. So it was a character with some very specific goals.

However the bigger challenges are closed/secret so I kind of lost my interest.

And I did not really have a problem with Fortress either. I was not one of the better but I retrieved when I should (rarely lost the orb though) and I defended when I could. Also helped some but as I did not have an Acolyte title you don't get that many requests.
114680, Exploration isn't dead!
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have created a group exploration char and will put it in action very soon!