Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Wujin the Greater Transmuter, Initiate of the Jaguar
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114133
114133, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Wujin the Greater Transmuter, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 30 17:06:02 2013

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Wujin perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:33
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:150
114137, Goodbyes
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could not keep playing because of other commitments, and over the past 3 weeks I had barely any chance to check my email regularly at all, much less CF, so I let Wujin autodelete.

I rolled Wujin for 2 purposes: trying out transmuter pk and trying out Baerinika's religion.

Baerinika: Thank you for the talks, attention, and tattoo, and I'm sorry that after my times started tapering off all I could really do was log in with 30 minute sessions and just do some PK. You put in a lot of time and attention for your followers and I think all your followers really appreciate it. The reason why there are so many followers of your religion(s) is because of the great presence.

Friends: I didn't really meet anyone who rubbed me the wrong way, or maybe I just didn't interact enough with any one particular player. Fortress heroes were generous as always, but I made sure never to ask for gear (though I did ask for rescuing from tough areas or PKs against enemies who use sleep).

Enemies/Victims: I hope I kept the game fun for you guys even as I was trying to gun you all down. I know I missed 2 or 3 PKs because I didn't want to kill linkdeads, and I kept a 30 minute buffer between PKing the same person twice (unless he came looking for it). The veterans amongst you found me easy to evade or chase off, and the newbies were the ones who got killed. A midbie transmuter without neuro finds it pretty hard to kill an opponent alone.

Transmuters: Transmuters are really powerful from the moment they get the parry skill, all the way to hero. This applies moreso to human transmuters because of the 0 exp penalty, lack of vulns, and 20 con. I enjoyed experimenting with weird and less-used skills such as augment toxins, petrify flesh, accelerate, muscular lethargy, and I highly recommend that future transmuter players level slowly so that they can get a feel for what all these spells can do. They're amazing against opponents who are not expecting their effects. I'll try to post some logs whenever I find time (which may be months in the future).

PK: I was quite happy with this character PK-wise. I think I ended up with a 90+% ratio and over 60 PKs. It's no Nepenthe-level play, but I'm happy with it.

Neutrals: I killed a lot of neutrals on Wujin, without ever intentionally hunting them. I chuckled once when an IMM accidentally sent a miss-tell to me about "most of his neutral kills seem legit, such as neutrals ranking on goods or Nexus or villagers" or something like that. Because of the village-fort war and the very large number of villagers and villager-apps during my times, I ended up with a very large number of neutral kills. I never made the first attack on a neutral who was not a villager (and even then only hunted them during the war) or killing good-aligned mobs or players.

Role: Wujin was a medicine-man or doctor from a tribe which was good at medicine (transmutation, herbal medicine, triage, etc., but not divine healing). He left his (neutral-align) tribe because they healed anyone who would pay, whereas he felt that healing the evil was wrong. I spun the "leaving one's family" thing as an act of courage and sacrifice, and linked the medical analogy to moral purity in Thera as a whole.

Role contest reward: I had a really mechanically-weak reward, but I didn't really need big rewards being a midbie human transmuter anyway, and having anything at all makes the character unique, so thank you very much for reading and liking my role. Rewards were fleshmender, bonemender, organmender, and plaguetender (healer edge).
114138, 30 whole minutes between pks!!! Thank god for that 24 minute ghost timer.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despite your admission of multikilling people, I played two of your enemies but never saw anything egregious.

One of mine was an AP, and I do say that eyes of flame on lowbie is so damned powerful it isn't funny. In general it seems that maran status is far easier to come by than it once was, and I don't know that I endorse that perceived policy change.
114139, RE: 30 whole minutes between pks!!! Thank god for that 24 minute ghost timer.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>In general it
>seems that maran status is far easier to come by than it once
>was,

At the time of maraning, Wujin was 26-1 as a low 20s transmuter. (And he was in character and putting effort into RP any time I personally watched him.) I don't know that I'd call that easy.

I mean, sure, there are a handful of players who can do it, but it's not a long list.
114140, Sam seems to be pretty good at it. (n/t)
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
114141, Good for Wujin.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will take the discussion to Gameplay.
114143, Multikilling and ghost timers
I must have estimated the time wrongly if ghost timer is 24 minutes. I only beat them down after they've been unghosted for about as long as they've been ghosted (just going by feel) so it's more like 48 minutes.

I think I only did it to this orc, but I forgot his name. He had all of his gear since I left his stuff, and I think I'd just PKed some other char after getting him, so it didn't feel like a multikill.

Anyway, I usually logged off long before I could even kill the same enemy 3 times or more. Only 2 enemies were killed more than twice by me: Arratok (5 times), Giafersy (3 times). Neither were killed within short time periods (logins). I think that orc might have been Ogrlunk (2 kills in same login).

Eyes of flame is amazing, but not impossible for necromancers to handle. APs should just have steered clear of me entirely unless they could catch me un-quickened and perma-bash me into the ground.

Mhournhul was a standout example of how to use Eyes against your opponent. He baited me with Eyes and immediately dispelled most of my stuff, which allowed his golem/ghoul/zombies to pound on me hard, which made me flee and remove eyes. Then he slept me and spelled me up, which led me to teleporting into High Lords' and dying. Maran with eyes in midbie levels often neglect saves vs spells because most non-sleep spellcasters are not that threatening.
114147, Tick length is 30 seconds on average as I remember
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and ghost timer is 24 ticks.. so 12 minutes, not 24.

This seems to be a surprisingly common misconception.
114149, I was always cheering when you logged on
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And there may have been some encouraging chants of "Kill, Wujie, kill!!" cause you always seemed unstoppable and generally awesome.

Good luck on your next when you have time to pick CF up again.
114166, Told ya human trannie was a sweet combo.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I can rock a 85% ratio with something, you know it's a power combo ;)

Didn't see much of this char, but one question...no minotaur merc because you were good and he is evil? Always thought the merc was better for a trannie because of haste/accelerate/enlarge.
114168, RE: Told ya human trannie was a sweet combo.
You can enlarge/reduce the construct. Constructs deal more damage than the unbuffed mino, and benefit from both soften and decalcify (since they punch). The downside is inability to benefit from quickening, but I'd rather not have to keep spells up on another person aside from myself, since it's tiring enough on a transmuter to maintain self-buffs.

But the reason for not using them on Wujin is the fact that the minotaur is evil. I've not tried the minotaur mercenary on a transmuter before, so maybe it's even better than the construct.
114171, Just does more things...like lag.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between bash/trip/gore you can get some sweet lag from that merc.

And that's what I figured. Constructs are nasty though. More expensive than the merc (another point that is not necessarily inconsequential) though.
114135, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Wujin the Greater Transmuter, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe Duvam's young buddy. :) Devastating guy for a while there man.