Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jawn Foote the Wielder of the Winds of Fate, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114559
114559, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jawn Foote the Wielder of the Winds of Fate, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 2 18:21:46 2013

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Jawn perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:511
115179, Awesome character
Posted by Nyst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not much to say really, you were always there when I needed you,
and played a harbinger to perfection I thought.

Hope they put your name up on the Tree.

114560, Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. My longest lived character by at least fifty hours.

First Outlander. I actually rolled Jawn to learn how to deal with being wanted better. I pretty much only roll non-Battle
to figure out how to be a better Villager.

I spent over a year of my life with Jawn Foote, and like he always said, the more I learn the less I realize I know.

It was an outstanding experience, and there are far, far too many awesome players and characters to mention, but a few
stand out above the rest.

Fjarn: You were awesome. I kinda stopped coming around the shrine when it seemed like you got busy. I hope you're not offended.
It's a great religion. I barely understand it, but holy crap, did it make me think. A year ago, discussing it with my girlfriend
I realized (little surprise) that her worldview is nearly lockstep in time with a Scarab follower, so thanks for bringing up some
very eye-opening discussions. Your faith is very complex, but totally worth it. The bonds I formed with some of your fellow followers
were awesome. The tattoo never did anything, but just getting it was the prize for me. Thank you.

Uggah: Jawn's best friend of all time. I continued to speak about you up until this week. You were gone, but never forgotten.

Pruh: One of my absolute favorites. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I enjoyed talking to you more than I enjoyed almost
anything else I did with Jawn.

Auldr: Pro, you and I have spoken at length about it, and I still maintain that you were an amazing character who brought a
level of conflict to the game that many people were not ready to deal with. I honestly think that there is not enough of this
sort of thing and it saddens me that people chose to react the way they did.

Ekaerok: You are amazing. I hope you get what you deserve now.

Jerry: I'm glad I was able to explain all that stuff before now.

Nythos: Keep on trucking. You're going to do great things for this game.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a hundred people. Hopefully I said what I wanted on your death threads, but if you want to reply to
this, I'll gladly respond.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there were portions of Jawn Foote's life where I (after a long hiatus) started drinking
again, so a good deal of Jawn's senility was just me being drunk. I'm sorry if I got anyone killed or caused too much head
scratching with that.

This last log in was particularly brutal, but I'm just getting way too busy to be playing a leader, so it's time for someone else
to have a shot, I think. Not to mention I've been having some really nasty connection issues, but have been too busy to suss them out.
Perhaps in the future.

It's a great game, I'll be back when I can.

Thank you, everyone.

Macaca Oxtail
Homard Brokenstone
Eck Nestless
Mauz Komkat
Jawn Foote

114561, Outstanding character.
Posted by Nythos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't say I'm exceptionally surprised learning this was you. Not that I ever thought you were, but the fact that Jawn was awesome and most of your characters are. I always loved seeing Jawn around, and he was always a consistent presence in the Refuge. Somewhat sad to see the last of Nythos' mortal companions die off, but between Oryntohr and you, maybe some of those poor neutral Outlanders have a shot at leader now, hah!

See you around soon enough again, I'm sure. Good luck!
114562, BURN!!!!!!
Posted by Grippledank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were awesome (like always). You really did a great job of being a harbringer and not just an reaver (murder druid) that happened to group with goodies. you brought a lot to the cabal especially in those long months when we were the underdog and everyone else in the cabal was barely playing.

Keep making quality chars dude, you set a great example.
114564, Re: Murder Druid
It was only in the last hundred or so hours that I even figured out how to PK with a druid.

Granted, I had some RP priorities when it came to PK and I really, really wasn't looking to just PK anyone. In fact, more often than not I was looking to not PK people if there were Imperials on. (Ooooh, Jawn hated Imperials so much!)

Jawn also hated Dwarves, but I decided to try to temper that anger, and even though I don't think I updated my role in like nine months, he really tried to look for reasons to not hate Dwarves, especially considering that most PC Dwarves don't really do much defiling, and he thought his personal issues with the race might have been a bit misguided.

Oh, and as a priest of Fjarn I really looked for pretty much any target before I'd go after a Villager, especially considering that so many Outlander enemies are also Battle enemies.

I also remember at least one instance of some enemy calling me a crappy hunter because I couldn't find them, but what really happened is that an applicant sent me a tell and I chamoed in the forest to talk to them and gave up on the PK. It happens.

And yeah, those lean months were tough, Grip. You made a huge difference. It was fearsome to watch a tranny hit like that. FFS.

114563, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Koa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is so saddening but it makes that much more appreciative that we got to spend a bit of time together before you left us. I appreciated the chance you gave me deeply. And your impact on the tree. I'll ensure I continue to keep up with all you taught me and what we've discussed. GLWYN
114567, Jawn Foote!
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't interact with you at all, but I watched you periodically.
I really loved everything I saw about this character. Might be
my favorite of yours to date.

Good luck with the future.
114568, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Nilvrine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character! You had a great presence.

114569, Noooooooooooo!
Posted by Oaneewke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Totally can't say enough good things about this character.
114570, Fate
Posted by Brakrar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was gonna wait to post on anyone's thread until I died but you are the one I have to make an exception for.

You literally made my path into Outlanders, I had been leaning that way
due to my role but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go that route or not. I had considered having Brakrar as my first Villager. However, after that long talk we had on Eastern Road and you said it being about Fate bringing us together for so long and talking unhindered...just had to go with Outlander again.

Thank you for the induction and the good times, I know our times didn't mesh up often but when they did I always enjoyed our interactions. Jawn will be missed for sure.

GLWYN
114574, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Ekaerok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had the opportunity to interact with Jawn on a few previous to Ekaerok as well as a long time as Ekaerok and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am going to miss the humor and willingness to attack.
114575, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Hilamar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jawn....

What can I say but you were truly awesome to have as both a mortal enemy and an ally if you would. I unfortunately never got to interact with you other then as Hilamar, but the interactions we had, especially within the cave and discussions of Fjarn's religion held a special place in my heart.

I loved when you were not a criminal and willing to come and speak to me just in the middle of town. And I really appreciate the offer of your helping to find Hilamar's past. Unfortunately, it was a road I had to travel alone.

And I also appologize for targetting you when the raids happened, but I knew I could take out your firepower realitely quickly and have you out of the fight for a bit.

Overall a great character, and will truly be missed as the Wielder. By the way, I actually did ask Fjarn about the Tattoo.

Hilamar
114590, I think religion trumps a lot.
As such, I went (and less so with Hilamar than with Treyliu) out of my way to engage with other tatted followers.

Something that I find very interesting is that (to my knowledge) somewhere between 75 and 100 percent of Fjarn's tattooed followers have gotten leader positions.

I think that says something interesting about the very complex faith.

Honestly, if I weren't so busy right now I'd probably roll up a Trib to help you out.

Maybe not, though, I thing you guys are on an upswing.

Keep up the good work.
114577, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Much respect for this character. I watched this character a lot and it was always well done. Good job.

=w=
114578, A time for every season...
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So sad. I'd liked you to have stayed around longer, because you sure made my job easier, but longer than what? You put in plenty of time, for sure, and I did notice your availability going down and started to get concerned, so this was likely a good move.

I don't mind loose cannon Sunwardens or Nightreavers but I do like me a nice stable Harbinger. Which also means, I got to leave the cabal on auto-pilot and focus on my side projects, so thanks for that. (Oops, did I just admit that?!)

Serial Battlerager or not, I do hope we see you in Outlander in another form sometime in the future. Rock on!
114582, Outstanding
Posted by Vhateel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the one enemy that I personally felt a connection with. Not on the pk side (it was one sided for both of us, depending on who was the instigator), but on the character theory/development side.

I very nearly pushed my whole concept on you a few times because I could tell that you would have completely ran with it, but trying to roleplay with someone while not roleplaying at them really is a thin line. Thank you for being interesting and very deadly while still being sporty enough to keep enemies from just giving up (that really is a big part of keeping the game fun for everyone).
114593, A great game presence and a classy foe
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed all our fights and our banter. I figured you had to be close to the end, but wouldn't have minded seeing you around as long as Kraldinor lasted. I had some previous interactions w Jawn, but wiLl save mentioning those for later.
115162, RE: Thank you, everyone.
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to see this...a testament to how crazy life has been for me these past few months.

I immensely enjoyed my interactions with Jawn. I thought you had the religion pretty well figured out, and I'm glad it made you think. That's the point, after all :) I especially enjoyed the way you interacted with other followers of mine. Several of them spoke to me of discussions they had with you, which is exactly what I would expect from a high priest of any religion.

Folks looked up to you, and Jawn was exceptionally well played.
115163, I appreciate that.
I tried to put religion ahead of other loyalties, notably cabal, which is how I think it should be.

I showed up just too late to meet up with Caitlyn, but I had great interactions with Treliyu, and finally I even went so far as to try to help Hilamar with his quest, despite us being leaders of opposing cabals.

The fact that your religion lends itself to comparing notes with other followers and that two people with your tattoo will experience very different things really lends itself to fantastic roleplay between people who might not otherwise find time to talk.

It's very well done.

I'm going to point out that I've never looked for the easy route with this game and I've found that the rewards I've gotten (Not talking about legacies or tattoos. Some of you will understand.) have all come at the end of difficult roads. Your religion exemplified that to me, so thank you.

I don't think that I'm alone in that, though. I'm not sure how many people you've tatted, but I think I can only think of one who didn't eventually lead their cabal (and he might not have gotten the tat.)

I know you're busy, but I'd encourage anyone to try a Fjarnie. You won't regret it if you throw yourself into it.

Thanks again.