Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Aronar the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114056
114056, (DELETED) [None] Aronar the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 23 05:16:12 2013

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Aronar perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:149
114060, Want to die a slow, agonizing death by boredom?
Posted by Aronar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure if anyone will want to read all of this but I'll clear some things up regardless.

The character believed he had talent for necromancy and transmutation, but I did not want him to actually become a trannie or necro - such things are done differently. There was a goal to have felar transmuters be open for a season or two as a result of this char's effort, but I know full well I didn't have enough impact and probably wouldn't even if I played to age death. The only thing I felt was going for me was good written role.

Basic idea was: evil mage who has delusions of grandeur about his race (felar as children of magic), but who has next to no actual magical talent himself. Physically and magically weak but perseverant. He also loathed being short-lived. So he "worked" on creating a better felar race by studying elves (the most long-lived and magically talented folks out there). Studying, obviously, in an evil way :)

I enjoyed being a social chameleon and making friends with neutrals then freaking them out by saying and doing gruesomely evil things. Not very keen on that, but I tried. I could not find enough RP angles and the ones I already had were getting boring, hence the delete.

Mechanically, it wasn't hard to survive. I had a total of 4 PK deaths, one due to extremely bad connection and three to my own mistakes. Air shifters were my bane. Could run one off sometimes but most often trying to fight back was just a waste of rods as they would keep coming again and again and I can't keep ABS up 24/7. I think I spent a lot of time down in the underdark and even under the seas because of that.

I was a surprisingly good tank in PvE, especially since I could gather my ABS on my own with manageable effort. Relied on my knowledge to be useful in groups - carried wands, talismans and scrolls for all kinds of situations.

I hope I didn't come off too whiny at times, I was just trying to talk by any means because I was bored to death. The only thing that really ticked me off was losing my staff, which I relied on to a great degree at times, to someone who couldn't possibly make any solid use of it. Twice to different people. I did not complain at the time but I will say it now: you both are #### for doing it. Your mileage may vary. Thanks.

I will not post goodbyes but will respond to posts with character names.
114061, A question.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not just apply for an offbeat character combo as a way to your goal?

There have been Duergar Rangers, Arial Paladins, and Drow Bards recently.

It seems to me that this is the staff's preferred way of dealing with these sort of roles at the moment.
114064, My role was specifically tailored for a shifter who knew no forms.
Like I said I didn't just want to play a felar trannie nor necro, I wanted to make it so they're open to be rolled freely for a season or two.

Also, I consider myself very knowledgeable and I wanted to try if I can play a char who relies almost exclusively on object-based magic to make do. Didn't work that well but at least I learned even more stuff!
114062, I thought you were great!
Posted by Ziph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed exploring and running around with you. Also glad we found your barrier wand together! That was a fun adventure.

I think you had a very challenging path and you RP'ed/followed it extremely well.

I could sense you were getting a bit bored in the end and was hoping you would persevere!

Most luck to you with your next.
114065, Appreciated.
I have a soft spot for Heralds. I decided Aronar wasn't actually going to become one, though, despite what he told you. An evil who wants to join Herald is probably going to be either a crappy evil or a crappy Herald, or both!

So, IC, that's what he was, a lying, deceitful bastard trying to get on your good side :) I sure enjoyed running with you, and looking for wands is always so much fun.

You have a solid character, best of luck to you!
114058, Sad to see this.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was a neat character.