Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Madoc the Fist of Darkness, Elite Imperial Warlock
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114549
114549, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Madoc the Fist of Darkness, Elite Imperial Warlock
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 2 14:11:51 2013

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Madoc perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:231
114552, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Madoc the Fist of Darkness, Elite Imperial Warlock
Posted by Sleris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a fun one to hunt or be hunted by had a lot of fun eves trying to harvest your quick ass
114550, Getting there..
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was hoping to make it to fifty years old, ah well.

Fourth con dead hero A-P and I finally made it to fire control without being given 16 free charges as a consolation prize. Things were up and down throughout the characters life, I put in a lot of early work which didn't really pay off.. gathering over a hundred gold before level 10 to buy a really nice set and pay for my first promotion, had eaten a full loot by level 15. I had 100% parry before level 20, but think I was at least 0-6 in PK by level 30. Found my amber and sienna wands within about 15 minutes of starting to look, still couldn't win a PK for a long time. Sometime after I got unholy blessing though things started to click, and I actually started landing kills, starting with Leena who had taken at least 2 con off me and gave the most charges I ever got from a kill. For a while every time I lost a weapon it had charges in it, which meant I was at least giving out a 1/3 con loss for each one I took. Getting the soul drain spell in the treasure hunt kept me hanging in there too.. it was a great reward, made the character unique and gave a worthwhile advantage in some situations, without really making me able to do anything I couldn't have done otherwise. Last couple of days though I seemed to have lost the ability to get kills again, strangely enough after I found my black rod.

I've said this with other characters I know, but this one really taught me a lot about the class and the game and I'll be giving it another shot. If I can get to the point where I can hold on to a set, I might be able to do good things with it..
114551, This is how to learn a class.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I suspect that in the next year or so you're gonna have some super scary Chancellor AP.
114588, I agree. Love to see con-deaths!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You learn so so much.
114555, RE: Getting there..
Posted by etion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Figured this was you. You are getting better, keep trucking away. Sorry I couldn't be around more. Pendulum is swinging, hope to see you as a Black again. GL again.
114566, RE: Getting there..
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, you had, like, some con when we talked the other day...
114573, The lesson here..
If you have it in the back of your mind that maybe you'd like to follow some imm one day, try and get yourself noticed BEFORE the need for a con quest is imminent
114618, Yup.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Incidentally, from the little bit I watched you late in life I got the feeling that you were just starting to figure out what you needed to do to be scary and hit your stride a little.

So I'm understandably very curious to see what you do next.
114594, RE: Getting there..
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The increased effectiveness was huge toward the end. I loved having you around and hope to see you back soon. I would suggest playing a giant warrior next like I usually do, but have become very fond of black circles.
114608, Do your self a favor
Posted by Haepmith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't play an evil till the marshall is gone. Its just sick on the con we loose.
114614, I don't think it'll be that long, and I'll probably miss him when he goes
I think he'd just gotten the Jaguar when I heroed my first character and it's become a fact of life on the mud. In fact the other day Empire had 4 cabal items and a couple of hero range imperials on and suddenly there was nobody to fight and I was bored as hell.