Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Olvantyr Al'abrandyn the Champion of the Virtues, Guide of the Ruins
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114148
114148, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Olvantyr Al'abrandyn the Champion of the Virtues, Guide of the Ruins
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 1 10:35:23 2013

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Olvantyr perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:104
114151, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Olvantyr Al'abrandyn the Champion of the Virtues, Guide of the Ruins
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Soo yeah. Champions are fun. This is the first one I played. I was a little disappointed to see that half of the mud had the idea the same as me to play one.. I swear every Paladin I saw ranking up was a pole spec, and that kinda sucked.

The Champion skills are all pretty awesome though.
Bat might need to get toned down. It can do a lot of nasty things.. maybe it shouldn't have such short lag (half a round or so?). Hitting twice between combat rounds, with a decent chance to lag was a bit much. Especially when it's also a decent amount of damage, and some other affects.
Fend makes you tank like a champ. Simple, but great for ranking (and for the Empire inners).
Maneuver is a great utility skill. It got me out of some tough spots, and saved me a ton of time.
Marshall is.. awesome. Enough said.

Baerinika- Sorry for deleting early (yet again), but I'm sure considering how many people are vying for your attention, I won't be missed. I tried to go a little bit different route RP wise. I was enjoying playing the nervous, awkward, self-conscious half-elf. I tried to put more effort into the roleplay than I have with previous chars.. but that started to fade a little bit over the last several days, I think. Fun interactions, as always though. I can't believe that's the first time I heard your full origin story though.

I have way too much going on in my personal life right now (new job, semester, new house, new country). But I have an addictive personality, so most of the previous was getting ignored so that I could put in my 3 or 4 hours a day.

Everyone else, you were almost all pretty good. I had quite a few people get bitchy with me after getting PK'd.. I attribute that mostly to the apparent belief that bat is overpowered (which.. it may be, somewhat). But for the most part, it was good times.
114152, I had a hunch this was you
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I, too, couldn't believe you actually wanted to sit down and hear the whole Baer origin story. I seriously thought to myself "Why does this guy want to hear this story for the fifth time?" but apparently we never got that far before. Somehow.

All that said, I'm seriously disappointed to see this. You will be missed, and I had plans for you.
114153, Yeah..
We touched on parts of it a few different times, on a few different characters. I guess we just never got around to going through it all in one go.

Sorry to disappoint. I had high hopes for the char, but there was just too much working against it. Timing wasn't good, personally wise, or the way the playerbase is right now. Seriously, logging in to see fully half the mud in the Fortress kind of sealed the deal for me.

You know I'll be back though. Hopefully less transparently than I was here. Guess I'll need to try a little harder..
114154, It's a compliment really
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're kind of the standard by which Baerpals are measured. When one hits the high bar I start giving him the Java-stink-eye. :)
114158, Man, you will be missed.
Posted by Irineth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a force, well deserved for everything you got. Sorry I kept thinking your tactics were really you getting beat up. :)

Enjoyed the interactions. Hope to see you back soon.
114155, You were tough
Posted by Iacegr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew it wasn't your first go around with a paladin, but you presented a unique challenge in that you defended well, could pour out damage and lag. I was hoping you would stick around so I could fight you again, but I suppose that'll have to wait for your next incarnation.
114156, *sigh*
Posted by Nualle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First Vallanthrall, now you! How's a poor fatherless insecure girl supposed to gain her confidence?

Enjoyed interacting with you. Good luck with your next.
114157, RE: *sigh*
Likewise.

I actually felt bad about deleting, because of what's going on with Nualle. I didn't want you to feel all abandoned and stuff.

It was fun interacting with you. It helped flesh out my own RP a little bit, getting called into the "mentor" role before Olvantyr thought he was ready for it.
114174, We had some limited banter, and a few skirmishes.
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a fight where basically every command failed, and then a fight where everything went as planned.

I was really pissy that you died to poison and not to me.
Oh well.

I was looking forward to having another paladin up my ass to change it up a bit, kinda sad you threw in the towel.

Good luck with the next one.
Take care.
114189, This is a bummer
Posted by Huldon Clearwater on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And here you thought I was the one deleting. Your character had a lot of promise, I hope I helped that along but who knows. Tried to play my part and shepherd you into the light of the ruins. Anyway good luck with life and find some time soon to come back to CF.

A closed mind can not grow - Huldon Clearwater Shepherd of the Misty Ruins